AVS Forum banner

Testing a Sony Scan Converter?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  frankfurter 
#1 ·
Howdy group - I was given a used Sony DSC-1024HD Scan Converter. I'm fairly experienced in home audio/video/computers, but I don't know what this is used for. What I'm really after is a way to test it, because I'd like to sell it but I need to know it's operating condition.

Can anyone suggest some simple testing methods for an inexperienced scan-converter-user like me?

I've got the manual and will continue to try and sort it out, but I was hoping someone on the forums may have some suggestions.

Thanks!

#2 ·
This one's used to convert PC graphics (up to 1024x768, hence the name) to SD video signals - composite, S-Video, RGBs or component.

These units were mainly used to integrate PC graphic workstation into linear SD editing systems.

The Sony units could convert vice versa as well, but the quality wasn't any good, so the usage as a linedoubler is out of the questions. They were basically sold as PC to SD converters.

EDIT: simple test: connect a PC using VGA to the input, set the PC to XGA (1024x768), connect a TV to the composite video output of the machine.

EDIT2: the 1024HD version you've got on hand also does 1080i output via component.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.