Lumagen ProHDP & 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-21-2011, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
From what I have read, my ProHDP will not do the vertical stretch with 3D for use with an anamorphic lens. But, does anyone know if it will "pass through" a 3D signal and still allow color controls, etc., to be operable? I have an Oppo BDP 93 that will do the stretch in 3D but I still want to use the Lumagen for other calibrations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-22-2011, 01:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
The problem you will have is that the Pro will not feedback 3D edid to the Oppo so it wont allow discs to go in to 3D mode. If it did you'd probably be OK I'd think. I know that here in UK the main satellite tv provider uses boxes that don't require 3d edid info feedback on 3d channels, they just always output 1080i SBS and the lumagen takes it in and will process it and send it out 1080P SBS.

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Fraser View Post

The problem you will have is that the Pro will not feedback 3D edid to the Oppo so it wont allow discs to go in to 3D mode. If it did you'd probably be OK I'd think. I know that here in UK the main satellite tv provider uses boxes that don't require 3d edid info feedback on 3d channels, they just always output 1080i SBS and the lumagen takes it in and will process it and send it out 1080P SBS.

Thanks Gordon. Got the Oppo 93 installed last night. I have HDMI 1 straight from the Oppo to the Acer H9500BD projector, HDMI 2 goes through the ProHDP and into HDMI 2 on the projector. HDMI 1 works perfectly of course, the Oppo does the vertical stretch in 3D very well. I will try HDMI 2 and see what happens, hopefully won't damage anything ?
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page