New DVDO iScan Duo [2.0 firmware released] - Page 101 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3001 of 3835 Old 02-06-2012, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Not sure if this have been mentioned in this thread before, but if you change the display on either of the 2 video outputs. The saved profile seems to reset back to the default. At least that what occurs on my unit. Luckily for me, I always back up my profiles and put all of the values down in a separate spread sheet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 3835 Old 02-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Would anyone have a set of RS232 codes for the Iscan Duo. I am looking for:

HDMI Audio.
HDMI Video
Letterbox
Night
Day

I have followed the DVDO Iscan Duo Serial Automation Protocol, but could just do with checking my work.

Here is an example.

Night:

STX 30 05 C4 NUL 1 NUL 0 converted to \\02\\33\\30\\30\\35\\43\\34\\00\\31\\00\\03

Thanks
post #3003 of 3835 Old 02-08-2012, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I presume you just missed it out on your post, but you are putting "ETX" at the end, right?
post #3004 of 3835 Old 02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Hi mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf_uk View Post

I presume you just missed it out on your post, but you are putting "ETX" at the end, right?

x03 at the end is EXT

\\x02\\x33\\x30\\x30\\x35\\x43\\x38\\x00\\x30\\x00\\x03

STX 30 05 C8 NULL 0 NULL EXT - mosquito noise reduction - off

this one works:

\\x02\\x33\\x30\\x30\\x35\\x34\\x43\\x00\\x38\\x00\\x03 - hdmi 2

x03 at the end is EXT

9. ASCII to Hex Conversion Table
ASCII HEX
0 $30
1 $31
2 $32
3 $33
4 $34
5 $35
6 $36
7 $37
8 $38
9 $39
A $41
B $42
C $43
D $44
E $45
F $46
- $2D
+ $2B
. $2E
STX $02
ETX $03
NULL $00
SPACE $20

I really can not get my head round this. I have got some codes that work, and can change the values to suit over codes which again work, but others won't.
post #3005 of 3835 Old 02-08-2012, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
I've had the following three issues occur on my AVS-sourced Duo in the past few weeks and wonder if they're glitches or something I should contact DVDO about:

1) Once I came home to find the unit in a loop with the front LED cycling blue, green, blue, green, etc. I had to hard power cycle it and it was fine.

2) I was watching HD and saw small horizontal black lines on edges like you used to see on some programs sent via analog satellite when the receiver was bandwidth-limited. This time, a soft power cycle fixed it.

3) If my Oppo BDP-95 is turned on when the Duo is set to any other input, the video will be a solid green screen when I switch to the Oppo's input unless the Oppo does something to change resolution (listen for the relay clicks from the Oppo.) I assume this one is an HDCP issue as the fix here is to hit "stop" on the Oppo, but I thought HDCP would resume every few seconds?
post #3006 of 3835 Old 02-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post

I've had the following three issues occur on my AVS-sourced Duo in the past few weeks and wonder if they're glitches or something I should contact DVDO about:

1) Once I came home to find the unit in a loop with the front LED cycling blue, green, blue, green, etc. I had to hard power cycle it and it was fine.

2) I was watching HD and saw small horizontal black lines on edges like you used to see on some programs sent via analog satellite when the receiver was bandwidth-limited. This time, a soft power cycle fixed it.

3) If my Oppo BDP-95 is turned on when the Duo is set to any other input, the video will be a solid green screen when I switch to the Oppo's input unless the Oppo does something to change resolution (listen for the relay clicks from the Oppo.) I assume this one is an HDCP issue as the fix here is to hit "stop" on the Oppo, but I thought HDCP would resume every few seconds?

I would like to know how you contact DVDO? I have emailed them at least 3 times now and they never get back.

Any ideas?

I am UK based
post #3007 of 3835 Old 02-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj1 View Post

I would like to know how you contact DVDO? I have emailed them at least 3 times now and they never get back.

Any ideas?

