Radiance XS Dual Output Question. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-14-2010, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hi Guys, I have A CRT blend Set up that i plan to use two XS's for getting each PJ to have the same color matching. I was wondering if both outputs on the XS will have the same color calibration or if you can assign one off.

I ask because id like to disable the CMS from one output so I can daisy chain the XS,s to use one as the source Switcher.

So one XS will have all my sources connected and one output that I want to USE CMS on will go to the PJ and the other output id like to have no CMS active on it and that would go to the second XS then that would have CMS added and it go to my second PJ.

And if not could this feature be added in a Firmware or is it Hardware limited?

Athanasios

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Love this CRT addiction !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-15-2010, 01:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
The second output is a direct copy of the first or it is just audio. I imagine that there will be no possibility of doing what you want but I expect Jim will come along at some point and let us know. Good luck though!

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 AM
jrp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Very interesting question.

We have been discussing something along these lines for dual-projector 3D. What we are thinking is that one uses two Radiance units in series as you suggest. Then we allow output 2 to be the pass-through of the input (i.e. no processing at all) and output 1 is normal.

This allows several nice feature options:

- Pass-through mode. We have a "pass-through" mode on our feature list for the Radiance and this would allow us to check it off our list.

----

- Some high-end audio folks have asked me for a direct connect HDMI-in to HDMI-out for audio so that the original HDMI clock can be used for the HDMI output audio clock to (potentially) reduce audio clock jitter for improved audio. Not sure this is a real advantage, but I would be very interested in if people could notice a difference using the original HDMI input clock (pass-through mode) verses our generated output clock (normal mode).

----

For 3D, this allows us to have a 3D input mode that outputs 2D video. This has at least two applications I can think about.

1) Theater with a 3D projector and a 2D TV would use two Radiance units. The first outputs 2D to the AVR/2D-TV and passes the input to the second Radiance which outputs 3D. This also allow each (TV,projector) to be calibrated independently.

2) For dual-projector 3D, the first Radiance outputs "Left-eye" on Output1 and its pass-through on Output2 to the second Radiance. The second Radiance then outputs "right-eye" to the second projector.

-----

For your suggested blend application, the first Radiance processes the source and does CMS to Output1 for the first projector, and its Output2 is set to pass the input directly without processing. Then the second Radiance takes the input processes it and does CMS for the second projector.

-----

There are some details to consider - like each Radiance needs the same input configs - but these are managable.

I think your post was the final nudge we needed to raise the priority of this. I will put this as a priority right after 3D. We should have a Beta 3D release in August (I had thought July but the deinterlacing and reinterlacing work is not done yet). Then we can work on this.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #4 of 10 Old 07-15-2010, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Jim, I know you are also thinking of adding blending and this pass trough untouched second output would work perfectly. The way I will have it set up now is use my Mome MUX-HD that has 4 HDMI inputs and a DVI and HDI out, these will go to the Radiance's and then to the TV-One C2-2250 edge blend processors.

Do the XS's at least pass the 24p out? I have not had a chance to look at the literature yet. I want to pass this frame rate and then I have the C2-2250's scale to 1064x800@72 or 96hz.

I take it Andres contacted you with the Edge Blend Curve algorithm help once you cross that bridge. You will have a beta tester ready and willing.

Athanasios

post #5 of 10 Old 07-18-2010, 11:26 PM
jrp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

1)Do the XS's at least pass the 24p out?

2) I take it Andres contacted you with the Edge Blend Curve algorithm help once you cross that bridge. You will have a beta tester ready and willing.

Athanasios

1) You can set up the Radiance to 24p output for 24p input.

2) Yes, we have been in touch. Not sure when we might get to this.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #6 of 10 Old 07-19-2010, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Jim, I spent some time last night and found out.

Athanasios

post #7 of 10 Old 07-20-2010, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post

Then we allow output 2 to be the pass-through of the input (i.e. no processing at all) and output 1 is normal.

I would find a pass-through of the input on output2 of the Radiance to be most helpful, even in the absence of 3D. I have, for example, a cable box that I'd like to run to a second display but it cannot handle 1080p60 as an input.

Certainty and conviction are a sure sign you don't know what you're talking about! The world is not black and white, rather shades of grey!
post #8 of 10 Old 07-23-2010, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post

I would find a pass-through of the input on output2 of the Radiance to be most helpful

I think it too.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-31-2012, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So any news on this feature Yet?

Also How about the Blending feature? With the onset of 4K it be a great idea
to add blending to get 4 k with the current PJ's, blending 2 or 4 Lower priced Digital PJ
s will give more light output for 4K than any single Pj could do. Huge screens of 12-20 feet would give excellent results.

Still running my CRT blend and 4 k or close to 4K will be easy for me to implement.

Athanasios

post #10 of 10 Old 09-23-2013, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post

1) You can set up the Radiance to 24p output for 24p input.

2) Yes, we have been in touch. Not sure when we might get to this.

So any news on making an Unit with Edge blending jim?

The Tv-Ones just dont cut it with out 11 or 21 point gamma correction for each IRE in the blend zone. But it looks fairly good with the help of the radiances.

A little clip i did with my iPhone to show those who do not know exactly how Blending works.

nashou

Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page