Official RadianceXD support thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 1408 Old 06-02-2010, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
VirusKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Woburn Sands, UK
Posts: 630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryWaz View Post

Am I right in assuming that we are still waiting for the release Jim referred to above on May 12?

Correct. There's been a lot of work by Lumagen in conjunction with a number of European beta testers to get this release right - it's taken longer than planned, but it looks like we're close.

"Worth waiting for"
VirusKiller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 1408 Old 06-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Senior Member
 
alex_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: France
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hello.

The last beta version for PAL deinterlacing works very well, a big improvement has been done. I think that official release should be available soon.

I'm french .... sorry for my english
alex_t is offline  
post #543 of 1408 Old 06-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Member
 
Htnut2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjsmith View Post


Now with CalMAN v4 we also have control over the calibration interface within the Radiance over RS-232. It just a matter of moving things within a chart to where you want them. So to calibrate gamma/grayscale on the gamma point chart you just grab one of the bars from our bar chart and move it, we do all the rest. The same goes for the gamut chart just grab one of the points and move it. Like for example if green is over saturated as it is now in many displays all you need to do on the interactive gamut chart is grab green and drag it down to Rec709 spec within the chart and there you are you just calibrated green saturation and hue, the same goes for luminance as well.

To fully calibrate a Radiance should take no more than 15 minutes with our interactive charts.

And for the record this new feature within CalMAN v4 has been copyrighted and has other intellectual property protections.

Hi Derek

This is a great feature but as I have posted on the Spectracal forums it currently (V4 RC1) works for gamut but not for greyscale using the Lumagen internal patterns
Htnut2000 is offline  
post #544 of 1408 Old 06-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Member
 
aoshiken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Spain
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htnut2000 View Post

Hi Derek

This is a great feature but as I have posted on the Spectracal forums it currently (V4 RC1) works for gamut but not for greyscale using the Lumagen internal patterns

Has you tried the recent v4 RC2?
aoshiken is offline  
post #545 of 1408 Old 06-11-2010, 01:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Doug Blackburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco - East Bay area
Posts: 3,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 227
This question is about the mechanics of how Gamma Factor works... I know what it is, just wondering how it works in 2 specific situations. I don't own a Radiance so I can't test this until I get back to the customer site.

Question 1:
Let's say I setup Output Config 1 and Config 2 with the same settings in the 11 point grayscale calibration menu. But when I manually enter the numbers in the 11 point settings for each Config, I have Config 1 set to Gamma Factor 1.0 and Config set to Gamma Factor 0.90. If Config 1 measures 2.2 gamma, will Config 2 also measure 2.2? (because the Gamma Factor was set to 0.90 before entering the settings in the 11 point grayscale cal menu)

Question 2:
If you enter all the values for the 11-step grayscale adjustment while Gamma Factor is set to 1.0, then change Gamma Factor to 0.90, will the numbers in the 11-step grayscale admustment/cal menu change? Or do the displayed numbers stay the same even though changing Gamma Factor changes the gamma curve?

"Movies is magic..." Van Dyke Parks
THX Certified Professional Video Calibration
ISF -- HAA -- www.dBtheatrical.com
Widescreen Review -- Home Theater & Sound
Doug Blackburn is offline  
post #546 of 1408 Old 06-11-2010, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Dave G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think the gamma factor is applied before the parametric adjustments. (Edit: d'oh, wrong. See Jim's post below.) All things being equal, two configs with a similar set of parametric adjustments but different gamma factor should not yield the same gamma.



Also, the gamma factor does NOT change the parametric adjustment numbers.
Dave G is offline  
post #547 of 1408 Old 06-12-2010, 06:59 AM
jrp
AVS Special Member
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Doug:

Here is some additional info on the Gamma factor. The video pipeline order is:

Scaler -> Color/Hue/Offsets -> Convert to RGB -> 21-point Gamma/Grayscale palette -> Convert to 12+ bit linear gamma -> CMS -> Gamma Factor -> Convert back to non-linear Gamma -> Convert to output color-space -> Output

So, the 11-point and the Gamma factor are independent. The values for 11-point do not change when you change Gamma Factor. Of course the Gamma changes in this case.

If you want to have two different gammas for a display you can set the 21-point Gamma/Grayscale to eliminate peaks and valleys in the Gamma and Grayscale curves, copy your output config to an new output config and new output config Gamma Factor to get a new Gamma.

