AVAtrix and Home Automation - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 55 Old 01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Murray - you've got mail for the next round of testing on the driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 01-29-2007, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mario,
I installed it and am getting a Runtime Error '13' Type mismatch. I tried deleting my original mlmatrixswitcher.mdb file and re-installing in the hopes that installing a fresh database would help, but I got the same error. I am guessing that it has something to do with the database table types -- they are all listed as numbers, long integers.

Please take a look and send me the next version when you figure out what is causing this error.
thanks,
Murray
LL
post #33 of 55 Old 03-01-2007, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. MurrayW has been giving the AVatrix plugin a workout and we're coming to the final stretch of development.

We're preparing for our showing at EHX in Orlando next week so the release might not be until after that if all final testing goes well. Special thanks to Murray for putting it through the ringer.

I don't know if its just a guy thing, but its a such an empowering feeling to be able to control a new piece of equipment.
post #34 of 55 Old 03-01-2007, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcascio View Post

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. MurrayW has been giving the AVatrix plugin a workout and we're coming to the final stretch of development.

We're preparing for our showing at EHX in Orlando next week so the release might not be until after that if all final testing goes well. Special thanks to Murray for putting it through the ringer.

I don't know if its just a guy thing, but its a such an empowering feeling to be able to control a new piece of equipment.

It is controlling everything just fine now. There are a few cosmetic suggestions that I made that Cinemar is working on.

I don't know, but there are a few other "guy" things that empower me more than this plugin -- Mario, it must be that endless winter that you have to endure. Never the less, it is still pretty neat to control everything from a computer and Mario and Jeremy have done an excellent job of getting this plugin to control the AVAtrix.

Murray
post #35 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

OK everyone.

Sorry it took so long to finalize the plugin. Everything moves along much slower development-wise without the hardware in hand. But its finally complete and tested.

For details on the new AVATRIX driver, please visit:
http://www.cinemaronline.com/mlserve...xswitcher.html

MurrayW - do you have any sample scenes that we can pass on to new users?
post #36 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK everyone.
MurrayW - do you have any sample scenes that we can pass on to new users?

Not yet...I haven't done much other than test the plugin -- I am way behind on my "scene" updating. When I get something in place I will post it.
Murray
post #37 of 55 Old 04-30-2007, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

MurrayW,

We've made some more improvements to the plugin and to the docs. So I went ahead and created a scene that will help users get up and running instantly. All they'll need to do is configure their com port for their AVATRIX and their up and running.

The scenes are currently not included in the installer...but will be. If anyone needs them before the next Mainlobby release...please email me and I will gladly send them along.
post #38 of 55 Old 04-30-2007, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

MurrayW,

We've made some more improvements to the plugin and to the docs. So I went ahead and created a scene that will help users get up and running instantly. All they'll need to do is configure their com port for their AVATRIX and their up and running.

The scenes are currently not included in the installer...but will be. If anyone needs them before the next Mainlobby release...please email me and I will gladly send them along.

It pays to be lazy! Mario, could you email me that scene.
thanks,
Murray
post #39 of 55 Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Murray,

You've got mail...give the scene a test run when you get a chance. I want to make sure all the controls are working and that the buttons are indicating proper status.

Thanks.
post #40 of 55 Old 05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

CQC also has an AVATRIX driver that apparantly will be available with the release of 2.1.
post #41 of 55 Old 05-11-2007, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Guys,

For those of you with 16x9 screens such as the UMPC tablets or 8" Nobu inwall - we've created another great sample scene that works with the new AVATRIX plugin right out-of-the-box.

If someone needs the scenes prior to he next ML3 update, just shoot me an email and I'll be sure to send it along.

As usual, you have complete control over the look and feel of the interface. These scenes are designed to get you up and running right away. You can swap buttons, change the tint color, modify room and zone names, etc.
post #42 of 55 Old 08-01-2008, 08:21 AM

I posted this over on the ML forum, but no response.

I have an avatrix with 12 output (2 1176s), latest firmware for all. I have Mainlobby with all latest versions and am experiencing a strange problem.

