iscan duo question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-22-2011, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does the information screen show the used audio stream (DTS, Dolby Digital, DTS master,..) with bit depth and sampling rate?

Thanks for checking this out for me!

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display. -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Yes, it does. I run LPCM (due to some occassional flakyness with certain movies and my super multi-blu). Last night I checked and it said 8xLPCM 48khz... or something like that. I remember it showing DTS Master Audio and Dolby True HD before I switched to LPCM.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-26-2011, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Nice, could you please check whether it mentions sampling rate and bit depth for digital audio (like DTS or Dolby)?

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display. -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer
post #4 of 5 Old 08-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Hmm... with the firmware I have (which is a bit old), it only says Dolby True or DTS MA... with nothing on the sample rate. And I mean it shows both with the "or", it does not show which precisely. However, if you have it hooked up a certain way with your receiver, your receiver OSD should be able to show you. I have all my video inputs going to my Duo, then the Video out (not the audio only out) is hooked up to HDMI input 1 on my Onkyo. The Onkyo is then hooked up to my display. I get both on screen displays this way.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-28-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Same behaviour as with the EDGE (I can only send DTS or Dolby so I don't know 100% for sure what it would do with DTS-MA or Dolby True). I have a very cheap receiver. It only says DTS or Dolby and nothing more. I've blown most my cash on video stuff. That is why it would have been nice if another device could show what was being received.

Many thanks for checking by the way. It's no big deal as I can always use mediainfo to check but it would sure have been convenient!

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page