I am UK based

Same here. I have also called. Goes to voice mail and no returned calls. Seems these products are sold with absolutely no support.
post #3008 of 3835 Old 02-10-2012, 08:35 AM
cwt
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Never had No1 with mine kucharsk usually just blinks blue while it reads the display edid then locks on with a solid blue .green means an unsupported signal in the manual ? No idea on No2 ;is edge enhancement ;mosquito nr off ?

No 3 sounds like you may have the other input with a higher priority ? I am getting in the habit of switching off sources with conflicting edids before a new source is switched on ;different from my old 4x2 matrix switch but a necessity probably

Code:
 Input Priority
Input Priority selects which input to use when multiple inputs are active at the same time and
Input Select is set to Auto. The selection is based on priority.
post #3009 of 3835 Old 02-11-2012, 10:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post

Same here. I have also called. Goes to voice mail and no returned calls. Seems these products are sold with absolutely no support.

I've contacted them without no reply also.

Frank

post #3010 of 3835 Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

My oppo 93 does the same but always resyncs and then things are normal. SJ
post #3011 of 3835 Old 02-13-2012, 06:42 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I've contacted them without no reply also.

Try this

Ken.Nguyen@siliconimage.com

Ken Nguyen Support Engineer
Silicon Image, Inc. 1140 East Arques Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085 USA
Tel: +1 408-616-4147 Fax: +1 408-616-6398
post #3012 of 3835 Old 02-13-2012, 08:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger41 View Post

Try this

Ken.Nguyen@siliconimage.com

Ken Nguyen Support Engineer
Silicon Image, Inc. 1140 East Arques Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085 USA
Tel: +1 408-616-4147 Fax: +1 408-616-6398

Thankyou for that.

Frank

post #3013 of 3835 Old 02-13-2012, 08:45 AM

Liked: 13
I called last week to ask a few questions about a Duo before ordering one, and when I hit "2" or whatever for tech support, Ken answered the phone. Very nice guy.
post #3014 of 3835 Old 02-13-2012, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt View Post

No 3 sounds like you may have the other input with a higher priority ?

No - I usually keep watching whatever I'm watching until the BD player is fully booted up, but I've found with the Oppo I have to have the Oppo's input selected when it hits the menu screen or it will never sync with the display, instead displaying the "green screen."
post #3015 of 3835 Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

I noticed my iScan Duo is REALLY sensitive to timing, as if sources need a TBC to be safe.

For example, when viewing a LaserDisc, if I hit pause or put up text, when viewed through my iScan Duo the picture becomes "shaky" - wobbling from side to side horizontally. If I view the picture on one of the TV's native inputs, I see no such effect.

I suspect this is because the LD's timing is "good enough" for TVs but not for a processor, but it was still surprising to see.

Note the iScan Duo delivers a rock-solid picture when the LD is actually playing.
post #3016 of 3835 Old 02-14-2012, 12:29 AM
cwt
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No - I usually keep watching whatever I'm watching until the BD player is fully booted up, but I've found with the Oppo I have to have the Oppo's input selected when it hits the menu screen or it will never sync with the display, instead displaying the "green screen."

Ive had the green screen with my 95 as well kucharsk ;does it also happen when the oppo is set as No1 priority ? Its most likely that the duo is still reading your other sources edid so cant lock on to the oppo's until the other source is switched off . Thats my reading of the priority system I surmise ;could be wrong

One thing I have noticed as my secondary lcd isnt 1080p is to turn off the secondary av output otherwise it can mean a factory reset if it locks up
post #3017 of 3835 Old 02-14-2012, 03:16 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't use priorities on my Duo.
post #3018 of 3835 Old 02-14-2012, 09:39 PM
cwt
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't use priorities on my Duo.

Thats the workaround ; using priorities . The other sources edid is still locked on until its switched off ;hence the oppo green screen ..

