Anthem Video Processing Upgrade - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-15-2011, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I just picked up a new Anthem MRX-500 to Replace my aging Onkyo with Faraouja processing.

I'm far from a Videophile. I'm on the audio side. However the second I hooked this Anthem up I was completely unimpressed with the video processing. The only acceptable picture for me is if I put it in Through mode. With the processing on it seems to make everything blocky, especially blacks.

I'm throwing around the idea of keeping the Anthem, since I like everything else about it, and going with a video processor. Personaly I think it's a bit ridicilous that a $1600 receiver has such bad video processing but hey.

I know nothing about the video world though. Can I get something worth wild for under a grand? I really don't want to spend anymore than that.

Cheers guys.

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 01:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SKiTLz,

Make sure you cross-post this to the Audio/SSP forum under the "Anthem D2 tweaking guide" thread. There are some real subject matter experts there on the Anthem units, even if this is not your exact SSP.

You should *not* be seeing these artifacts (macroblocking?) - something is amiss.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Make sure to post on the MRX thread too. there are many settigns and if not set correctly you will get bad results. That is the only bad thing about a higher end AVR so much control that it can take a while to set up correctly. I had similar issues with my AVM50v

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra