4X2 True Matrix HDMI 1.3a Powered Switch w/ Remote Controller - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-12-2014, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You won't regret it, they sell a really nice piece @ the most affordable price. Trumps active switches that are triple the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I received my MonoPrice HDX-402E matrix today and just briefly tried it, works great!smile.gif
I also added it to my Logitech Harmony software and the setup was super smooth, there is a small delay when switching sources like others pointed out earlier but it`s not that much, like 2-3 seconds or so.

After having tried out three different brands of matrix switches before this one, i think i`ve finally found one that works with my gear.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good news, glad it worked out for you, I had no doubt!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:05 AM

Unfortunately, i`m getting audio lag lately when i watch blu-ray with my Oppo player. If i bypass the matrix and connect player directly to AVR, the lag disappear.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Could switching HDMI cables to other lengths/brands help solving this? Or is it more likely because i have to many devices in the signal chain (matrix, scaler & AVR)?
Old 06-06-2014, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeApples View Post

Unfortunately, i`m getting audio lag lately when i watch blu-ray with my Oppo player. If i bypass the matrix and connect player directly to AVR, the lag disappear.
Anyone else experiencing this?

The switch can't cause "audio lag" as it's handing the audio/video data stream together and passing it along - any latency caused by the switch would be in both audio and video. The issue is elsewhere. You may have switched audio formats or enabled/disabled the HDMI lip-sync feature though by moving the cables (either by removing an incompatibility of that feature, or by simply causing the devices to re-negotiate).
Quote:
Could switching HDMI cables to other lengths/brands help solving this? Or is it more likely because i have to many devices in the signal chain (matrix, scaler & AVR)?

Cables and lengths will have no effect. Devices and switching in the chain are the likely cause.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Old 06-06-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post

You may have switched audio formats or enabled/disabled the HDMI lip-sync feature though by moving the cables (either by removing an incompatibility of that feature, or by simply causing the devices to re-negotiate).

Not quite sure i understand what you mean by this?

It's possible i have disabled the lip-sync feature. I suppose the on/off setting for lip-sync is in the AVR?
Will check my settings.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeApples View Post

Not quite sure i understand what you mean by this?

It's possible i have disabled the lip-sync feature. I suppose the on/off setting for lip-sync is in the AVR?
Will check my settings.

Meaning that when you switch in other displays / devices, one of them may report a different lip-sync value, or may be confusing the issue by saying "not supported" or the like... So it may not be that you changed a setting - it may be that the nature of the "common denominator" problem is rearing its head. Power cycle everything, connect just to your primary display / AVR and see if the problem goes away. Then you'll be able to see what causes the situation as you change inputs/outputs.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Old 09-01-2014, 05:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Oh boy, took me some fiddling before I got her running.

I have a projector, secondary monitor, processor, and universal decoding player not HDMI linked to the processor except for analog 7.1 inputs.

A-projector
B-monitor
1-processor
2-player

I want the secondary monitor to display track info for audio only media and DVD-Audio, along with HD-FM and the processor's internet radio.

Before I discovered the rule of the opposites I wasted 3 hours. I suspect this was mentioned already but when I program my Harmony 659 for an activity say using A1, it is mandatory that the switch also receives the B2, ie opposite input and output.

Harmony additional commands, say after the Monoprice got set to A1:

Monoprice Delay = 500ms
Monoprice Input = B2

On the Monoprice set at A1/B2 this means B gets no input as source 2 is off.

Without the additional OPPOSITE command, chances are both display will be active if B1 is left on from prior activity.

The Harmony software on a Win 8 laptop is a breeze BTW, touch touch and you are flying through the setup.

I wish they made a better RTFM for this gadget.

Very happy customer now, works like a charm. Do I need Namenda/Exelon?

Last edited by bobpaule; 09-01-2014 at 05:17 AM.