Seamless Switching/Scaling - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-24-2011, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Right now I just have my AV receiver switching signals between devices in my theatre. This okay, but when switching between sources, it is rather nasty. The video flashes, and flickers and just goes crazy for a couple of seconds while the projector re-syncs back up and scales the video to the native resolution of a projector. Are there any scalers (maybe they all do this) that will seamlessly, or near seamlessly switch between sources? I have been looking at the DVDO iScan Duo or the Atlona Pro5. Does anybody have any experience with either of these. I'm open to any option so long as it is less than $1300 or so.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 06:30 PM
amt

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Most of the problem, IMO, is that the sources do not do the handshake until they switched. This is where one of the video processors from Lumagen might work better for you. All of the hdmi inputs are an active hdmi "sink", even if they are not the current source selection. Switching should not have that crazy moment unless you have programmed a input source ID or resolution/frame-rate to trigger a new output resolution/frame-rate. But don't take 100% my word for this, better to verify with Lumagen directly.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by amt View Post

Most of the problem, IMO, is that the sources do not do the handshake until they switched. This is where one of the video processors from Lumagen might work better for you. All of the hdmi inputs are an active hdmi "sink", even if they are not the current source selection. Switching should not have that crazy moment unless you have programmed a input source ID or resolution/frame-rate to trigger a new output resolution/frame-rate. But don't take 100% my word for this, better to verify with Lumagen directly.

I read the first post and was going to suggest the Lumagen, but I that you beat me to it.