need help finding Honeywell Gateway products on the 'Net - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-13-2001, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am not fmiliar with this product, but From the look of things on the net, they are only sold through trained dealers. Have you tried any of the dealers to see if they would sell you one? http://content.honeywell.com/yourhome/w7006/buy.htm

Keep in mind the other products that are associated with this may be exclusive also. I think the item is sold to trained Security dealers because of the direct tie-in to the security system.

Worthington distribution sells the HAI OMNI, which can do many control functions from the internet.

I need a girl whos name does not end in .jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-13-2001, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

This may not be the right forum for this but I can't find any decent Home Automation forums other than this one.

I'm looking for the Honeywell W7006A gateway. It has a built-in web server and lets you change thermestat and security settings over the internet. Dealer need to be specially trained to install these and there isn't one in my area. I've read the install docs on Honeywell's web site and it is very simple for any computer literate person to install. Does anyone know where I may purchase one of these?

Thanks
post #3 of 4 Old 08-14-2001, 05:33 AM

I believe I've seen that Honeywell product doesn't tie in too well with other automation systems. If this is important to you then you might try using AMX for net control of an HVAC system. I've setup control for a 15 zone house this way and it works very well using both AMX's HVAC system and Trane's BacNET.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-14-2001, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Something to keep in mind is that Honeywell will not deal with a homeowner regarding warranty problems. If you have a problem, they will only talk to a dealer, and will not honor any warranty on such products not installed by a dealer.
steve
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page