One Amp -> 4 pairs of speakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-09-2001, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
jdt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I have speaker wires run to several rooms in the house. At this time I don't want to buy a Kustom/Niles/Russound Multizone system. I just want to hear the same input in four locations.

So I was looking at getting either one of those speaker selector/volume controllers or a speaker distribution panel (seen them at smarthome.com).

My two questions are:
(a) what do people think is the best solution for under $200?
(b) does anyone make volume control units (for use with Niles/Russound) that are external to the wall?

Thanks
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-09-2001, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
John,
The Niles SPS-4, or speakercraft S4 impedance matching speaker selectors are both good products for your application and run about $99 retail at your local electronics retailer.

Volume controls like the Niles VCS-2D would work fine, or the Speakercraft VST-60 should work fine and run about $65 retail. They can be mounted in the wall using a single gang cut-in ring/retrofit ring which run about $1.00 at Home Depot. If you'd like to do a surface mount option you can just pick up a single gang surface mount box at Home Depot (choose the deep model) and install your volume control inside that. The cover plate will work normally. If you're going for an outdoor location, then grab one of their outdoor wet location covers at Home Depot as well.

-- John G.

------------------
-John G.

-John Gonzales

wwjd?
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page