New DVDO iScan Duo [2.0 firmware released] - Page 130 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #3871 of 3876 Old 04-06-2015, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Hey all,
I just purchased An iScan DUO used and, after plugging it into my chain, was prompted onscreen wizard to select the video and audio output . Immediately after doing this I backed out of the wizard using the arrow keys and the picture went off and the power LED and blue display on the front started blinking rapidly. All buttons are unresponsive and no amount of unplugging/rep lugging the power to the unit will override this blinking! HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 3876 Old 04-07-2015, 04:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You should be able to navigate the menu with frontpanel (mini display + keys); try to find the factory reset and start over.
post #3873 of 3876 Old 04-07-2015, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNooL View Post
You should be able to navigate the menu with frontpanel (mini display + keys); try to find the factory reset and start over.
When it freaks out, the display is flashing and unit Will not even power off...
post #3874 of 3876 Old 04-08-2015, 05:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HDCP not authenticating will cause the blue light to flash but should not affect the power led. The manual also mentions this fix in firmware 2.21 : "Avoid front panel LED flashing when both A/V HDMI outputs aren’t connected". Obviously you can't check your firmware version in the state your DUO is in. Frankly this sounds like a more serious problem than those things I mentioned. Possibly the firmware is corrupt or even a hardware issue like a bad power board or supply. Check the power supply output and see if it is okay. Maybe someone here with more knowledge can suggest a way to force a full reset. I would call or email support and see what they say. I sure hope it's an easy fix, I know how I freak out every time I think my DUO is having a problem. Good luck.
post #3875 of 3876 Old 04-08-2015, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi, If you connect it to a computer does it appear as a drive? If so you can flash the new firmware again from there to rule that out.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...xMvaM0e-zHqxjw

Hard power off the unit by disconnecting the power cable for around 20 min and then power it back up again and let us know how you got on.

Thanks

TV: Panasonic 55" VT65 Surround: Yamaha RX1073 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1 + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: Lumagen XS3D+ Darbee Players: HDI Dune Prime 3 / Nuc i5 - KODI / VU+ Duo2 / Roku 3 NAS: Qnap 869 Pro
post #3876 of 3876 Old 04-14-2015, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi,

I also have DVDO Duo and the Mini and wanted to know what settings you are using on the Mini as i am finding it has some jaggies lines on certain items like striped shirts etc.

VU+ duo2 (1080p/50) -> DVDO Duo (1080p/50 with Prep Enabled) -> DVDO Mini (Auto) -> Plasma VT60

I am not sure if I should let the Duo do the processing or change it to the Mini as I am not sure which will do a better Job? hence why i wanted to know settings as a baseline.
Thanks

TV: Panasonic 55" VT65 Surround: Yamaha RX1073 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1 + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: Lumagen XS3D+ Darbee Players: HDI Dune Prime 3 / Nuc i5 - KODI / VU+ Duo2 / Roku 3 NAS: Qnap 869 Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page