Its a given that the order of start up with hdmi comms can have an effect on handshaking between components . For example I always boot up my pvrs before the display to make sure the hdmi repeater function can communicate properly ; gotta love hdmi

Another factor is the res your sending from the oppo ; is it source direct and do you have 24p set or is it auto and your sending 1080p/60 say ? Negotiations for dif rez can take a while . I just send source direct and set the duo to frame rate in = frame rate out for that input
post #3019 of 3835 Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Back a while ago, did an auto calibrate with my iScan Duo and Calman - the people ended up with fluorescent slotches - someone gave me a setting fix for the iScan Duo: I forgot which one it was, and also can't find the answer anywhere in my e-mails - anyone else run into this problem, and how did you fix it, because I just did another Auto-Cal with the same results.?
post #3020 of 3835 Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Back a while ago, did an auto calibrate with my iScan Duo and Calman - the people ended up with fluorescent slotches - someone gave me a setting fix for the iScan Duo: I forgot which one it was, and also can't find the answer anywhere in my e-mails - anyone else run into this problem, and how did you fix it, because I just did another Auto-Cal with the same results.?

That happen to me the last time I ran an auto calibration (for CMS). My fix so far has not been to use it as post greyscale the colors on my JVC RS55 were almost dead on. Greyscale autocal works great. Let me know if you find out anything. SJ
post #3021 of 3835 Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

what are your Y values for each step? i seem to recall running into this, and if my memory serves me correctly, my Y values were off the reservation! im having a hard time remembering what the reason was too......
post #3022 of 3835 Old 02-16-2012, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 157
My CMS values are dead on with Zero values after calibrating the White Balance Cool, Medium and Warm, then followed by the IREs. The RGB were almost dead on on the 100 line as well. As soon as I did the Greyscale Auto-Cal, all the final values were above the 100 line, and the people turned splotchy. Had to reset the iScan Duo to clear out the remnants. Turning ON the CMS Bypass didn't help! Leaving Auto-Cal out of the picture for now. I do a better job, and the people look Natural!
post #3023 of 3835 Old 02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Hi all am new to video processors and have decided to get either the duo or the edge green, the green has all the inputs and outputs I need my question is, is there a quality hit when going with the green or is it the same as the duo minus some inputs. I do have a 3d tv and bluray player so 3d does matter to me.

James Reid:D
post #3024 of 3835 Old 02-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post

Hi all am new to video processors and have decided to get either the duo or the edge green, the green has all the inputs and outputs I need my question is, is there a quality hit when going with the green or is it the same as the duo minus some inputs. I do have a 3d tv and bluray player so 3d does matter to me.

The Edge Green doesn''t allow you to do any image calibration. The Duo has a fully functioning CMS which allows 10 point greyscale, primary and secondary color adjustments. It also allows gamma correction.

If your TV has comprehensive and working controls, you'll be fine with the Edge Green. If not and you want to correct it, you'll need the Duo.
post #3025 of 3835 Old 02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Thank you for the reply I have a LG55LW5700 which has the 21 point ire so looks like the green will be enough, I had heard they had the same processors inside but when looking at the site the duo seemed to be able to output 72hz and the green up to 48hz. I like the picture on my tv but the tru motion is very weak and there is alot of ghosting and judder when it is on, so I am hoping the edge green will prevent that. This may get me ripped for saying this but for some content I love the SOE, I know terrible right lol.

James Reid:D
post #3026 of 3835 Old 02-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 42
I don't think the 21pt IRE scale is a CMS. That is probably gray scale only, which is an important tool, but is not a CMS.
post #3027 of 3835 Old 03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

It looks like my Duo has died, has anyone else had one go down?
post #3028 of 3835 Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

It looks like my Duo has died, has anyone else had one go down?

Not yet how long have you had yours for?

Frank

post #3029 of 3835 Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Not yet how long have you had yours for?

Just 2 years.

Gutted, as I do not use it that much. I am hoping it may come back to life, but I doubt it
post #3030 of 3835 Old 03-06-2012, 10:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Just 2 years.

Gutted, as I do not use it that much. I am hoping it may come back to life, but I doubt it

Could be the adapter. My vp30 once gave up and i was told to change the adapter and it was fine. I was told the adapters dont last long.

Frank

Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page