1) When I switch inputs from mainlobby is switches fine, but it seems to take a long time 10-30 seconds to finish the command and move on.

2) The feedback variables don't contain the right input. so let's say we switch to input 1 on wall plate 2. The system returns input 6 on wall plate 1. I am using the screens with little or no modification.

Can someone chime in on this? What am I missing?

Thanks,
W
post #43 of 55 Old 08-01-2008, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Warren,

Make sure you have logged in and downloaded the latest files. I believe there have been recent updates that have resolved some issues.
post #44 of 55 Old 08-01-2008, 11:00 AM

Thanks, do you know what the latest version numbers are just to be sure i'm looking at the same thing?
post #45 of 55 Old 08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

post #46 of 55 Old 08-01-2008, 11:54 AM

wooo hoooo!

It seems to work quite well now.

Thanks!
post #47 of 55 Old 08-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

I also have an AVAtrix with 2 1176s for 12 TVS. What kind of harware are you using with Mainlobby?
post #48 of 55 Old 08-11-2008, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

RxMan1,

I'd recommend at least 1 GHZ CPU or faster along with 512MB Ram or higher. WinXP Professional is our preferred OS but you can run on many other Windows Vista.
post #49 of 55 Old 08-11-2008, 11:08 AM

I am just using a Shuttle XPC (older AMD model) to run the MLserver component to control the Avatrix and many other things.

For local control, I am using in wall touchscreens (3 x ELO 15") with an old IBM laptop PC remotely located in the mech room.

I've not yet settled on a hand held solution to run Mainlobby, so for in-room control, I have an 1105 avatrix remote in some rooms along with source control remotes.

In a couple of rooms I have a universal remote MX-810 to do all the control.

Seems to be fine with the exception of the rooms with older LCD TVs where the IR is not 100%.
post #50 of 55 Old 08-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

I'm having a hard time getting a grasp on what I need. I do have a 3ghz/512ram htpc in my rack with my AVAtrix. Can this run MLServer in the background? Then I get something that basically does a remote session with the main computer?
post #51 of 55 Old 08-11-2008, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxMan1 View Post

I'm having a hard time getting a grasp on what I need. I do have a 3ghz/512ram htpc in my rack with my AVAtrix. Can this run MLServer in the background? Then I get something that basically does a remote session with the main computer?

RxMan1, there are many ways to set it up. I think the general recommendation is to have MLServer on a separate computer than your HTPC so that video intensive applications on your HTPC do not interfere with MLServer or vice versa. If you head over to the cinemar forum you will find that there are people who successfully run MLServer on their HTPC. If you go the UMPC route you would not need to run remote sessions on the main computer. Mario and David can provide more details and correct anything that I may have gotten wrong.

I have a separate MLServer PC and HTPC (actually my HTPC died about 6 months ago and I haven't rebuilt it yet). I use Fujitsu 3500's as clients (I have a UMPC but haven't gotten around to integrating it yet). The 3500's, 500 Mhz with 256 Ram running XP, are a little under powered, but at the present my control scenes are not that CPU intensive that I notice much of a lag. Pushing a button on my 3500 to change a source on the AVAtrix is just as quick as using the remote control.

Hope this helps a little bit.
Murray
post #52 of 55 Old 08-18-2008, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

RxMan1,

Feel free to call us (Cinemar) directly. We'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. Sometimes is much easier over the phone to get you from A to B.
post #53 of 55 Old 09-13-2008, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Trent,

Is the protocol available yet for the AVX-562? We've had a few requests for a plugin.
post #54 of 55 Old 09-13-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:

Is the protocol available yet for the AVX-562? We've had a few requests for a plugin.

I'd be surprised if it is any different than the older models since they all use the same firmware. There are few new features for all the models such as parent control and private viewing so maybe that's what your referring to.
post #55 of 55 Old 09-13-2008, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Trent,

Mario, I'd be surprised if you get a response from Trent. After being very active in this forum he suddenly stopped posting. His last post is in Dec '07. I found AA's tech support very helpful when I needed them, so you might try calling them.

Murray
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page