post #3691 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 11:50 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

Pretty much what most are using, HD at ~ 50%, though I'm now trying out Game 50% for a while to see how I like it.

Yes, the Sony1000's pic with BD and good HDTV sources is already outstanding, yet I do like the Darblet's modest enhancement that I characterized as an increased 'crispness'.

Last weekend, I saw a demo of the Sony VPL-VW10000ES 4K projector at a friends' house; I brought my Darblet at his request. What an amazing projector! The Darblet definitely resulted in an improvement to the picture quality. We popped in How To Train Your Dragon, and it looked great. It actually looked 3-Dimensional to me, and the Darblet seemed to increase the "depth" of that affect. I really wish I could afford one of those projectors! I also wonder if JVC's E-shift2 in their 2013 projectors would get me most of the way there at 25% of the cost (for an RS48/X55).

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3692 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post

Just ordered a new 40' HighSpeed HDMI cable from Monoprice and being sent overnight smile.gif. I will see if the cable makes a difference over the weekend.

Just curious -- are you going to try a RedMere cable or (standard) High Speed?
post #3693 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Darblet's on the way, thanks to AVS Science Sales coming through. Looking forward to see what it adds to SD-DVD and BluRay content from the Oppo 93, as well as SD/HD TV from our TiVo and Apple TV sources, as connected through our Denon 4311. Based on reading the thread, I'm expecting subtle but noticable improvements with HD somewhere in the 20 to 60 range. Or not.....but there's only one way to see, and that's try it out.

Stuart

Denon 4311 with XT32 and Audyssey Pro

Oppo 93 and 103

Panasonic VT50

Sherwood R-972 with its version of the Trinnov Optimizer

MiniDSP 10x10 HD

PSB Imagine T2, Center, and Surrounds (as of 5/2014); HSU ULS-15 subs (2)

The Audyssey FAQ Guide can be found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/...

post #3694 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 12:33 PM

For those wanting to buy from AVS, I just received notice that the Darblet is back in stock.
post #3695 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 202
LOL. I just got an alert from AVS that the Darblet was back in stock... Really? Thanks. I bought mine 3 shipments ago when someone in this thread mentioned that they were back in stock (I signed up a couple of weeks before that restock happened and never, until today, received a "back in stock" alert).

Oh well, at least I got it before the price increase, and now I know that their "alert me when back in stock" system isn't reliable.
post #3696 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I am getting the RedMere cables. Do they not work with the Drablet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roknrol View Post

Just curious -- are you going to try a RedMere cable or (standard) High Speed?
post #3697 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have purchase my unit from AV Science which arrived to me on 9/17 and i found few problems

1. Changing mode between HD, GAME and POP, sometimes it cause device to get reset and also i'm loosing all my settings when it reset the device.
2. Sometimes video stop suddenly and disappear while watching movie and all i hear is sound but no video
3. I only see improvement when i select POP mode with 80%, not much difference in HD and Game mode and lower selection doesn't make any difference (lesser than 60).

Does anyone familiar with this issue and have an idea to fix/suggested fix otherwise i'm considering it to return back to AV Science.

Currently Software version is 2.8.2205 and Firmware version is 1.3.21. I also came to know there is newr s/w 2.8.2214, will have all this issue fixed? I was about to buy another one but because of above glitch i have not.
post #3698 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I am having trouble with video flashing on and off with a Panny DMP-BDT215P through the Darbee. The player is connected directly to the Darbee and the Darbee direct to my Mitsubish WD-92840. The Panny was a replacement for a PIoneer BD-320. I have had no issues with the Darbee otherwise. I can have my DUO feeding the Darbee and that worked fine. To resolve some banding issues I wanted to test a bit perfect BD player. The Panny puts out a much better image than the Pioneer. My next step I guess will be to run the Panny through the DUO and see if the image is as clean as the Pioneer direct to the display.

I would really like to use the Panny BD player and the Darbee together without the DUO inline for awhile. I have an early DUO with current firmware but I am not sure about it. I am considering a Lumagen but can't really afford it right now.

