1080p component switch? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-24-2009, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello! I have a small problem I was hoping to find some help with in these forums. This is my first post, so please bear with me.

I have a TV/Monitor that supports 1080p and has 2 HDMI inputs and one Component input. I'm an audiophile so I prefer not to use the TV's speakers, and instead use my own studio monitor speakers. At my desk in my room, I have a Macbook Pro, external firewire soundcard, a small Mackie mixing board (8 channel) the TV, an Xbox 360 and (newly aquired) PS3.

The Macbook Pro is connected to the external sound card via firewire. The output of the soundcard is stereo 1/4" cables, which connect to an input channel of the Mackie mixer. The outputs of the Mackie go to the speakers via XLR cables. Simple enough for the computer's sound. For the Xbox 360, I was taking the component video from it and plugging into the TV. For the component audio, I connect those to an RCA input on the mixer.

Now that I have the PS3, I have a slight problem. Since I don't want to use the HDMI output, I need a component A/V switcher. This way I can have both the PS3 and the 360's component cables going into the switcher and coming out as one cable, to plug into the TV and mixer.

The problem I'm having is finding a component switcher that serves my needs! I want it to have 1080p output and a maximum of 1 output and 4 inputs. I don't need something that's expensive with 8x4 or 4x2 ins/outs. Unfortunately, in order to get 1080p output, it seems that I can't get anything that has minimal ins/outs, or is cheaper than $100.

If anyone can suggest a cheap component switcher that has at least 2x1 ins/outs and can support 1080p output, please let me know!

Thanks.
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page