Note that since below below black and above white are included in the gamma factor Curve you will need to tweak the black and white levels a bit if you change the amma Factor. You may also need to tweak your 11-point gray/gamma a bit to compensate for the levels shifting due to the change in the Gamma Factor if your display had significant peaks and valleys in the curves to compensate for using the 11-point Grayscale/Gamma.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
jrp is offline  
post #548 of 1408 Old 06-13-2010, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Doug Blackburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco - East Bay area
Posts: 3,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Thanks Jim, that's some good info.

This particular customer has a rear-projection setup that they watch throughout the day with varying amounts of light from the adjoining kitchen/dining area. So we setup MemA with a gamma appropriate for movies in a dark room... MemB-MemD get progressively brighter by assigning Output Configs with lower (numerical) gamma factors. The projector they are using can't be made any brighter than the dark room setting without the red channel clipping so I used Gamma Factor to get the brightness needed when they have the curtains open to enjoy the mountain views.

In this particular situation, the below black/above white issue won't matter enough to worry about (in fact, it might even help!) - but when establishing multiple gammas for dark room viewing, I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Thanks again.

"Movies is magic..." Van Dyke Parks
THX Certified Professional Video Calibration
ISF -- HAA -- www.dBtheatrical.com
Widescreen Review -- Home Theater & Sound
Doug Blackburn is offline  
post #549 of 1408 Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Senior Member
 
StooMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusKiller View Post

There's been a lot of work by Lumagen in conjunction with a number of European beta testers to get this release right - it's taken longer than planned, but it looks like we're close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_t View Post

The last beta version for PAL deinterlacing works very well, a big improvement has been done. I think that official release should be available soon.

Really looking forward to seeing this, in particular in conjunction with the "reinterlace" feature.

StooMonster
StooMonster is offline  
post #550 of 1408 Old 06-21-2010, 11:58 AM
jrp
AVS Special Member
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Craig Rounds posted elsewhere on AVS, but I thought I would post here on the potential HDMI 1.4 3D software upgrade for the Radiance line.

We cannot commit to it until it is done (we need to make sure there are no issues in the HDMI chips we use), but we hope to have a 3D software upgrade release in about a month.

This would be a $199 option and would be user upgradable with a serial-number specific key. It would be available from your dealer or Lumagen.

Since we have a FPGA we would support all the required 3D modes for HDMI 1.4 3D. Also, as Craig talks about in his post we are considering some CRT specific features such as 120Hertz output (at a lower resolution than 1920x1080p due to clock rate limits) and using a trigger output as left/right eye driver (XD or XE only since XS does not have trigger outputs). The CRT features are only going to happen given enough demand.

Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
jrp is offline  
post #551 of 1408 Old 06-21-2010, 12:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 17,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
How about an update which allows one to move subtitles up so they are completely above the bottom of the 2:35 or 2:40 frame for those of us using anamorphic lens and 2:35 to 2:40 screens.

Oppo has done this in their blu ray players menu.

I recently switched from the Oppo to the Marantz UD9004 (it is sensational audiowise when used with a excellent analog multi-channel preamp like my Theta CB3's Six Shooter) but the Marantz doesn't have this feature.

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #552 of 1408 Old 06-21-2010, 03:22 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Mike_WI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 2,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post

Craig Rounds posted elsewhere on AVS, but I thought I would post here on the potential HDMI 1.4 3D software upgrade for the Radiance line.

We cannot commit to it until it is done (we need to make sure there are no issues in the HDMI chips we use), but we hope to have a 3D software upgrade release in about a month.

This would be a $199 option and would be user upgradable with a serial-number specific key. It would be available from your dealer or Lumagen.

Since we have a FPGA we would support all the required 3D modes for HDMI 1.4 3D. Also, as Craig talks about in his post we are considering some CRT specific features such as 120Hertz output (at a lower resolution than 1920x1080p due to clock rate limits) and using a trigger output as left/right eye driver (XD or XE only since XS does not have trigger outputs). The CRT features are only going to happen given enough demand.

Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

Link (Craig Rounds thread)
(for the lazy)
Mike_WI is offline  
post #553 of 1408 Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Doug Blackburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco - East Bay area
Posts: 3,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 227
On a different topic...

When a Radiance HDMI output is connected to an AVR or Surround Processor Input to pass the sound to the AVR/processor (video sources all connected to the Radiance)... everything works fine, except you can't see the menus of the AVR/Processor on the video display. So you connect an output from the AVR/processor to an HDMI input on the Radiance and then you can either switch inputs to see the AVR/Procesor menus or setup a PIP window to see the AVR/processor menus.

