Best scaler/converter for s-video to DVI (or HDMI) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have a need to convert s-video (coming from a Sony EVI-D100 camera) to a DVI input on a PC video capture card. That's it - I don't require sound, other conversions, etc - simply to be able to attach the camera and have reasonable quality. A smaller device would be advantageous as well, but not an absolute requirement.

I know there are a ton of scalers out there, but the cost is all over the board and I have no gauge as to their quality.

Does anyone have recommendations for a cost-effective scaler or other device to do this?

Thanks,

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
What DVI capture card do you have ?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I actually don't know - it's a PC with a PCIe card - the only markings I can find are "HDMI-2-PCIe" and it has a single external DVI connector.

The PC is actually a "codec" (PC with the capture card and software) from a company called Vidyo - typically they attach HD cameras and the capture card is used for exactly that. In this case, I want to be able to attach an SD camera. Vidyo tells me this should work (and they've tested it in the past with scalers), but those scalers are unavailable so I'm left hanging trying to find a cost-effective scaler that produces reasonable quality.