Best Video Processing A/V Receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-04-2011, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello to all. I'm looking for a bit of advice on a great A/V receiver. I'm mainly interested in the video processing aspect. I have my sights on the Yamaha Avantage RXA 2000 and the Pioneer Elite SC-35. Has anyone had any experience with either of these?

I currently use DirectTV for HiDef viewing and I'm trying to keep the video image as close as the image I get from a direct HDMI to the LED tv I have.

Any comments or advise is greatly appreciated.

Rene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-04-2011, 05:47 PM
amt

Liked: 12
If you want the video un-altered, then the best thing you can do is find a receiver which has a passthrough mode. However, most of the real passthrough modes end up losing on-screen display. If you want real video processor features (like grayscale and color calibration) then you really need to get an external one, as nearly every receiver is missing those features.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-05-2011, 05:47 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by amt View Post

If you want the video un-altered, then the best thing you can do is find a receiver which has a passthrough mode. However, most of the real passthrough modes end up losing on-screen display. If you want real video processor features (like grayscale and color calibration) then you really need to get an external one, as nearly every receiver is missing those features.

Good advice. Every AVR that I have seen have limited features and do not have near the capabilities of a good stand alone VP. My recommendation would be to look at a Lumagen.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-12-2011, 03:03 PM

Liked: 10
check up Anthem, the newest version of their pre/pro is D2v, and another cheaper version is AVM50v, both the pre/pro don't have 3D version yet, Theta Casablanca III got a 3D version but much expensive, and so Krell 1200U and Krell Evo.707.
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page