HDMI/Bravia SYNC questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-09-2008, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My father got a DAV-HDX500 Sony HTIB to go with his KDL-52XBR4 Sony TV. They both support BRAVIA Sync, so he was wanting to control them via the HDMI control.

The HTIB only has a single HDMI out, which is used only for HDMI control and DVD video output.

He has 2 other HDMI devices, his digital cable box and a PS3.

The audio is output from the TV to the HTIB by an optical cable and by standard RCA cables. (the TV doesn't output through the optical cable when it is getting a analog signal, i.e. my VCR). These are considered two different inputs by the receiver.

Now, when I choose the cable box as the TV's input, it correctly sets the HTIB receiver to the digital input. However, when I change it to the PS3's HDMI input, it changes the receiver to the RCA input. If I try to change the input while HDMI control is on the TV (albeit correctly) switches to its internal speakers. However, if HDMI control is turned off, I can manually change it to the correct input for the PS3's sound.

The HDMI control was a big selling point of the TV. Is there any known way to override the switch to optical input when dealing with HDMI control?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 PM
jcm
Advanced Member

Bravia Synch was really built for simpler systems than yours, its not very configurable. Sony does say that "each HDMI-connected device must have BRAVIA® Theater Sync and be setup to communicate through the HDMI connection." For more info, your best bet is to contact Sony support or peruse the offerings on the Sony eSupport page.

jcmitch

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...mdl=KDL52XBR4#
post #3 of 3 Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 PM
jcm
Advanced Member

I'm pretty sure you also have a TV setup problem. The TV speakers should never turn on in your system. You should have the Speakers option in the TVs Audio Options menu set to "Audio System".

jcmitch
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page