So if anybody has one of the late Panny BD players and is using the Darbee with it successfully I would love your feedback. I have not tried a bunch of cable swaps as I have not ever had synch problems before.

Just another blank signature.
post #3699 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 03:03 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

If there is any HDCP incompatibility, you'll see green-screen instead of sparkles. Sparkles are resulted from interference and/or lack of bandwidth and/or lack of voltage getting into the display/projector.

Thanks, David. I'm hopeful I can get this solved by getting the cabling right. Trying to figure out the cleanest option. I only have the DVI-in on the projector. Would be cleanest to go with a 24AWG DVI - HDMI cable from the projector to the Darbee, but I'm not 100% sure I can replace that cable without creating some installation/calibration issues. Easier not to. (Projector is nestled pretty tight in a fan-ventilated soffit.) I'm okay losing DirecTV projection - since I only use it maybe twice a year anyway - so a direct run is workable.
post #3700 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Can someone confirm the latest firmaware of this unit? I am getting it online as some sites are still selling it at the old price and the new one is to high. I was told that it is coming with the latest firmaware and want to be able to confirm when I receive it

Thanks!
post #3701 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 05:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 283
I am at a friend's house. I brought my Darblet over the try it with his RS-45. As soon as we plug it into the HDMI circuit, we get a loud audible hum through the speakers. This is not a 60 Hz hum; it is a higher frequency than that. We have tried plugging it into multiple outlets on different AC circuits to no avail. I don't have any problem with it in my own system. Any ideas?

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #3702 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab View Post

Can someone confirm the latest firmaware of this unit? I am getting it online as some sites are still selling it at the old price and the new one is to high. I was told that it is coming with the latest firmaware and want to be able to confirm when I receive it
Thanks!

Mine is showing SW ver 2.8.2214, FW ver 1.3.21
post #3703 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Quote:

They should work fine. Even better on longer runs over 15'. Make sure you connect the cable in the correct manner, the data stream path is oneway on those cables.
post #3704 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

Last weekend, I saw a demo of the Sony VPL-VW10000ES 4K projector at a friends' house; I brought my Darblet at his request. What an amazing projector! The Darblet definitely resulted in an improvement to the picture quality. We popped in How To Train Your Dragon, and it looked great. It actually looked 3-Dimensional to me, and the Darblet seemed to increase the "depth" of that affect. I really wish I could afford one of those projectors! I also wonder if JVC's E-shift2 in their 2013 projectors would get me most of the way there at 25% of the cost (for an RS48/X55).
Mark

eshift and darby photos
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet/1410#post_22270091
post #3705 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Mine is showing SW ver 2.8.2214, FW ver 1.3.21

Mine shows the same. Purchased from AVS about a month ago, I think.
post #3706 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 06:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarki View Post

Mine shows the same. Purchased from AVS about a month ago, I think.

Ditto for me.

post #3707 of 8055 Old 09-20-2012, 06:42 PM

Ah!! Thanks for the heads up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnabq View Post

They should work fine. Even better on longer runs over 15'. Make sure you connect the cable in the correct manner, the data stream path is oneway on those cables.
post #3708 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post

I am having trouble with video flashing on and off with a Panny DMP-BDT215P through the Darbee. The player is connected directly to the Darbee and the Darbee direct to my Mitsubish WD-92840. The Panny was a replacement for a PIoneer BD-320. I have had no issues with the Darbee otherwise. I can have my DUO feeding the Darbee and that worked fine. To resolve some banding issues I wanted to test a bit perfect BD player. The Panny puts out a much better image than the Pioneer. My next step I guess will be to run the Panny through the DUO and see if the image is as clean as the Pioneer direct to the display.
I would really like to use the Panny BD player and the Darbee together without the DUO inline for awhile. I have an early DUO with current firmware but I am not sure about it. I am considering a Lumagen but can't really afford it right now.
So if anybody has one of the late Panny BD players and is using the Darbee with it successfully I would love your feedback. I have not tried a bunch of cable swaps as I have not ever had synch problems before.

