[HD][ACQUISITION][BLACKMAGIC][INTENSITY] Acquisition of a VGA video signal HD 1152 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello ,
i've just bought an HD acquisition device : the Blackmagic Intensity SHUTTLE , but i'd like , before anything , to be sure that this device will be adapted to the whole assembly i'm designing :
The purpose of this assembly is to acquire (on PC) a HD video signal (resolution 1152x900) carried on a VGA cable coming from an old SUN sparcstation 5
Here is a sketch of the connection diagram :
Input VGA signal ( resolution 1152x900 - SUN ) -----> VGA-to-hdmi adapter ------> HDMI input of Blackmagic Intensity shuttle ( HD video acquisition device )

I'd like to have your advice about the following technical aspects :

Is it possible to acquire a 1152x900 vga signal (using the intensity shuttle's hdmi input ) even it doesn't match exactly the standards available on the acquisition device ? (1080p ,)
Is there a way to specify manually the working resolution like we used to do with the classic SD acquisition cards.
Will it be there any hdcp issues with the adpater ( i'm intending to use K├Ânig VGA to HDMI adapter or HDFury2 ) ?
Since i'm interested only in acquiring still images (frozen screenshots not HD video) , is there anyway to use the shuttle on a usb 2.0 port , seeing that no large bandwith would be necessary here ?
PS : the intensity requires a USB 3.0 port.
Is there any requirements that the usb 3.0 port must fulfil like additional power supply ?
I'm intending to buy a transcend usb 3.0 expresscard/34 so as to plug into my laptop then use it with the shuttle , will this work perfectly ?

Thank you in advance for your answer , it will be very helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-11-2011, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
(not sure if you're just a spam bot, but in case you're not......)

This won't work. You have to feed a resolution supported by the BMD, e.g. 720p or 1080i. And even then it probably won't work, because the workstation is likely not able to deliver an exact 59.94Hz to meet the timing specifications.

And no, the Shuttle won't work on USB 2.0.

And the HDFury is for converting HDMI to VGA only, not the other way around.

There are VGA grabber cards (and VGA2USB grabbers) which might be more convenient for your situation. Check out epiphan.com for example.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-11-2011, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoh View Post

This won't work. You have to feed a resolution supported by the BMD, e.g. 720p or 1080i.

There's no way to crop the signal ?
Reply Video Processors