Sorry, wrong forum - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-14-2011, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found SD signal on my Panasonic TV is not accurately displayed. When I choose 4:3 aspect on TV, the graphic is displayed in exactly 4:3 ratio. However there is actually 16 pixels horizontal overscan area for SD signal, as a result the graphic is centrally squeezed and I could easily tell from those not so round button indicators when I'm doing my (not so) retro gaming.

I don't know if anybody knows a mid-range receiver with correct aspect ratio processing for SD signal and better deinterlacing than a mid range Panasonic TV, and I absolutely hate any denoise processing that could not be switched off.(The 2nd condition is not that important)

I had a look with Yamaha receivers today, the outcome is extremely similar to my TV which is disappointing.

I did have some time with an Onkyo 607 in my friend's house, the aspect ratio is correct but the upscalling/deinterlacing is absolutely terrible. There is still not enough evidence to show every Onkyo receiver will check my 1st condition since they are with different video chips.
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page