Questions about Lumagen HDQ - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hopefully some of you who have been around the block with video processors can answer a few questions about my Lumagen HDQ (hopefully I can avoid the troll-type response I got in my previous thread).

1) Okay, I realize this is probably a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway because, well, you guys know more than I: Is there anyway to pass audio through this unit on the DVI-D inputs? (My guess is no because the physical interface for input is DVI and not HDMI... But I figured it was worth asking because I have managed to pass audio through a DVI-D adapter on the end of an HDMI/DVI-D cable, so something is clearly going on there... Anyway I thought I would ask.)

2) Does anyone know why the color-red adjustment does not appear to raise or lower the luminance of red? I can get the color-green to work as spec'd, but not the color-red; it doesn't appear to do anything.

3) Is there anyway to pass through 1080p from my PS3 through this unit? 1080i works fine, but 1080p does not. On the spec sheet it says it allows pass through of 1080p24, but I assume my PS3 is putting out a different frame-rate most of the time (except on Blu-Rays mastered at 24fps), so maybe that's the problem.

4) Anyone know the 1:1 pixel mapping settings for Panasonic Plasma 60ST30?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-04-2012, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
And while we're at it, anyone know why the gamut control isn't available in the service menu for the lumagen? I have the latest firmware and I swear I saw it in there at one point, but now it's just.... gone.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Don't have an HDQ or HDP to investigate CMS..but i am pretty sure the CMS is not a 3D one and therefor will not do what you are after in that regard.

It will not pass 1080Pabove 24p. That is outwith the bandwidth of the unit. You should set your PS3 to output 1080P24 for BD and 1080i or 720p for other content (i'd suggest 720p for games)

the standard 1080p60 timings should be fine for your plasma...you can use the internal patterns on the scaler to adjust for position (NOT SIZE)

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-04-2012, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Fraser View Post

It will not pass 1080Pabove 24p. That is outwith the bandwidth of the unit. You should set your PS3 to output 1080P24 for BD and 1080i or 720p for other content (i'd suggest 720p for games)

Is it implied in your response that the PS3 will do a better job of up converting standard DVD's than the Lumagen?

Even when I'm not having a particularly good day, I am at least having a day!

New Theater 

Build Thread
post #5 of 7 Old 03-05-2012, 01:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

Is it implied in your response that the PS3 will do a better job of up converting standard DVD's than the Lumagen?

Well let me clarify that then.....

The PS3 will not do a better job than the HDQ at upscaling dvd. I had assumed DVD would be played through some other source and that the BD would be used for BD and Games. As virtually all games as 720P native that would seem to be the best option for games and 1080P24 best for the native BD material.

If it's possible to set the thing to play content natively all the time then do that but I am not sure it is...i only use my PS3 for BD playback, not for DVD or games...

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-05-2012, 12:15 PM
wnl

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Fraser View Post

It will not pass 1080Pabove 24p. That is outwith the bandwidth of the unit.

Not strictly true. The HDQ will not handle input higher than 1080p30 (or 1080i60) but is able to send output at 1080p60.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-05-2012, 12:18 PM
wnl

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremmy View Post

And while we're at it, anyone know why the gamut control isn't available in the service menu for the lumagen? I have the latest firmware and I swear I saw it in there at one point, but now it's just.... gone.

I know this is an old post, but if you haven't figured it out yet, you need to enable the service menu to get to the gamut controls. MENU 0 9 1 0
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page