But there's something odd that happens when you do that... you get a loop that causes reflections (can't say this happens EVERY time, but I have seen it) and you get multiple images of the AVR/processor menu stacked behind the primary image (sort of like drop shadows fading out to infinity)... the PIP text (Like "PiP:AVR 16:9") does the same thing and each "reflection" is smaller and darker than the previous one. This is much like looking at yourself in a mirror with another mirror behind you... infinite images. Unplug the cable connecting the output of the Radiance to the input of the AVR/processor and the "reflections" stop so it's definitely a feedback loop of some kind. You can get some really psychedelic effects if the AVR/processor has no input signal.

Is there anyway to "break" this feedback loop and still be able to have the Radiance output connected to an AVR/processor input and an AVR/Processor output connected to a Radiance input?

It's not that this connection doesn't work, it just looks odd.

"Movies is magic..." Van Dyke Parks
THX Certified Professional Video Calibration
ISF -- HAA -- www.dBtheatrical.com
Widescreen Review -- Home Theater & Sound
Doug Blackburn is offline  
post #554 of 1408 Old 06-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Senior Member
 
patrick harkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Doug, yes you can prevent that. On the Radiance output going to the AVR you set up it's output to be "Video Off" (this is in the menu under Output: OutputN: Global Setup) so only the audio will go to the AVR with a black screen.

Patrick Harkin, Lumagen Inc. engineer
patrick harkin is offline  
post #555 of 1408 Old 06-22-2010, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Doug Blackburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco - East Bay area
Posts: 3,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Thanks - that worked. I knew there had to be a setting somewhere - I hadn't been to the Output 2 settings... it had defaulted to "copy of Output 1". Thanks!

"Movies is magic..." Van Dyke Parks
THX Certified Professional Video Calibration
ISF -- HAA -- www.dBtheatrical.com
Widescreen Review -- Home Theater & Sound
Doug Blackburn is offline  
post #556 of 1408 Old 07-12-2010, 04:47 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Greg_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Portland, OR USA
Posts: 3,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is it possible for the XD to output 480i? I would like to downconvert all my sources for whole-house distribution (and not have to buy an additional $200 box to do the conversion).
Greg_R is offline  
post #557 of 1408 Old 07-12-2010, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Joelc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,067
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post

Is it possible for the XD to output 480i? I would like to downconvert all my sources for whole-house distribution (and not have to buy an additional $200 box to do the conversion).

No, according to the data sheet the lowest resolution is 480p...the data sheet is at http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php...anceXE_details

Joel
Some people choose to have a pool, I choose to have a home theater!
Joelc is offline  
post #558 of 1408 Old 07-15-2010, 11:31 AM
jrp
AVS Special Member
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post

Is it possible for the XD to output 480i? I would like to downconvert all my sources for whole-house distribution (and not have to buy an additional $200 box to do the conversion).

As Joel points out, we do not support 480i output, and we do not have plans to do so.

So, it looks like a conversion box is the best way for you to go.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
jrp is offline  
post #559 of 1408 Old 07-22-2010, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Dave G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Firmware Update 070310 - direct download links:

XD
XE
XS

This firmware adds a Prep-like feature to the Radiance. See below for details.

Production 070310-

Adds reinterlacing for 480p and 576p sources. This can provide dramatic improvements to a picture that has been poorly deinterlaced prior to coming into the Radiance. Reinterlacing also allows for taking in 480p/576p movies and going out at 24/48/72Hz. The new command is under Input:Video Setup:RES:Control:Reinterlace. With this command you can "allow" or "disallow" quick remote key control for a particular resolution as well as turn it on/off. If "Reinterlace <> Keys" are allowed the left/right arrow buttons on the remote can then be used to control reinterlacing. The left arrow can toggle reinterlacing on/off and the right arrow toggles the field order. Depending on how the picture was deinterlaced, the field order may or may not be important but it can be quickly toggled to see if there is any difference. Discrete commands are available for reinterlacing control as well and they are "menu 0940"=off, "menu 0941"=on, "menu 0942" = toggle field order. A new rs232 command was added to arm the right/left arrow keys for reinterlace control, it is "ZY523X" where X='0' disallows, X='1' allows, X='2' allows with onscreen messages. The discrete reinterlace commands also work as rs232 commands ("M0940","M0941","M0942"). An rs232 command was added for reinterlacing status, "ZQI17", which returns "!I17X,Y,Z" where X = 1/0 (on/off) , Y = 1/0 (allow/disallow) for <> keys, Z= 1/0 (active / not active) to indicate whether reinterlacing is taking place.

Improved PAL deinterlacing and now allows "film only" deinterlacing mode to use settings under "Enhance" menu for 50Hz sources.

Added direct command to set output sync polarity, "menu 01XY". X=0/1 (-/+ Horiz polarity), Y=0/1 (-/+ Vert polarity). Both outputs set together. Use menu to set them different from one another.