The Darblet doesn't support ARC & it may not deal with CEC properly. I would disable those features in every piece of equipment in the video chain. You can disable CEC in the Mitsubishi's Inputs menu -> HDMI Control. In the BD player, turn off VIERA Link. If the signal's passing through an AVR, disable ARC & any HDMI Control options there too.
post #3709 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 08:06 AM

"...So if anybody has one of the late Panny BD players and is using the Darbee with it successfully I would love your feedback. I have not tried a bunch of cable swaps as I have not ever had synch problems before....."

I'm using it with a Panasonic BDP220 ...in a word..excellent! Switching between game @55 and HD @55 smile.gif
post #3710 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:

As jnabq stated, they are one-way directional. Otherwise, I was just curious. I have no experience with them and have only read the information provided through Monoprice.
post #3711 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
I received my Darblet today. The hook up is as follows:

Dune Prime 3.0 --> Denon AVR 4311 --> Video EQ Pro --> Darblet --> Panasonic AE-3000

Glad to report it is working and no image issues so far (touch wood).

Only downside relates to the power adapter, which died just 10 seconds after powering on the first time. Upon power on I noticed the red LED and green flashing LED, then 10 seconds later no lights at all. I noticed the adapter had no light. Taking it out and plugging back in made no difference. I borrowed the 5V adapter from my D-link network switch which worked with the Darblet. Still, not impressed by the failure of the adapter. I hope AVS will replace it (since I got the Darblet from them).
post #3712 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo23 View Post

Thanks, David. I'm hopeful I can get this solved by getting the cabling right. Trying to figure out the cleanest option.

Just wanted to echo the gratitude to David and others who have chimed in on the "sparklies" issue. Before attempting a bunch of cabling swaps, I tried just reducing my resolution output from 1080/60 to 720/60 (native for my PJ anyway), and that cleared up 99% of the sparklies. So it would appear that for my case, the addition of the Darblet and/or that extra 6' run of cable is resulting in the noise problem I'm seeing.

As suggested earlier, I have an in-line HDMI equalizer en route from Monoprice to hopefully boost the signal enough that I can resume 1080/60 output. I'll let you know whether it does the trick.
post #3713 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 AM

Cool. Got a notice that the cable has been delivered and sitting on my front porch. Hope to try it tonight and see if it helps.
Quote:

As jnabq stated, they are one-way directional. Otherwise, I was just curious. I have no experience with them and have only read the information provided through Monoprice.
post #3714 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 10:06 AM

Liked: 13
I just returned my Darbee that I had for like 3 days. I had it hooked up to my Panasonic 65" VT50 Plasma.

Reasons:

1) I could notice some improvement, but only if I would continuously toggle back and forth between on and off. If I would just watch not knowing if it was on or off, I wouldn't be able to tell if it was on or off. I even had trouble with blu-rays knowing whether it was on or off unless I would toggle back and forth. I mainly wanted it to improve the look of baseball on my TV, and I didn't notice any real improvement.

2) Crappy remote: Sometimes the device would simply stop responding to remote pushes. Sometimes you would have to mash on the remote, other times it would be completely unresponsive.

3) Automatically turning on and off: Twice in three days, the device totally powered down spontaneously, causing my TV to go black for about 10 seconds, before the device would power back up. When it would power back up, all of the settings would be reset to factory default.
For $289 (price I paid on amazon), I expected more. Given the equivocal improvement in the picture I was noticing, it was a no-brainer for me to return it given issues #2 and #3 discussed above.
post #3715 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Can someone confirm the latest firmaware of this unit?

I will be receiving a newly stocked unit (arrived straight from the factory yesterday).

It should be here sometime next week. ...Keep everyone updated as to what the latest revisions are.
post #3716 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

1) Thanks for confirming the revisions guys appreciate it

2) I have a long run between my receiver and the projector. A bit worried that I am going to have issues but we shall see. Is there a recommendation though to do I put the darbee with the receiver so Receiver - Short HDMI run - Darbee - Long HDMI run - Projector. Or do I put it with the projector (I have a false ceiling hole and power outlet so I can put the darbee there) which would be a Receiver - long HDMI run - Darbee - short HDMI run - projector

Thanks!
post #3717 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As suggested earlier, I have an in-line HDMI equalizer en route from Monoprice to hopefully boost the signal enough that I can resume 1080/60 output. I'll let you know whether it does the trick.

