Official Audio Authority AVAtrix Q&A Thread (AVX-661 and AVX-561) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 504 Old 05-29-2007, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You'll need a card reader on your computer, and opening it up will show you an .exe file - that's the setup utility. If you open it up, it will come up with a simple, fairly self explanatory screen.

To save, just follow the prompts, and it will save a profile to the card. Load that on your AVAtrix, reset it, and it'll update with the new system settings.

Trent

Trent Davis
Audio Authority Corp.
Expert Audio/Video Solutions Since 1976

**Proud AVS Forum Alliance Members**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 504 Old 06-01-2007, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be out of the office on my honeymoon until June 12th. Don't fret if you can't get a hold of me! Give the office a call if you have any questions you need assistance with in the meantime, or mail sales@audioauthority.com.

Trent

Trent Davis
Audio Authority Corp.

post #93 of 504 Old 06-01-2007, 10:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Congratulations Trent -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Authority View Post

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be out of the office on my honeymoon until June 12th. Don't fret if you can't get a hold of me! Give the office a call if you have any questions you need assistance with in the meantime, or mail sales@audioauthority.com.

Trent

post #94 of 504 Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

While Trent is away and not paying attention to this thread, I thought I would pass this on to anyone who might be thinking about an AVAtrix.

First the disclaimers...I don't know this guy, I don't know what shipping costs would be, but if you go to E-Bay and search for item 320123869179 there is a 661 for sale that is $61 less than the model number. If you bought the other pieces that make up the AVAtrix separately, you could probably piece a system together for just over 2K. If I didn't already have my AVAtrix, I would be tempted to go this route.

He's got good feedback for selling electronics in this price range.

Murray
post #95 of 504 Old 06-05-2007, 06:33 PM

^ Someone got a great deal. I was going to buy it but they didn't list any shipping costs.
post #96 of 504 Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post

^ Someone got a great deal. I was going to buy it but they didn't list any shipping costs.

Yeah, that was kind of strange that there were no shipping costs listed, but the guy's feedback indicated that he had done right by people in the past. Maybe this one broke the rule that "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!"

Murray
post #97 of 504 Old 06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 28
First, Trent--congrats!!!

I just got my Aviatrix hooked up and running (at least in a testable mode with 2 wall units and one source connected). WOW. . .what a product. Sorry, just can't contain myself and had to share.

I can't wait for the weekend to get the rest of the sources and receiving units connected. I will say using the front panel to control this thing is a bit clumsy to me--I am anxious to get my MX3000 programmed with the remote codes and setup to drive this baby.
post #98 of 504 Old 06-13-2007, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quick question.

I plan on having all of my equipment in the basement in one room. All of my wire runs are to this spot. If I were to buy the AVAtrix and use it for matrix switched video in the 6 rooms, how would the audio work if I have all of the speaker wires in the same room as the AVAtrix? I suppose you could run the sound from the sources to the 12x amp in the basement but what is the best way to control it so that the sounds switches with the source I am watching? Macros on the remote?
post #99 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sass View Post

Congratulations Trent -

Thanks - I got a good one

Trent Davis
Audio Authority Corp.

post #100 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post

First, Trent--congrats!!!

I just got my Aviatrix hooked up and running (at least in a testable mode with 2 wall units and one source connected). WOW. . .what a product. Sorry, just can't contain myself and had to share.

I can't wait for the weekend to get the rest of the sources and receiving units connected. I will say using the front panel to control this thing is a bit clumsy to me--I am anxious to get my MX3000 programmed with the remote codes and setup to drive this baby.

I'm glad everything's going great!

Trent Davis
Audio Authority Corp.

post #101 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTyler
Quick question.

I plan on having all of my equipment in the basement in one room. All of my wire runs are to this spot. If I were to buy the AVAtrix and use it for matrix switched video in the 6 rooms, how would the audio work if I have all of the speaker wires in the same room as the AVAtrix? I suppose you could run the sound from the sources to the 12x amp in the basement but what is the best way to control it so that the sounds switches with the source I am watching? Macros on the remote?
If you can hold off about a month, we'll have the 1172 Audio Interface out to market, which breaks out the audio at the head end, making it easy to connect into your 12x amp with analog or digital audio.

Trent

1172preliminary4.pdf 230.6708984375k . file

Trent Davis
Audio Authority Corp.

post #102 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you can hold off about a month, we'll have the 1172 Audio Interface out to market, which breaks out the audio at the head end, making it easy to connect into your 12x amp with analog or digital audio.

