Old School Faroudja - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm meaning mainly a Picture Plus NR Series DV. As far as I can tell, I think the res is setup for plasma tvs 1366x768. With that in mind, I have 3 projectors. 2 are DLP, 1 is LCD. One of the DLPs is the X1, 800x600. The other 2 are 1024x768. Before I commit myself to buying this, and I realize it's old school technology, will this unit work with all my projectors, since obviously none of these projectors native rate is 1366x768, and this is what the Faroudja seems to be set at? I'm not interested in sending the unit in to have the res changed, so that's not even an option. I'm just interested in knowing if this thing would still be useful, even tho it's old school, as in with my projectors, which are actually old school themselves I guess. Especially the X1. I realize that the X1 already has a Faroudja chip, but I still have an old school LD 100 which I think outputs a better pic thru this projector than does the on board Faroudja chip. So I'm thinking the Picture Plus NR should output an even better pic than the LD 100, since it would be newer technology compared to the LD 100.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since I couldn't get any advice one way or the other, I have since decided not to buy this item. Couldn't find much about it on the net, so was hoping someone in here was knowledgeable about it. But it doesn't matter at this point since the item is no longer available for sale.
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page