post #541 of 3841 Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 PM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q of BanditZ View Post

The Thanksgiving holiday excuse is pretty much off the radar at this point.

Anything yet, Franin?

Try ringing, I keep getting there answering service in the support area, wrote another email, nothing no reply.

my email must be going to there spam folders like it did with svs at the time when I was enquiring about there eq.

Will try again tonight

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 3841 Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 PM
CIH USER

Hey Q finally received an email from ken. Fantastic stuff. Will give him a call tonight to explain it.Im also going to enquire when we should see any more updates regarding the profile.

Frank
post #543 of 3841 Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Hey Q finally received an email from ken. Fantastic stuff. Will give him a call tonight to explain it.Im also going to enquire when we should see any more updates regarding the profile.

Great to hear.

Not to put too fine a point on it but somewhere in that dialogue maybe you can also find out why it took so long for you to establish contact with anyone there in the first place.

It used to be you could call them and you'd get someone with a pulse that would pick the phone up during business hours just about every single time.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #544 of 3841 Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Noyd View Post

In Output Set Up - Video Format - set it to Auto Select so you can get 24p with out adjustment.

Thanks - worked as stated. I do, however, have one issue. All of my inputs are either 1080 24p or 1080 60p except my DirecTV HD DVR, which is 1080i. With Auto Select this is output 1080i to my projector. Is there any way to force this to be output 1080p?

Thanks
post #545 of 3841 Old 12-03-2009, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskreis View Post

Thanks - worked as stated. I do, however, have one issue. All of my inputs are either 1080 24p or 1080 60p except my DirecTV HD DVR, which is 1080i. With Auto Select this is output 1080i to my projector. Is there any way to force this to be output 1080p?

Thanks

sounds like your PJ's EDIT is asking for 1080i
so no

-Jim Noyd
Noyd Communications Inc.
Representing VIZIO, DVDO,
Luxury Technology Show,
Kimber Kable, Krell
post #546 of 3841 Old 12-03-2009, 01:22 PM

Liked: 11
If you set the output to 1080P, it will always be 1080P. Then set the frame rate to 1:1 (or something like that, I'm not currently where I can read the menus). With these settings the output frame rate will follow the input frame rate. I have the same issue and these settings solved it for me. You can check the frame rate being sent to the projector by checking the projector input info on the projector menus. Hope this helps.
post #547 of 3841 Old 12-04-2009, 06:34 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Great to hear.

Not to put too fine a point on it but somewhere in that dialogue maybe you can also find out why it took so long for you to establish contact with anyone there in the first place.

It used to be you could call them and you'd get someone with a pulse that would pick the phone up during business hours just about every single time.

Hi Q. I changed it to mode 1 and it seems to work. Will still keep an eye on it though. I talked to Ken which he will investigate with the engineering regarding the switch over from hdmi 2 to hdmi 1(Especially regarding the JVC projectors). The conversation was quite short I really did not get a chance to ask him about the long wait for communication. He is know in charge of technical support. I guess they let go of some some staff in that place.

Frank
post #548 of 3841 Old 12-04-2009, 06:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Hi Q. I changed it to mode 1 and it seems to work. Will still keep an eye on it though. I talked to Ken which he will investigate with the engineering regarding the switch over from hdmi 2 to hdmi 1(Especially regarding the JVC projectors). The conversation was quite short I really did not get a chance to ask him about the long wait for communication.

He is known in charge of technical support.

Good.

Quote:

I guess they let go of some some staff in that place.

I don't think there's any doubt about it.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #549 of 3841 Old 12-04-2009, 06:58 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Good.

I don't think there's any doubt about it.

One thing I will like to do is ring them up next week and find out when the new updates like the profile will be available. I bought a $10(400minutes) international card that will last me a month (I think) so im using that to make my calls to these places.