Trent

Trent, Looks interesting. If you use this, is the audio still sent to the wall plates? In my setup, I have a couple of rooms that have speakers connected to an amp in my central AV location where the AVATrix will be residing -- so I would want to use the 1172 for these rooms, but not for the others.

thanks,
Murray
post #103 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayW View Post

Trent, Looks interesting. If you use this, is the audio still sent to the wall plates? In my setup, I have a couple of rooms that have speakers connected to an amp in my central AV location where the AVATrix will be residing -- so I would want to use the 1172 for these rooms, but not for the others.

thanks,
Murray

One of the great things about the 1172 is that the audio is still delivered to the wallplates as well. That way, if TV speakers or an in-room amp is used in some areas, the audio is still present in the room, as well as at the head end.

Trent

Trent Davis
Audio Authority Corp.

post #104 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm glad everything's going great!

Well. . .not so great! As I said, got everything tested, but was waiting on upgraded dvd changers to complete setup. Came up today to clean up rack (AV installers coming to put in Nuvo today) and noticed the 1166 power light and front panel are dead--buttons are unresponsive as is remote. I can hear the fan running, and the 1176's light is on, but the 1166 seems dead. Checked one of the tv's and no signal. I have not changed anything since initial test setup. I have hooked into monster home theater power, but with no battery backup and I have brownouts every once in a while (AV guys are replacing with APC battery backup/surge protector today).

Any clues? Any way to reset this thing to see if that will do the trick? I've looked through the manual and just see the troubleshooting page that doesn't address any of my issues.

NEVER MIND. . .I swapped power blocks between the 1166 and 1176 and now both are working. . .odd. I was 99% positive I had them matched as they came out of the box--and there didn't APPEAR to be a difference in the power blocks between the two. . .
post #105 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post

Well. . .not so great! As I said, got everything tested, but was waiting on upgraded dvd changers to complete setup. Came up today to clean up rack (AV installers coming to put in Nuvo today) and noticed the 1166 power light and front panel are dead--buttons are unresponsive as is remote. I can hear the fan running, and the 1176's light is on, but the 1166 seems dead. Checked one of the tv's and no signal. I have not changed anything since initial test setup. I have hooked into monster home theater power, but with no battery backup and I have brownouts every once in a while (AV guys are replacing with APC battery backup/surge protector today).

Any clues? Any way to reset this thing to see if that will do the trick? I've looked through the manual and just see the troubleshooting page that doesn't address any of my issues.

NEVER MIND. . .I swapped power blocks between the 1166 and 1176 and now both are working. . .odd. I was 99% positive I had them matched as they came out of the box--and there didn't APPEAR to be a difference in the power blocks between the two. . .

Mike, your symptom seems to match what we've seen from the marginal power supplies that were shipped out on some AVAtrix systems. If you'd like, please call 800/322-8346, and ask for service, and have them send you the replacement power supplies. If you have consistent brownouts, then the problem may manifest itself often.

Trent

Trent Davis
Audio Authority Corp.

post #106 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:

Trent

That is PERFECT! That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much for the heads up on that.

Edit: forgot to ask...how much does that cost?
post #107 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks Trent!!! I'll give them a shout today or tomorrow when I get a break. CI guys are here now doing the audio and new tv's, so will be a busy couple of days.
post #108 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTyler View Post

That is PERFECT! That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much for the heads up on that.

Edit: forgot to ask...how much does that cost?

Pricing hasn't been announced yet, but we're probably looking around the $500-$600 price point.

Trent Davis
Audio Authority Corp.

post #109 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Spoke to Curtis in Service and apparently, I DON'T have one/two of the marginal power supplies.

so. . .since everything is pulled apart right now with the CI's out doing their bit, I'll get the system back up and running tomorrow/saturday and monitor it for the next couple of weeks. If I continue to have problems, I'll call back and see what we try next. Curtis was very helpful and frankly, he was stumped as to what might have happened. I'm thinking my new battery backup/power supply might solve the problem.
post #110 of 504 Old 06-14-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:

Pricing hasn't been announced yet, but we're probably looking around the $500-$600 price point.

Thanks!
post #111 of 504 Old 06-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Well. . .ain't lookin' good. Got everything connected through the new APC battery backup power unit yesterday afternoon. All was working well--no issues sending video to the 3 connected wallplates.

Another day of stormy weather here and now the 1166 unit has no power again. . .tried swapping the power bricks again, with no luck. tried rebooting the power supply completely so both come on at the same time--nada. Guess I'll be calling tech support tomorrow morning to see what else to do.
post #112 of 504 Old 06-18-2007, 03:52 PM

Iam trying to split the IR out connection on the back of a 1166. I want one connection to go to the 1108 IR router and the other connected directly to an emitter. I tried doing this with a normal emitter and the signal just shorted out. I called tech support and they said I needed to put a different tip on the emitter. Does anybody know how this is done or know if its possible to buy this type of emitter anywhere?

