post #4231 of 8107 Old 10-13-2012, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Redmere hdmi cables do not like breaks in the chain. They are designed to go directly from source to tv or projector or issues may arise. I was told this directly by Cable Mart.

My signal path is also direct and unbroken as far as the redmere is concerned. The 'source' is the Darblet ---> 50-ft Redmere cable ---> TV

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4232 of 8107 Old 10-13-2012, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This seems like an interesting device, however the proof is in the pudding... Anyone know where I can view a demo in Sacramento/ San Francisco area?
post #4233 of 8107 Old 10-13-2012, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogAnalyst View Post

This seems like an interesting device, however the proof is in the pudding... Anyone know where I can view a demo in Sacramento/ San Francisco area?

For now, you check their website to compare still photos of before and after its processing. They are a bit over-processed but you can dial it down on the actual device.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #4234 of 8107 Old 10-13-2012, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabalocker View Post

I use my Darbee with my PS3 and my 8500ub/8350. There is a bit of a difference in shadowed areas but don't really notice a huge difference compared to blu-ray. I play MW3 and NHL 13 and don't notice much with my setup. Again, I notice a lot when watching Blu-rays.
I don't notice much lag but again I have sloth like reflexes. My KD for MW3 is around 1.8 so lag is not all that bad. I use both the 8500Ub and 8350 for gaming and can't tell the difference between the two in lag time.
I'm thinking of getting the BenQ w7000 that's on sale at Costco. Will I notice a difference between LCD and DLP for gaming?

Thanks. The information was helpful. Wow on the BenQ w7000 find @ Costco! Where and how much are they asking?
post #4235 of 8107 Old 10-13-2012, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Thanks. The information was helpful. Wow on the BenQ w7000 find @ Costco! Where and how much are they asking?

Talking about pricing (especially Costco pricing) is a forum faux pas apparently. Google is your friend. smile.gif

(I will say that from what I saw the sale ends on the 14th, so better get on it)

post #4236 of 8107 Old 10-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
$400 less than the average price. If I were to guess on an average price $2199? (-$400)
post #4237 of 8107 Old 10-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

DLP doesn't suffer the motion blur typically associated with LCD. That said, I have a DLP projector and a LCD tv and both are fantastic for gaming, imho. You will notice a significant increase in sharpness with the BenQ, though, as it is a super sharp projector. Oh, and DLP 3D is complete and utter awesomesauce. Way, way, better than the theater and anything else offered for the home. You have a PS3 - the first time you play Uncharted 3 3D on your (soon to get?) BenQ you will be totally floored - it's that good.
Not supposed to mention pricing, but as per your post I've gotta say, wow! Get it.

Getting it when I wake up! I tried talking myself out of it but caved! Now I'll have three projectors with the fourth coming this winter (Epson 5020, retiring the 8500UB)....oh forgot to mention, all being processed by the Darbee. I do like the Darbee (for Blu-ray).
post #4238 of 8107 Old 10-13-2012, 11:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 668
I ran in to the first content I had issues with using the Darblet. AMC has been running "The Walking Dead" today so I looked at a little bit of it. The Darblet made it look worse. So I put my Algolith HDMI FLea back in the HDMI chain from my TiVo and kept the Darblet in there as well. I do like the results. I have the Flea set very low for reducing the noise and then with the Darblet you still get the sharpness of the image. I'm going to throw my TiVo on an HDMI splitter so I can have an output from the TiVo without the Flea(plus the Flea is only HDMI 1.2 so I need an output with HDMI 1,3 fro Netflix)) and one with the Flea for content with alot of noise in the picture.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #4239 of 8107 Old 10-14-2012, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I ran in to the first content I had issues with using the Darblet. AMC has been running "The Walking Dead" today so I looked at a little bit of it. The Darblet made it look worse. So I put my Algolith HDMI FLea back in the HDMI chain from my TiVo and kept the Darblet in there as well. I do like the results. I have the Flea set very low for reducing the noise and then with the Darblet you still get the sharpness of the image. I'm going to throw my TiVo on an HDMI splitter so I can have an output from the TiVo without the Flea(plus the Flea is only HDMI 1.2 so I need an output with HDMI 1,3 fro Netflix)) and one with the Flea for content with alot of noise in the picture.

