Looking for AV Receiver that up/down Converts - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-27-2009, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I'm new to AVSForum and not sure if this is the right area to post my question. I recently splurged and bought a Yamaha HTR-6090. As I stood in the store and inspected the manual, I found what I thought was the feature I was looking for. It clearly showed conversions from component, S-Video, and composite to any of the outputs; even to HDMI. However, after owning it for six months and finally assembling a few other components in my system, namely an HD Tuner with component output, I've discovered the Yamaha receiver only cross converts equivalent formats. It doesn't downconvert 1080i to 480i.

So my question is, what should I have bought, or what can I buy now that will up convert and down convert?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-29-2009, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynnSmith View Post

Hi, I'm new to AVSForum and not sure if this is the right area to post my question. I recently splurged and bought a Yamaha HTR-6090. As I stood in the store and inspected the manual, I found what I thought was the feature I was looking for. It clearly showed conversions from component, S-Video, and composite to any of the outputs; even to HDMI. However, after owning it for six months and finally assembling a few other components in my system, namely an HD Tuner with component output, I've discovered the Yamaha receiver only cross converts equivalent formats. It doesn't downconvert 1080i to 480i.

So my question is, what should I have bought, or what can I buy now that will up convert and down convert?

Onkyo NR-906
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page