The reason Iam doing this is because I want all commands to pass to my audio receiver in order to adjust the volume.

thanks,
Chris.
post #113 of 504 Old 06-18-2007, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj43 View Post

Iam trying to split the IR out connection on the back of a 1166. I want one connection to go to the 1108 IR router and the other connected directly to an emitter. I tried doing this with a normal emitter and the signal just shorted out. I called tech support and they said I needed to put a different tip on the emitter. Does anybody know how this is done or know if its possible to buy this type of emitter anywhere?

The reason Iam doing this is because I want all commands to pass to my audio receiver in order to adjust the volume.

thanks,
Chris.

Why not use the 2 headed emitters attached to the 1108 IR router -- one to your audio receiver and the other to another component you need to control? Maybe I am not understanding what you are trying to do correctly.

Good luck.
Murray
post #114 of 504 Old 06-18-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:

Why not use the 2 headed emitters attached to the 1108 IR router -- one to your audio receiver and the other to another component you need to control? Maybe I am not understanding what you are trying to do correctly.

Good luck.
Murray

Hmm, I might have to try that. The only thing is that when I get to six devices, then I'll effectively have six dual emitters with one of each dual emitter going to the audio receiver. It might look a little messy with six emitters on the audio receiver but Iam sure it will work. I was seeing if there was a way to accomplish the same with a single emitter going to my audio receiver.
post #115 of 504 Old 06-19-2007, 12:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj43 View Post

Hmm, I might have to try that. The only thing is that when I get to six devices, then I'll effectively have six dual emitters with one of each dual emitter going to the audio receiver. It might look a little messy with six emitters on the audio receiver but Iam sure it will work. I was seeing if there was a way to accomplish the same with a single emitter going to my audio receiver.

Wonder if you could use something like the Xantech CB20 ? Connect the IR out of the 1166 to the IR jack on the CB20 and then connect one out from the CB20 to the 1108 IR Router and the other to an emitter attached to your audio receiver. You would use the CB20 without the power adapter. I originally was going to try something similiar using a CB60 I had sitting around to send the signal to both the 1108 IR router and a USB-UIRT. In a few emails with Trent, he felt it should work. Attached is a snippet from one of the emails I sent to Trent.

Hope this makes a little sense.

Murray
LL
post #116 of 504 Old 06-19-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:

Wonder if you could use something like the Xantech ? Connect the IR out of the 1166 to the IR jack on the CB20 and then connect one out from the CB20 to the 1108 IR Router and the other to an emitter attached to your audio receiver. You would use the CB20 without the power adapter. I originally was going to try something similiar using a CB60 I had sitting around to send the signal to both the 1108 IR router and a USB-UIRT. In a few emails with Trent, he felt it should work. Attached is a snippet from one of the emails I sent to Trent.

Hope this makes a little sense.

Murray

I have a Xantech 789-44 connection block laying around. It looks pretty similar to the CB60. I'll have to give it a try and see if I can get any IR commands to pass thru the xantech connection block when I split the IR out. This would be neat to have a "global" zone that I could run thru the xantech connection block. I'll remember not to plug a power adapter into the xantech connection block. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try this till Friday when I get home from a business trip but I'll let you know how it goes.

thanks,
Chris
post #117 of 504 Old 06-20-2007, 09:46 AM

Does anyone have a diagram on how or what to use for IR routing and switching. I am very interested in the AVAtrix setup for a house I am building, but the IR stuff is new to me and confuses me quite a bit.

TIA
post #118 of 504 Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33Tz06 View Post

Does anyone have a diagram on how or what to use for IR routing and switching. I am very interested in the AVAtrix setup for a house I am building, but the IR stuff is new to me and confuses me quite a bit.

TIA

See page 21 of the manual.
http://www.audioauthority.com/techdo...nual752483.pdf
post #119 of 504 Old 06-20-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33Tz06 View Post

TIA

The one thing that got me on the IR routing is that when you have a IR receiver plugged directly into the "IR in" port on the 1156/1166, the commands on that input do not flow out to the "IR out" port on the back of the 1156/1166 . To get any IR commands to flow out to the "IR out" on the back of the 1156/1166, you need the IR commands to be received via a wallplate. Also, another thing that has bitten alot of people here is the system is really specific about which IR receivers will work. From what I read and tried, it seems if you stick to Xantech branded ones then it should work.
post #120 of 504 Old 06-21-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:

Trent

I have a Nuvo concerto system and I guess I'm confused as to how this would really be helpful. It appears you would have to utilize all 6 audio inputs on the Nuvo in order to use the 1172? I certainly wouldn't want to use all 6 sources on the Nuvo....

What I currently do if I want sound out of the whole house audio is I have the L/R out from the local source into the Nuvo. Works well enough, even though I can't control the local output from another room but I usually use the TV speakers in those rooms I don't have surround.

Update on the "green flashes" that I had mentioned a few months back. They seem to have disappeared altogether. I have no idea if it was the AA product, the local receivers or what, but it seems to be working fine now.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page