Frank
post #550 of 3841 Old 12-04-2009, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

Hi Q. I changed it to mode 1 and it seems to work. Will still keep an eye on it though. I talked to Ken which he will investigate with the engineering regarding the switch over from hdmi 2 to hdmi 1(Especially regarding the JVC projectors). The conversation was quite short I really did not get a chance to ask him about the long wait for communication. He is know in charge of technical support. I guess they let go of some some staff in that place.

That is an ominous sign to me. Not to mention unfortunate for those let go, if that's in fact what happened.
post #551 of 3841 Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by marswill View Post

If you set the output to 1080P, it will always be 1080P. Then set the frame rate to 1:1 (or something like that, I'm not currently where I can read the menus). With these settings the output frame rate will follow the input frame rate. I have the same issue and these settings solved it for me. You can check the frame rate being sent to the projector by checking the projector input info on the projector menus. Hope this helps.

Helped a lot, thanks. I set the output to 1080 24p and frame rate to 1:1 and now every source is appropriately output either 60p or 24p.
post #552 of 3841 Old 12-04-2009, 05:22 PM
CIH USER

Also what happened to joerod ?

Frank
post #553 of 3841 Old 12-04-2009, 05:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:

Also what happened to joerod ?

Still lurking.

I have conversed some with Ken lately to about the "Deep Color" feature as well as a few other things. I try not to post as often as I used to since sometimes I get shot at (more lately) around here.

I am still here and using my Duo with DirecTV.

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
post #554 of 3841 Old 12-05-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshA View Post

As far as I can tell: no.

What I can't figure out is the lack of Output AR and the presence of 12V triggers...seems like a piece targeted at custom installers would support CIH setups.

Can someone please elaborate "lack of Output AR"?
I have CIH setup (using anamorphic lens on motorized sled) and would like to connect 12V trigger out from Duo into 12V in on the sled. I guess Duo has vertical stretch for 2.35 source. I wonder if Duo can figure out AR of the incoming signal, perform vertical stretch on 2.35 material and trigger the anamorphic lens movement? Just want to make sure before I pull on 12V ..uh $1200 trigger
post #555 of 3841 Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 PM
CIH USER

I got excited too quit. Still get the DCHP issue when turning the system on. Will turn on manually know will wait to see if they have a fix.

Frank
post #556 of 3841 Old 12-05-2009, 11:32 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstalwar View Post

I wonder if Duo can figure out AR of the incoming signal, perform vertical stretch on 2.35 material and trigger the anamorphic lens movement? Just want to make sure before I pull on 12V ..uh $1200 trigger

I dont even know if there is such thing where it could do that.

Frank
post #557 of 3841 Old 12-06-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:

I dont even know if there is such thing where it could do that.

Would DUO do vertical stretch for CIH with anamorphic lens? Can some one explain how they use 12V trigger out on the Duo?

Thanks.
post #558 of 3841 Old 12-06-2009, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

Still lurking.

I have conversed some with Ken lately to about the "Deep Color" feature as well as a few other things. I try not to post as often as I used to since sometimes I get shot at (more lately) around here.

I am still here and using my Duo with DirecTV.

Sometimes people take these things too seriously (personally?). There are larger, more important things in life.

I received my S-Video switch yesterday, and now I'll be able to double-connect my LD player (yay) so that I can hear LDs through the main system audio or the TV's audio, with both video feeds going through the Duo. I suppose I could have done the same thing with the EDGE, but the analogs on the Duo work, and those on the EDGE didn't, which is how the whole upgrade process started.

My system is now complete. The only caveat is a vague notion I have about upgrading power amps next year, but that isn't guaranteed. Besides, I get pretty good sound already.
post #559 of 3841 Old 12-06-2009, 04:21 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstalwar View Post

Would DUO do vertical stretch for CIH with anamorphic lens? Can some one explain how they use 12V trigger out on the Duo?

Thanks.

Yes it does do Vertical Stretch. Unfortunatley I dont have mine with the 12v trigger. My sled is connected via the contact closure to the extender.

Frank
post #560 of 3841 Old 12-06-2009, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

My system is now complete.

Ha ha. Famous last words of an AV enthusiast.

