HDMI Passthrough - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-05-2011, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What processors will pass HDMI through to the output of the AVR/P with the unit turned off (standby). I want to be able to watch Tv without turning on the processor. I could use an HDMI splitter if I need to, running one output to TV and the other to the AVP. It would be simpler if I can do what I suggest. Do Integra or Marantz pass through. I will be using HDMI exclusively as I have ditched all mu devices that to not have HDMI output, except for and onld VCR.

PS How do you create an AVS forum avatar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would use the HDMI splitter personally. It allows you to maintain a good signal path. Trying to run it through something else as a pass through will most likely create some visual artifacts or other issues.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-16-2011, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCB View Post

I would use the HDMI splitter personally. It allows you to maintain a good signal path. Trying to run it through something else as a pass through will most likely create some visual artifacts or other issues.

Not likely. In order to alter the image, the device would need to have an image processor engine in line. There is not image quality loss through simple switches with HDMI like there can be with analog switchers.

The only question is will the receiver pass a signal with the power off? Note that it would have to be a soft power off if any hope of working. A hard power off like the AC plug pulled would surely not pass the signal through.

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page