Psyclone PSC47 HDMI switcher question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 05-16-2007, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just picked up a 4 x 1 HDMI switcher by Psyclone - like it so far. One problem though - picked up last unit Best Buy had, which was a floor model, and consequently, they didn't have instruction manual for it. I'm having problems with 2 things: one, how to edit my input names on the LCD screen, and the other, recommended "gain" settings. Any help would be much appreciated. I see the "edit" button on the unit itself, and I've pressed it, but I don't have any idea of how to actually change the names of the inputs. And in regarrdws to the gain, does leaving it on the factory pre-set recommended, or are those of you out there who own this unit been jacking up the gain? Anyway, thanks for your time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-17-2007, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I e-mailed psyclone customer support and called them via their 800 number and left them a message 4 days ago...and have not received any replies. So, anybody out there who has one of these hdmi splitter units, any help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks again!
post #3 of 10 Old 07-10-2008, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
any help?

I also have this model and no manual for it.

there seems to be no phone number listed for the company.

help!

(I mostly just want to know how to enter string names for the 4 ports; but I'd like to have a .pdf or scan of the user guide if I can).
post #4 of 10 Old 07-11-2008, 12:36 PM

There is a link to a manual on PsycloneGamer web site. Maybe it has some useful info.

X
post #5 of 10 Old 06-20-2013, 01:04 PM

Liked: 12
I have a PSC47 instruction manual.eek.gif
I know how you feel, I lost my manual and couldn't change my front panel readings and tried for days to find a manual on line...no luck. mad.gif Then I found my original manual taped to the bottom of my PSC47 biggrin.gif so to help anyone out there that needs the manual here are the pages of my manual, just payin' it forward. smile.gif
boomer1948.

AV_Integrated and pesok like this.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-20-2013, 02:40 PM

Liked: 18
I'm sure they've been waiting patiently five years for someone to post the manual.
post #7 of 10 Old 06-21-2013, 02:10 PM

I was looking for MY manual and couldn't find it, so I came online trying to find a replacement. Even Psyclone didn't have one. I gave up looking on line, then looking at home 1 more time I did find my manual taped to the bottom of my PSC47 unit. Once I found it I thought it would be a nice thing to post it on the sites I had visited that had people needing a copy also and were not finding it anywhere else. I didn't intend to reply to someone who had been looking at AVS 5 years ago, but for anyone needing it. I noticed you are listed as a senior member of AVS and as such I think you could have provided the needed manual or at least remove outdated requests (say > 1yr.?).
Anyway, I was trying to help others, not phish for smart assed replies. I wonder why you felt the need to be negative about this. There could be someone else out there today needing this manual and your interjection is not needed or necessary. Thanks for nothing "Senior Member" rolleyes.gif Have a good day!
post #8 of 10 Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM

Actually, I've been looking for exactly this manual for the last 2 days.
Saw this exchange and joined just to say thanks for posting it.
Much appreciated Boomer48 ... cshepard... well - class it up a little, hoss.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-26-2013, 12:55 PM

You're welcome. At least I've helped 1 person with the same need as me. Tell your friends! smile.gif
post #10 of 10 Old 09-17-2013, 11:26 PM

Liked: 11
Thank you Boomer1948 for posting the manual!!! I had this unit in the closet for years and recently bought new 55LS4500 tv that only has 2 HDMI ports. Was going to order the simple manual 3-way switch on amazon for $16 but then realised that audio out on TV doesn't do surround(unless its from TV's internal tuner but not from HDMI inputs) and my aging Sony surround only has a single Optical IN. After searching the closet(have a lot of electronics in there lol) i found this unit (brand new but not in the box) and naturally nothing else (no remote/manual/power supply). In case anyone is in the same boat - i ordered this $14 universal power supply from amazon and it works great with this Psyclone(make sure to set the power supply to 7.5v and positive polarity). Missing remote control is not a problem since my old Logitech 1000 has this Psyclone in its database. Also got 3x Toslink(Digital-Optical) cables - $8 to do my elaborate setup and run all(Cable box/PS3/WD Mediaplayer/DVD player/Galaxy S4 wireless HDMI adapter) through this Psyclone. Searching for manual online gave me this link - so thanks again Boomer(thumbed you up:)).

2014 HT:
Vizio 60" Smart 1080p- e601i-A3
WD Streaming with 6TB HDD, PS3(256GB SSD), BD/DVD, Samsung S4 - all via Psyclone PSC47
Pioneer Elite SC-37 A/V R
Polk RTIA9 - F's
Polk CSIA6 - C
Polk Mon70 - S's
Polk Mon30 - FH's
HSU VTF2 - Sub
all 12G Cop wire via TB 5.1 W-less cans and Logitech Harmony1000
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page