Adding a single discrete zone - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-07-2001, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unfortunately, I did not forsee the future scope of my home theater addiction when I purchased my core system components a year or so ago. I have a 5.1 receiver and I now want 7.2 separates, etc. etc.. Anyway, my current obsession is with whole house audio after having wet my appetite with a simple second zone feeding from my a/v receiver's multizone out to the patio using a Niles IRP2+ repeater system. At a minimum, I now want to add a second outside zone that could either be A or B or AB together (remotely selected with independent volume control). I have extra amp channels to feed the B zone, and am trying to figure out what the different options are. It looks like the Xantech 686-10 would be perfect, but I've read that Niles/Xantech do not work well together. The Niles MRZ-6 would do the job (and more) and give expansion flexibility, but is expensive and would waste the IRP2+ I already have. Given my poor self control, I may still opt for the more extravagant solution, but was wondering if there is a simple/easy way to add an independent second zone that could be remotely controlled?
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page