Upped maximum output pixel clock settable to 156 Mhz (useful for CRT displays). (Note: XD+ already has a higher settable pixel clock)

Bugfixes: Bugfix for film mode sometimes not getting set when changing memories. Bugfix of 1080i-50 component zoom settings causing incorrect cropping on left side. Loss of input video under rare circumstances fixed. Loss of output video (depending on configuration) on output 2 fixed. Fix for inability to alter rate match settings on inactive config. Input changes to non-hdcp sources were sped up. Copying ouput aspect from one output config to another fixed. Copying black/white in output config fixed.
Dave G is offline  
post #560 of 1408 Old 07-26-2010, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
funlvr1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MADISON wisconsin
Posts: 1,917
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave G View Post

Firmware Update 070310 - direct download links:

XD
XE
XS

This firmware adds a Prep-like feature to the Radiance. See below for details.

Production 070310-

Adds reinterlacing for 480p and 576p sources. This can provide dramatic improvements to a picture that has been poorly deinterlaced prior to coming into the Radiance. Reinterlacing also allows for taking in 480p/576p movies and going out at 24/48/72Hz. The new command is under Input:Video Setup:RES:Control:Reinterlace. With this command you can "allow" or "disallow" quick remote key control for a particular resolution as well as turn it on/off. If "Reinterlace <> Keys" are allowed the left/right arrow buttons on the remote can then be used to control reinterlacing. The left arrow can toggle reinterlacing on/off and the right arrow toggles the field order. Depending on how the picture was deinterlaced, the field order may or may not be important but it can be quickly toggled to see if there is any difference. Discrete commands are available for reinterlacing control as well and they are "menu 0940"=off, "menu 0941"=on, "menu 0942" = toggle field order. A new rs232 command was added to arm the right/left arrow keys for reinterlace control, it is "ZY523X" where X='0' disallows, X='1' allows, X='2' allows with onscreen messages. The discrete reinterlace commands also work as rs232 commands ("M0940","M0941","M0942"). An rs232 command was added for reinterlacing status, "ZQI17", which returns "!I17X,Y,Z" where X = 1/0 (on/off) , Y = 1/0 (allow/disallow) for <> keys, Z= 1/0 (active / not active) to indicate whether reinterlacing is taking place.

Improved PAL deinterlacing and now allows "film only" deinterlacing mode to use settings under "Enhance" menu for 50Hz sources.

Added direct command to set output sync polarity, "menu 01XY". X=0/1 (-/+ Horiz polarity), Y=0/1 (-/+ Vert polarity). Both outputs set together. Use menu to set them different from one another.

Upped maximum output pixel clock settable to 156 Mhz (useful for CRT displays). (Note: XD+ already has a higher settable pixel clock)

Bugfixes: Bugfix for film mode sometimes not getting set when changing memories. Bugfix of 1080i-50 component zoom settings causing incorrect cropping on left side. Loss of input video under rare circumstances fixed. Loss of output video (depending on configuration) on output 2 fixed. Fix for inability to alter rate match settings on inactive config. Input changes to non-hdcp sources were sped up. Copying ouput aspect from one output config to another fixed. Copying black/white in output config fixed.


Ok so when are you coming over to show me how all this works?
funlvr1965 is offline  
post #561 of 1408 Old 07-26-2010, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Dave G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dude... so busy... haven't even uploaded it in my unit
Dave G is offline  
post #562 of 1408 Old 07-26-2010, 12:38 PM
amt
Senior Member
 
amt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 454
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I recently rented the blu-ray, "Ink", which appears to be a low budget move (probably the worst looking blu-ray I have seen). What was really odd about this movie, and why I bring it up here was that the refresh rate appeared to be "39.77" when I brought up the info screen for the radiance! I am using a Oppo blu-ray player in source direct. Anyone else watch this movie and see something similar? I have never seen such an odd refresh rate for a blu-ray disc! Maybe something was wrong with the way they mastered this, or perhaps this is one of the many botched "rental only" discs that are becoming common.
amt is offline  
post #563 of 1408 Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 AM
Senior Member
 
StooMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With the correct field order manually selected for the reinterlace feature, the Lumagen Radiance now produces the best broadcast SD picture I have seen in the UK where set-top-boxes only output 576p rather than 576i.

The PAL deinterlacing is excellent and rarely trips up, and key to seeing this is this new ability to take 480p/576p and turn it into 480i/576i before the Radiance processes it; although of course we've seen it do good things on optical disc players (with Source Direct features).

Once the Radiance has a 480i/576i signal it really does a fantastic job of upscaling without ringing, plus cleaning up the picture without destroying detail.

