FleaHDMI > DVDO Edge (or other VP) combo question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-24-2012, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello All,
I have been combing the DVDO Edge thread and noticed that a few users have the FLEA and Edge working together. I have been running the Flea for a few years and I just bought the DVDO Edge Green. It is a nice unit but lacks block noise reduction. I don't have any calibration equipment, test disks, or a way to do a side by side test so I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the DVDO Edge can / does correct the bug where the Flea converts RGB to PC levels?
I noticed that I can set my output color space on the Edge to Auto, Video, or PC - I am just wondering if anyone has done any testing regarding this color space bug with the Flea feeding a VP that can manipulate input and output color space levels.
Thanks,
Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-24-2012, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The Edge can handle PC levels just fine. If the auto detection doesn't work, you can still set the INPUT VIDEO LEVEL manually to either Video or Computer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-27-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thank You.
It looks like it works fine automatically.
If I force the output to PC levels with the flea connected - It darkens the screen. If I force the input to PC levels with the Flea in the chain - it lightens the screen. - If I take the Flea out - It looks like it does when set to auto with the flea in the chain set to auto or forced to video levels out. So I guess the Edge is correcting the output levels.
JJK
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page