AVS Forum banner

Which Hdtv works best with Radiance XD

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  hd_newbie 
#1 ·
Which Hdtv shows the best picture quality after being calibrated with a Radiance XD.

which 40"-55" lcd hdtv?

which hdtv 40"-55"plasma tv?

See less See more
#2 ·
This is sort of a weird question. Some of the Radiance's biggest strengths are its ability to add to a display that was otherwise lacking - in terms of a CMS say, or gamma adjustments. So if you are asking which type of display the Radiance "complements" the best - then you may have historically gotten an answer like the JVC-RS1 projector - or a Pioneer Kuro Plasma - two displays with great black levels, but no CMS and in-correctible inaccurate colors.

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchap2001 /forum/post/17435185

Which Hdtv shows the best picture quality after being calibrated with a Radiance XD.

which 40"-55" lcd hdtv?

which hdtv 40"-55"plasma tv?

Why would you want to buy such a high-end VP for a 40-55" display? This is not the best way to spend your money since the benefits will be hardly, if at all, discernible at such a small screen size. You don't need Radiance for an HDTV.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_newbie /forum/post/17462598

Why would you want to buy such a high-end VP for a 40-55" display? This is not the best way to spend your money since the benefits will be hardly, if at all, discernible at such a small screen size. You don't need Radiance for an HDTV.

i would disagree. if the colors are way off and there are not satisfactory internal controls to adjust, the Radiance would provide extremely discernible benefits. of course, it could be cheaper to buy a new TV

#5 ·
The best looking, most accurate image I have achieved from a flat panel display was with a Panasonic 65VX100 plasma and XD. It doesn't go as "black" as the krp Pioneers but there were other facets of it's performance I prefer. It's a close call between that and a KRP600 for me.

#6 ·
ok this is the story i have had the radiance xd since it was beta.

i have a 46" sony xbr 3 and im looking to replace the t.v.

todays tv pic and tech looks really good. but i was looking for the best tv that well best work with the radiance to give me the best possible pic quality.

i do have a ps3 connected to the radiance , also an oppo 980

tivo hd,

plasma does it still suffer burn in from video games?

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchap2001 /forum/post/17469964

ok this is the story i have had the radiance xd since it was beta.

i have a 46" sony xbr 3 and im looking to replace the t.v.

todays tv pic and tech looks really good. but i was looking for the best tv that well best work with the radiance to give me the best possible pic quality.

i do have a ps3 connected to the radiance , also an oppo 980

tivo hd,

plasma does it still suffer burn in from video games?

Plasmas do not suffer from burn-in. I would really get a Kuro if you still can find and afford them. I have one and I game all the time. Not even a trace of burn-in.

Do not worry about the display type. Any display will work with XD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.