Algolith Dragonfly replacement fan? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-10-2011, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, trying to trackdown a replacement fan for an Algolith Dragonfly. From a brief read it looks like it is a 7500rpm fan with a tach/rpm signal. Changing to something that spins less may have been a problem with the firmware checking fan speed as a fail safe? Thanks in advance for any info.

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-01-2011, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious View Post

Hey guys, trying to trackdown a replacement fan for an Algolith Dragonfly. From a brief read it looks like it is a 7500rpm fan with a tach/rpm signal. Changing to something that spins less may have been a problem with the firmware checking fan speed as a fail safe? Thanks in advance for any info.

Adam

Hai Adam,

I'm from Germany, so regrett my poor english. I've replaced the Dragonflys fan with many others but did'nt get it right. There is no fan on the retail market to replace it well. Many of them dos'nt have the right hight. The Case of DF is very thin and the hight between the CPU and the topcover is even smaller. The only way i've found was to call to Algolith and ask for Replacement. They sent me for a few dollars three fans (one new, two used). Thanks to Michel Forbes from Algolith.

But Everybody who own a DF will understand, why we keep the Flagg up for the DF. It is, in my Opinion, still the best Videoprocessor on the Planet. With smooth and sharp Pictures on Standard-PAL and -NTFS and a crispy and most detailed Picture on HDTV with an awesome Reduce in Artefacts, seen on most HDTV Material on Cabel and even Satellite-TV. To get this Level of Improvement you need to surpass the hole TVs internal CPU and all of the "Enhancements". The best Way to do this is to use the SUB-D-Input (analog) on the TV-Set by using an HD-Fury. The DFs Signal-Output on HDMI will be translated by the Fury to analog 1080p60 and sent directly to the Panel over the SUB-D-Input of the TV. The Result is stunning, i promise! I love the Dragonfly, also for his Beauty. It is the Jewel of my Rack.

Florian
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page