Official Lumagen RadianceMini 3D thread. - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #1501 of 1509 Old 04-02-2017, 01:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 180
If you are using a USB to serial adapter you mut use one that is compatible with the processor. I believe they suggest one with an FTDI chipset. Not all USB to serial adapters work.

The actual settings for serial connection will be the same as other lumagen processors, except maximum baud rate will be 57600.

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1509 Old 04-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post
There might be a setup option but I can't remember. To check I would go into the setup menus and look around or check the user manual which you could download.
I went in and thought I found a on off switch but still nothing 😔 I need to talk to lumagen to see what's going on . This is a brand new unopened unit that still has the original beta firmware
post #1503 of 1509 Old 04-03-2017, 01:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Which beta firmware does it have?

Are you using a direct serial connection or a USB to Serial adaptor and the bull modem cable?

You can try a bootloader bypass update.

Get the firmware ready to update. ie run the exe file and select the radio button for 56700 baud and the com port you KNOW you are using on your PC.

Now, disconnect the power from the Mini3D. (IE pull the power cable out of it)

Then re-conect the power cable and within 3 seconds press SEND on the updated firmware. You do not need to turn the Mini3D on with remote you just need re-attach power then press send on the update. See what happens. With some luck it'll come to life
AVfile likes this.

Convergent-AV

post #1504 of 1509 Old 04-05-2017, 09:04 AM
jrp
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesto719 View Post
Does lumagen have a on switch for the rs 232 connection , or does it stay on always
It is possible to change RS-232 settings from default and that may affect updating and would affect calibration software since those programs assume RS-232 is in default settings.

When we corresponded I am not sure if I suggested a Factory Reset (MENU 0999) and then trying the RS-232. If you have not tried this, it might help. Make sure to do a Save (MENU up-arrow OK OK OK) after if you want the factory settings to be permanent.
AVfile likes this.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #1505 of 1509 Old 04-11-2017, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My plan is a 16x9 screen, and I want to mask off the top of of the screen to make a 2.4:1 area on the bottom. I will use this 2.4:1 portion of the screen for a CIH setup, but when I want a really big 16x9 picture (like for IMAX, superbowl, or one of those movies like Interstellar that switches aspect ratio), I can remove the mask. Can the mini accommodate all this without optically zooming and shifting the lens on the projector?

I'm especially interested in having several presets, not just 16x9 and 2.35:1. Like several for the CIH setup with the mask down, I'd like to watch 16x9, 1.85:1, 2.0:1, 2.2:1, 2.35:1, 2.4:1. Can the mini save the the shrinking settings for all of these aspect ratios? I've watched some videos on youtube where the person switches back and forth between 16x9 and 2.35:1 with one button, but can other buttons (or memory slots) be assigned to these other aspect ratios?

Thanks!
Mark

Samsung LN46A550, Denon 4520, Sony BDP-S5100, Google Chromecast, Logitech Squeezebox
SVS Prime Bookshelf (LCR), JBL E10 (x2 Surround), SVS-SB2000 (Dual Subs)
post #1506 of 1509 Old 04-12-2017, 02:37 PM
jrp
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhyams View Post
My plan is a 16x9 screen, and I want to mask off the top of of the screen to make a 2.4:1 area on the bottom. I will use this 2.4:1 portion of the screen for a CIH setup, but when I want a really big 16x9 picture (like for IMAX, superbowl, or one of those movies like Interstellar that switches aspect ratio), I can remove the mask. Can the mini accommodate all this without optically zooming and shifting the lens on the projector?

I'm especially interested in having several presets, not just 16x9 and 2.35:1. Like several for the CIH setup with the mask down, I'd like to watch 16x9, 1.85:1, 2.0:1, 2.2:1, 2.35:1, 2.4:1. Can the mini save the the shrinking settings for all of these aspect ratios? I've watched some videos on youtube where the person switches back and forth between 16x9 and 2.35:1 with one button, but can other buttons (or memory slots) be assigned to these other aspect ratios?

Thanks!
Mark
You can setup the Mini (or any Radiance) to have two setups. For example, you could use MEMA for your normal 2.35 CIH screen setup, and then setup MEMB for 16:9 to use the full 16:9 screen for special events. Then you would use the Vertical Shift feature to move the 2.35 active area to the bottom of the screen.

You can do 4:3, 16:9, 1.85, 2.35, and 2.40 (press ALT and then 2.35) simply with one or two button presses. You can do custom setups for 2.0 on a 2.35 screen, but since there is no remote code for these it requires some special setup. For example, for a 2.35 screen, 2.35/2.0 is 1.175. So you could setup a memory (e.g. MEMC) to select the output aspect as 2.09 and then select the input as "16:9" with that memory to mimic 2.0 input aspect on a 2.35 screen and get the result you want. You would also need to change some other parameters like Vertical Shift to help dial everything in for this.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #1507 of 1509 Old 07-31-2017, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Need help please. I have AppleTV and DirectTV connected to my Lumagen device which then is connected to my AV receiver. I have a JVC projector and project onto a 2.35:1 screen. I also have a Samsung UHD player. When I am watching 16:9 content on my BD player, the image entirely fills the screen from top to bottom and of course, there are black bars on either side since I have a 2.35 screen. When I change inputs to my Apple TV and watch 16:9 content, the image has black bars above and below as well as to the left and right. I didn't change anything on my projector zoom and I know the projector is still at the same zoom settings since the 16:9 test pattern image fills the screen from top to bottom.

I want to be able to switch from my BD player to my Apple TV/DirectTV inputs without having to use the projector zoom to fill the screen in each time I change inputs. What can I do?

Thanks in advance!
post #1508 of 1509 Old 08-01-2017, 12:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Check to see what STYLE settign you are using for the BD player and make sure you assign the same one to the Apple tv then both should respnd the same way

Convergent-AV
post #1509 of 1509 Old 08-01-2017, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Fraser View Post
Check to see what STYLE settign you are using for the BD player and make sure you assign the same one to the Apple tv then both should respnd the same way
Thanks but my BD player is not connected to the Lumagen. Only my Apple TV and cable box are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page