Aaron, are you saying that the Darblet made the faces of the actors on The Walking Dead look like they had rotting flesh? wink.gif
post #4240 of 8107 Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Darbee a winner on my system, now if I could only win one for the Wife!

My LG 55LHX has a Darbee in line from my iScan Duo to my LG 55LHX. Found a more precise CMS AutoCal calibration with the Darbee sitting at
my Normal setting. Before Calibration found the Max I could go was HD50 to 60%. Afterwards - 80%, but for long time viewing - now at 70%.
Did my last Calibration set to 70%. Also found after calibrating without the Darbee (Completely Removed), inserting the Darbee after, then
taking a complete reading, my results showed a somewhat elevated Red level. So I now leave the Darbee in during the whole calibration proceedure!
post #4241 of 8107 Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I had same feeling with Walking dead season 2 on dvd and darbee.It was the first thing i watched with new Darbee but now its three weeks later and i could not live without this amazing device.Walking Dead was just a poor,low bit dvd transfer and it was suppose to look dark and dull based on the way it was filmed.

Matt
post #4242 of 8107 Old 10-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Aaron, are you saying that the Darblet made the faces of the actors on The Walking Dead look like they had rotting flesh? wink.gif

Award for Line of the Day!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #4243 of 8107 Old 10-14-2012, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm using a 35' Redmere cable with no problems. Source>Denon 1912>Darbee>Epson 6010. Works perfect

Joe V.
post #4244 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
@DarbeeDR:

What is the status of the ARC issue? Are there plans for a fix for existing owners?

Thanks,
Sean
post #4245 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 121
So I had a buddy over and we watched Avengers 3D. It was awesome and sucktastic at the same time. I turned on everything, but I forgot to turn on the power bar to the Darbee. When I did, the Darbee started up as per usual. However, I could not figure out how to get rid of the "Darbee 50" logo on the right hand side of the screen. I felt like I tried everything. Normally it would go away after a few seconds, but it stayed there. I didn't want to piss around taking the darbee out of the loop, so we just got used to it being there. Has this happened to others? Sorry if this has been asked before, but seriously this thread is 141 pages long.

post #4246 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 369
go to the setup menu and you can kill the logo from there.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #4247 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Now that I have had some time with the Darbee, I recommend it even more. Sometimes the picture is nothing short of stunning, the way everything just "pops" without looking over processed. Intricate designs on people's ties or clothing, their facial features, even glistening sweat are so lifelike.
This device is not to make bad source material better, in fact it very well could make it worse. So very poor SD, or an overly compressed picture probably will not benefit from the use of a Darbee. But decent HD to good HD, even a good SD picture, certainly Blue-ray, etc... just look "wow" sometimes. Just resist turning it up too much which for me is over 50 to 55% using the Game mode on my 55" LG LCD TV. I would guess most people will be between 45 to 55%, on either the HD or Game mode.
post #4248 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Darbee Vision Darblet introduction video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwrtdJAb-gA

$249 MSRP no more mad.gif

I was just about to purchase one.

I will wait it out then.
post #4249 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post

As long as the Darblet is functional, just turn off the LED's in the menu. We all know by now that this is really a beta release of the upcoming Fidelio, and I'm just happy I have the $269 version wink.gif

After reading the expert reviews, I would say the Darblet is here to stay, but it's now the $349 version.

what's the hardware/firmware difference between all 3 versions?

(there was the $249 version, the $269 version, and now the $349 version.)
post #4250 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyTV View Post

After reading the expert reviews, I would say the Darblet is here to stay, but it's now the $349 version.
what's the hardware/firmware difference between all 3 versions?
(there was the $249 version, the $269 version, and now the $349 version.)

They are all the same product, except with the 'older' ones having the older firm/software (which can be sent in to have updated for free). I believe I have the newest firmware on my Darblet which I bought a month ago. I just happened to get the better price....

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS

post #4251 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I just received a new darblet.

The unit does not work yet.

SA 8300HD Cablebox –> Integra DTR 8-9 receiver –> darbee –> Panasonic GT30

Very strange. No video or audio when darbee in the chain. Should get at least audio as audio goes from cable box to reciever. As soon as Darbee is connected to the receiver, the receiver shows NO Signal. When darbee is disconnected, audio as normal. Never get video, even when selecting menu.