Seriously, congratulations. For now.
post #561 of 3841 Old 12-06-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliBELL View Post

I'd still like to get an answer to the question, for domestic consumers where HD-SDI or the THX/ISF badges are inconsequential for your likes or application, why would you buy a VP50Pro over a Duo? What is the difference between DVDO's target market for VP50Pro and their target market for Duo, is it just those who are a bit more cashed up that they're aiming at with the Pro? I own a VP50Pro (former owner of 30 & 50 also), but if I could wind back the clock to a point where I didn't and now wanted one or the other, which one would I choose and why? Assuming of course where I don't need more than 4 HDMI inputs.

If both Duo (new) and VP50Pro (used) can be had for same price, is there a verdict on which you would buy? Which is more future proof? I suppose PQ is same with both...(is it?)
post #562 of 3841 Old 12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

A question for those of you who run a cable box (Scientific Atlanta) through the Duo. Do you set your cable box to Auto or a fixed resolution, and other than cutting down the transition between resolutions, is there a difference with a fixed resolution?
post #563 of 3841 Old 12-07-2009, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

A question for those of you who run a cable box (Scientific Atlanta) through the Duo. Do you set your cable box to Auto or a fixed resolution, and other than cutting down the transition between resolutions, is there a difference with a fixed resolution?

I can't speak for the SA box but every Motorola I've ever used has been gad awful at upscaling 480i channels. Let the Duo do it. You'll have far less artifacts, and your eyes will thanks you. I find the slight, (maybe 2 second delay) worth it, and I change channels dozens of times a day.
post #564 of 3841 Old 12-07-2009, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryeye View Post

I can't speak for the SA box but every Motorola I've ever used has been gad awful at upscaling 480i channels. Let the Duo do it. You'll have far less artifacts, and your eyes will thanks you. I find the slight, (maybe 2 second delay) worth it, and I change channels dozens of times a day.

Hence your name, "dryeye," perhaps?

That's about what I decided on the cable box. The delay when resolutions change (some of which is due to the display, I think, since I had them before the VP entered the chain) is annoying, but the improvement in PQ is worth it, at least for now. Thanks.
post #565 of 3841 Old 12-11-2009, 07:21 AM
CIH USER

Any ideas when the profile updates will be soon available?

Frank
post #566 of 3841 Old 12-13-2009, 10:35 PM

Does this scaler do keystone correction?
post #567 of 3841 Old 12-13-2009, 10:49 PM

Surfer_Joe
No. I just bought DUO and don't see Keystone correction in any menu. It does provide a grid in its test patterns ( You have to apply necessary correction manually and use test grid to confirm the result). BTW, if you keep your lens plane parallel to screen you don't need to apply any Keystone correction (which probably you already know..)
post #568 of 3841 Old 12-15-2009, 05:24 AM
CIH USER

Looks like the Edge has a new firmware update hoping we get our very soon. They even have a multiple profile added to there unit which Ive been waiting for this unit.It will be good as the calibrator is coming on Tuesday the 22nd.

Frank
post #569 of 3841 Old 12-15-2009, 06:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Looks like the Edge has a new firmware update hoping we get our very soon. They even have a multiple profile added to there unit which Ive been waiting for this unit.It will be good as the calibrator is coming on Tuesday the 22nd.

Nice to get some kind of info finally since the overall silence continues to be deafening.

I hope somewhere maybe there's a little speed boost for that resolution switching issues you all have seen me mention since I got the unit.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #570 of 3841 Old 12-15-2009, 06:14 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Nice to get some kind of info finally since the overall silence continues to be deafening.

I hope somewhere maybe there's a little speed boost for that resolution switching issues you all have seen me mention since I got the unit.

Hey Q good to hear from you again. This thread has been quite for awhile.
I'm going to give dvdo a call tonight and find out when the profile will be added to our system and even the user selection.

I'm hoping they have a fix for the issue you mentioned and the issue I mentioned also.

Frank
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page