Can you give me the product number once you confirm if it works.

I have an old HDMI splitter that is on the fritz so probably may as well get a splitter & amplifier all in one but would be curios to what you think about your purchase first
post #3718 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUPPPP View Post

I just returned my Darbee that I had for like 3 days. I had it hooked up to my Panasonic 65" VT50 Plasma.
Reasons:
1) I could notice some improvement, but only if I would continuously toggle back and forth between on and off. If I would just watch not knowing if it was on or off, I wouldn't be able to tell if it was on or off. I even had trouble with blu-rays knowing whether it was on or off unless I would toggle back and forth. I mainly wanted it to improve the look of baseball on my TV, and I didn't notice any real improvement.
2) Crappy remote: Sometimes the device would simply stop responding to remote pushes. Sometimes you would have to mash on the remote, other times it would be completely unresponsive.
3) Automatically turning on and off: Twice in three days, the device totally powered down spontaneously, causing my TV to go black for about 10 seconds, before the device would power back up. When it would power back up, all of the settings would be reset to factory default.
For $(price I paid on amazon), I expected more. Given the equivocal improvement in the picture I was noticing, it was a no-brainer for me to return it given issues #2 and #3 discussed above.

I wanted a definitive answer as to why mine and so many others are have reset issues with Darbee.Could not get answer here so i wrote to the company.Emailed me back this morning saying they were confused by my email and wanted to know if i was changing settings a lot when i had reset.I told them many have reported this incident on the forum.I in fact has just put in a mode change when mine reset .Hopefully they will give me that definitive answer soon..Dont want to know after warranty expires that its going to get worse and was defective

Matt
post #3719 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I've had my darblet for about 2 weeks now, and there are no problems at all (I believe I have the latest firmware..have to check). The people that don't really see the effect on certain material is to be expected, however I'm basing this on a JVC RS20 with a 115" scope screen. I have now kept mine at GAME 50%, as that gives me just enough 'pop' that doesn't detract from the experience. I watched Star Wars ep. 2, and while the demo mode clearly shows a difference (when the movie paused), I feel that this 'effect' really does make a difference to moving images; whether not as apparent on Star Wars, I does wonders for just about any other bluray I have thrown at it. Like I stated a few pages back, it gave the movie, Contact, new life, as the darbee has done to many other films as well. Just my .0002

PS. If you are on the fence about buying this, and have a projector like me, GO FOR IT AND GIVE IT A GO...... cool.gif

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS

post #3720 of 8055 Old 09-21-2012, 10:54 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

I recently finished my complex HDMI distribution setup with the Darblet in the mix, and wanted to say it all works like a charm, even with a mix of Blue Jeans Cable (Belden Series) HDMI cables in the following lenghts: 1-foot, 2-foot, 3-foot, 4-foot, 5-foot, 6-foot, 25-foot, and 45-foot. I am going to try two Darblets in series after I get my original one updated with the new firmware. Here is my diagram:
HDMI Distribution & Switching Diagram.pdf 985k .pdf file
Mark

Quote:

1) Thanks for confirming the revisions guys appreciate it
2) I have a long run between my receiver and the projector. A bit worried that I am going to have issues but we shall see. Is there a recommendation though to do I put the darbee with the receiver so Receiver - Short HDMI run - Darbee - Long HDMI run - Projector. Or do I put it with the projector (I have a false ceiling hole and power outlet so I can put the darbee there) which would be a Receiver - long HDMI run - Darbee - short HDMI run - projector
Thanks!

I know it is difficult to follow this fast-moving thread, but see my quoted post above. I have an extremely convoluted setup and it works. Keep in mind the cables I buy are a little more expensive than Monoprice, but I have never had an issue, so that is priceless to me.

Mark
Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page