Almost as if HDCP is failing.
post #4252 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 40
try turning things on in different orders; e.g., power up cablebox, then display, then receiver. Also, it is best to actually have a LONGER HDMI RUN from darblet to display, as some people here have had success with.

First, try resetting the darblet by unplugging it. then perform the above, while holding a magic wand wink.gif Check your 'color space' and set deep color on your source and display to 'off'. It's also good on your Integra to TURN OFF VIDEO PROCESSING AND SET TO 'PASSTHRU'.....

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS

post #4253 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 12:18 PM

Darbee is waiting for me at home, just delivered. I am looking for some advice to setup in my system.

Comcast Cable Box & PS3 > Pioneer SC-27 > Epson 6010
BD HDMI > Epson 6010
BD Optical > Pioneer SC-27

I have the BD video going direct to projector because the SC-27 is not 3D ready. I have not tried it going through SC-27 because I do not know if it is a pass through or not on the SC-27.

So what should I do? Keep unplugging and movie Darbee depending on what I am watching? HDMI switch? Or forget about using Darbee with Comcast Cable and just use with BD player? Will the Darbee be effective with Comcast Cable?
post #4254 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Been waiting more and more with Darbee after a few months now, and found that with my setting (Gaming 40%), I found it more and more artificial... I guess it is time for me to switch to HD mode and may try a lower%. You guys experience same thing too?
post #4255 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post

I just received a new darblet.
The unit does not work yet.
Cablebox –> Integra receiver –> darbee –> Panasonic GT30
Very strange. No video or audio when darbee in the chain. Should get at least audio as audio goes from cable box to reciever. As soon as Darbee is connected to the receiver, the receiver shows NO Signal. When darbee is disconnected, audio as normal. Never get video, even when selecting menu.
Almost as if HDCP is failing.

Is it getting power? I have an HDMI splitter. Input is from my satellite tv receiver, one output goes directly to the TV, the other to the audio receiver than to the TV. I can put the darbee before the splitter, or between the audio receiver and the TV and it works.
post #4256 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

Been waiting more and more with Darbee after a few months now, and found that with my setting (Gaming 40%), I found it more and more artificial... I guess it is time for me to switch to HD mode and may try a lower%. You guys experience same thing too?

Not so far.
post #4257 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 01:50 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

try turning things on in different orders; e.g., power up cablebox, then display, then receiver. Also, it is best to actually have a LONGER HDMI RUN from darblet to display, as some people here have had success with.
First, try resetting the darblet by unplugging it. then perform the above, while holding a magic wand wink.gif Check your 'color space' and set deep color on your source and display to 'off'. It's also good on your Integra to TURN OFF VIDEO PROCESSING AND SET TO 'PASSTHRU'.....

Tried that, no luck. AVR processes signal OK with darbee in the signal path until TV is turned on.. Then, audio stops, and AVR displays NO SIGNAL. Working with Darbee support. Tried it on another TV, ROKU -> Darbee -> Sony, and it worked fine. HDMI handshakes / HDCP must be the isssue. Tried different HDMI cables with no luck.
post #4258 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They are all the same product, except with the 'older' ones having the older firm/software (which can be sent in to have updated for free). I believe I have the newest firmware on my Darblet which I bought a month ago. I just happened to get the better price....

I pass at the current price.
not sure why they would have such a large increase in price.

not a bait and switch, but not far off considering most people posting on this thread got it when the MSRP was less than $300.
good time to be an early adoptor, not the norm... but it happens.
post #4259 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 02:32 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

When I first hooked up the Darbee, I cranked it up so the effect really popped. After the novelty wore off, I realized it looked a bit over processed and began dialing it back. I arrived at Gaming 50 which is about perfect for my setup.
post #4260 of 8107 Old 10-15-2012, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyTV View Post

I pass at the current price.

To me (and probably most of the posters here who have it), I would still buy it at the higher price. Of course I'm coming from the luxury of already having the darbee smile.gif

I had to pay sales tax anyway, so it was something like $294 total. At the time, none of the non-tax sites had it in stock any cheaper.

Since I believe they still have a generous return policy (at least AVS does), you can at least try one out and decide for yourself. At worst you'd be out shipping costs, at best you'll have a PQ improvement that no other device can do at the current price, or perhaps even at any price.
Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page