HD Component output via firewire/usb breakout box - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-03-2010, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if this is the proper place to ask, but it seemed the best I could locate. I'm not really using the machine for HTPC purposes so much as video editing, but I'm looking for a breakout box if one exists that will allow me to output HD 720p/1080i via COMPONENT cables off a firewire interface. My problem is that I'm using an iMac which only has the mini-display port and will only allow me to use a dvi connection. I've played with using a dvi to hdmi adapter, but I don't get true tv video resolution, only close to tv resolution. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with breakout boxes that offered HD video output that could be recommended for this purpose? I really don't want to have to switch to a mac pro just to be able to use an internal card that has the video out capability. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-03-2010, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniks View Post

I'm looking for a breakout box if one exists that will allow me to output HD 720p/1080i via composite cables

"Composite" is limited to 480i.

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance  it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel Boorstin
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
" - MLK

post #3 of 3 Old 01-04-2010, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
My apologies, I meant to say 'Component'. I really wish they would have given a better name that was significantly further sounding from composite. But in any case, yes, Component at 720p/1080i. Thank you for pointing out my ignorant mistake.
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page