Congratulations on great feature guys.

StooMonster
StooMonster is offline  
post #564 of 1408 Old 07-30-2010, 05:14 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Mike_WI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 2,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Firmware Update 071810:

XD
XE/XE+
XS/XS+ (this 071810 updated not included)


Production 071810-
Improved Pop (picture-outside of picture) function for maximally filling screen when Pop is performed and the aspects had necessitated sidebars---for instance, if you're watching a 16:9 source on a 2.35 screen and you "pop" up another 16:9 source (if Pop set to size of 50) the sidebars will be removed to use up the entire 2.35 raster.

Prior to this update the two 16:9 sources would have just filled the area originally occupied by the first 16:9 source, leaving sidebars onscreen.
Mike_WI is offline  
post #565 of 1408 Old 07-30-2010, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
D_B_0673's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 1,632
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post

Craig Rounds posted elsewhere on AVS, but I thought I would post here on the potential HDMI 1.4 3D software upgrade for the Radiance line.

We cannot commit to it until it is done (we need to make sure there are no issues in the HDMI chips we use), but we hope to have a 3D software upgrade release in about a month.

This would be a $199 option and would be user upgradable with a serial-number specific key. It would be available from your dealer or Lumagen.

Since we have a FPGA we would support all the required 3D modes for HDMI 1.4 3D. Also, as Craig talks about in his post we are considering some CRT specific features such as 120Hertz output (at a lower resolution than 1920x1080p due to clock rate limits) and using a trigger output as left/right eye driver (XD or XE only since XS does not have trigger outputs). The CRT features are only going to happen given enough demand.

Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

I might be missing something, but are you saying the update to HDMI 1.4 would work for a Radiance XD that still has the HDMI1.1 or is it only for the XD's that did the HDMI 1.3 upgrade

thanks

Dan
D_B_0673 is offline  
post #566 of 1408 Old 07-31-2010, 12:25 AM
jrp
AVS Special Member
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_0673 View Post

I might be missing something, but are you saying the update to HDMI 1.4 would work for a Radiance XD that still has the HDMI1.1 or is it only for the XD's that did the HDMI 1.3 upgrade

All the RadianceXD can choose to have the HDMI 1.4 3D option, so they could then be called HDMI 1.4. However, it will still not support DD TrueHD or DTS Master Audio of course. You need the XE or XS for these audio formats.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
jrp is offline  
post #567 of 1408 Old 07-31-2010, 04:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
D_B_0673's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 1,632
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post

All the RadianceXD can choose to have the HDMI 1.4 3D option, so they could then be called HDMI 1.4. However, it will still not support DD TrueHD or DTS Master Audio of course. You need the XE or XS for these audio formats.

thanks

Dan
D_B_0673 is offline  
post #568 of 1408 Old 07-31-2010, 08:26 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Mike_WI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 2,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wow, two more updates since the FW 071810 update:

Production 072110-
A bugfix specific to the Radiance XE or XS where some input changes could cause a loss of video on the input (so you would end up able to see the Radiance menu but not the source).
Bug was seen with a Parasound HDMI switcher in front of an XS/XE but there may be other sources that also cause this to happen.



Production 072010-
A couple bugfixes to genlock when appropriate and to avoid stuttering which occurred under some circumstances with non 60Hz output modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post

Firmware Update 071810:

XD
XE/XE+
XS/XS+ (this 071810 updated not included)


Production 071810-
Improved Pop (picture-outside of picture) function for maximally filling screen when Pop is performed and the aspects had necessitated sidebars---for instance, if you're watching a 16:9 source on a 2.35 screen and you "pop" up another 16:9 source (if Pop set to size of 50) the sidebars will be removed to use up the entire 2.35 raster.

Prior to this update the two 16:9 sources would have just filled the area originally occupied by the first 16:9 source, leaving sidebars onscreen.

Mike_WI is offline  
post #569 of 1408 Old 08-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
VirusKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Woburn Sands, UK
Posts: 630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave G View Post

now allows "film only" deinterlacing mode to use settings under "Enhance" menu for 50Hz sources.

Just in case anyone missed this! Not sure when or if this is coming for 60Hz sources, but a real boon for 50Hz users where detection of 2:2 film cadence is much less reliable than 3:2 and so really needs to be done in the Radiance rather than the player.

"Worth waiting for"
VirusKiller is offline  
post #570 of 1408 Old 08-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Member
 
euphonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello VirusKiller,
how do you set up the film only feature, or is it automatic for 50HZ sources, I forgot all about this and have only been trying the reinterlace option out.


Regards..........alan
euphonium is offline  
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off