Setting up Nuvo Grand Concerto - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-08-2007, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I just bought a Nuvo Grand Concerto + Dual AM/FM/XM radio. I am planning to connect a music server PC running CasaTunes.

I am trying to configure the system with the configurator software (2.06 that shipped with GC and 2.10) but I'm not able to connect from my laptop to the GC. I use a standard RS-232 DB9 cable (tried 2 cables, just in case). I also tried with a USB to RS-232 dongle. Every time I try to upload or downlaod the configuration, I get this message:

Error communicating with Grand Concerto - Unable to detect Grand Concerto.

Is the IR Learning Station necessary to communicate with the GC? From what I read in docs and forums, it doesn't seem to be the case. I did not buy it because I don't plan to use other non Nuvo sources for the moment that would require IR programming. CasaTunes software comes with its IR files. It requires a RS-232 connection with the GC to take control of it.

Nothing is connectedto the GC except the RS-232 cable and power. I tried with configurator software version 2.10 but it doesn't help.

By the way, how can I update the GC firmware to the latest version and where can I get the updates. Could not find it in ProZone on Nuvo web site.

Any help will be appreciated. I can't wait to have that thing play some music.

Thanks.

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-08-2007, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Sounds like a cable problem. You need a straight through male to female cable. I don't think just pins 2,3,5 are enough. Those that aren't using the Learning station cable bought DB9 extension cables which have all 9 wires.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-08-2007, 11:12 AM

Have you already loaded up CasaTools? Make sure nothing else is using the com port.

If you use the configurator software on the Nuvo pro website (2.1), it will automatically update the firmware on the GC.

You don't need the IR learning station for basic setup of the GC.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-08-2007, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Yes. That was the cable. I probably had a cross-over one. Thanks a lot. And yes, I saw the firmware update after I reinstalled 2.1.

Now I am ready to dive.

Have a nice day,

Jean
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page