Boxee to an old non-HD TV via a PC -> analog converter box - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I'm new here so I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this. I can't post URLs yet so I've spelled them out for you... sorry for the inconvenience.

I want to get a Boxee Box (boxee dot tv/buy ) but my big old TV doesn't have HD inputs (it only has RCA and cable). The Boxee Box only has 1 HDMI output.

I already own a PC -> analog video converter that I got at radio shack a few years back. Its only input is VGA.: grandtec dot com/support.html#GPX2000

I think the converter is converting a digital signal to analog, even though it has a VGA input. My computer video is DVI output fed through a DVI -> VGA adapter to the converter box.

Still with me? Ok, so if my VGA signal is in fact a digital signal, then in theory couldn't I use this adapter (amazon dot com/HDMI-VGA-HD15-Male-Cable/dp/B001OLCHJ6) to plug the Boxee unit to the converter box, thus getting my digital signal to analog?

It would be great if this would work, because I could avoid buying an HDMI converter box.

I know the reviews for the HDMI -> VGA adapter all say it doesn't work because it doesn't convert the signal to analog, but that's why I would then plug it into the converter box I already have.

Is this just crazy enough to work, or should I just suck it up and start looking for a different solution?

Thanks in advance for any advice guys!
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page