Roku or Boxee or ? for Use with Radiance XS - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-07-2012, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For our large-screen TV, I currently have a Roku XDS being used, among other devices, with our Lumagen Radiance XS. The Roku outputs at 720p (YCrCb 422). Picture is just fine. We've mainly been using it for Netflix.

I'm thinking of moving the Roku XDS to our 40" LCD upstairs and get a new streaming device for the large-screen TV.

However, the Roku's are now on V2 and they currently only output RGB now. Don't believe that can currently be changed.

Any way to get the Roku 2 and get it work well with the Radiance? Or should I look at something else like the Boxee box? Or . . . ?

Of course, what content is available on both boxes is an important consideration, but which would "work better" with the Radiance for the best picture?

I've read the Boxee has more output options but I'm still searching for a complete list.

Or is there another streaming device that would pair up well with the Radiance XS for the best picture?

TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
We have used both Popcorn Hour and Boxee media servers with the Radiance video processors. The Radiance works well with these and many other media servers.

Randy Freeman
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page