Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #6121 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Hmmm, never had the Darbee resets itself but lately I always -- without exception -- have to unplug and replug the power to my Darbee when I want to use my projector.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6122 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Darbee "Effect" - Computational Image Enhancement

As I was watching the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Broadcast last night - - with my Darblet on, of course (Samsung 65 LCD/LED ES8000) - - I couldn't help but be amazed, again, at the incredible picture enhancement from the Darbee Darblet.

I occasionally "toggle" the Darblet on and off with various source material to see the "effect" on parts of the screen. I also reread the Darbee "Whitepaper" again regarding "Stereovision" and "Luminance Modulation."

To those who are researching the Darblet and wondering if it's right for you AND what it does - - here is my best explanation: It all gets down to "Luminance" - color brightness, pop and depth - - without artifacts. I'm sure other folks far more technical than myself can better explain - - but the picture enhancement and beautiful, bright colors and depth are really remarkable.

I already have a great picture (satellite & bluray) - - but I would find it hard to watch my TV and projector without the Darblet. Simply amazing! smile.gif

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #6123 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 162
The reset hits me random, 2-3 times in 2 weeks, then nothing for 1-2 months.

A side annoyance, the real PQ improvement offsets that.

Yes, I'm drunk on the kool aid.

Sent from my 32GB iPhone4 using Tapatalk
post #6124 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Hmmm, never had the Darbee resets itself but lately I always -- without exception -- have to unplug and replug the power to my Darbee when I want to use my projector.

David - - I had the same problem but it was fixed once I went with the Monoprice splitter. Now - - everything goes through HDMI 1 "Out" from my Pioneer SC65 receiver to the Darblet (in) and out to the Monoprice splitter to my Sammy 65" LCD/LED and BenQ W1080ST projector.

Zero HDMMI handshake issues since I added the Monoprice splitter AND stopped trying to change from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 "Out" from my receiver. Plus I get to use the Darblet for both my TV's!

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #6125 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

Darbee "Effect" - Computational Image Enhancement

As I was watching the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Broadcast last night - - with my Darblet on, of course (Samsung 65 LCD/LED ES8000) - - I couldn't help but be amazed, again, at the incredible picture enhancement from the Darbee Darblet.

I occasionally "toggle" the Darblet on and off with various source material to see the "effect" on parts of the screen. I also reread the Darbee "Whitepaper" again regarding "Stereovision" and "Luminance Modulation."

To those who are researching the Darblet and wondering if it's right for you AND what it does - - here is my best explanation: It all gets down to "Luminance" - color brightness, pop and depth - - without artifacts. I'm sure other folks far more technical than myself can better explain - - but the picture enhancement and beautiful, bright colors and depth are really remarkable.

I already have a great picture (satellite & bluray) - - but I would find it hard to watch my TV and projector without the Darblet. Simply amazing! smile.gif

EXACTLY, bang on ! biggrin.gif Great brief summary.. the white paper is a good read also for anyone with/or considering the Darblet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

Yeah same here, I think most of us here are, good stuff for sure, can't go wrong, you'll never look back after seeing this beauty biggrin.gifcool.gif

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #6126 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
My take on the Darbee resetting itself is the more you play with it and make numerous changes the more likely it wants to reset itself. I don't make many changes and could be why I have had only one rest since I bought it last year in June. Just a theory on my part.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #6127 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 09:12 AM

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

My take on the Darbee resetting itself is the more you play with it and make numerous changes the more likely it wants to reset itself. I don't make many changes and could be why I have had only one rest since I bought it last year in June. Just a theory on my part.

Just as well Darbee only make picture enhancement devices then rather than say aeroplane parts I guess............lol.

Collingwood Magpies 2010 AFL Premiers
post #6128 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4daisy View Post

Just as well Darbee only make picture enhancement devices than rather than say aeroplane parts I guess............lol.

And now you know why a single valve for a certified engine can cost as much as a garden tractor. Failure is not an option.

BTW, my Darbee has reset once in the 5 months I've owned it.
post #6129 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 12:15 PM

Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

Oh great this is just what I want to hear rolleyes.gif
post #6130 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
My Darbee reset a few times months ago when i was changing settings a lot.Ive left it alone for a long while at one setting and it has not reset itself.

Matt
post #6131 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 05:41 PM

Would you believe it mine reset today after reading the reset posts! eek.gif Typical lol.
I've had it less than a week. I wasn't even changing settings, the last time was two days ago.

After thinking long and hard, I'm going to return mine.
Ill wait for v2, hopefully they'll have build quality/cheap components, chassis and bugs worked out.

I really do like the effect, but not with all this dirty baggage....
post #6132 of 8055 Old 05-19-2013, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieandchips View Post

Would you believe it mine reset today after reading the reset posts! eek.gif Typical lol.
I've had it less than a week. I wasn't even changing settings, the last time was two days ago.

Ill wait for v2, hopefully they'll have build quality/cheap components, chassis and bugs worked out.

Yeah... I think if mine were such a pain in the @$$ I'd return it too. Sorry it hasn't worked out for you.
post #6133 of 8055 Old 05-20-2013, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't believe that a second version of the Darblet will ever come to fruition... it is what it is..

You could always get a projector with the Darbee Vision algorithms already integrated into it, there should be more and more of those in the near future, hopefully cool.gif

PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #6134 of 8055 Old 05-20-2013, 01:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
My Darbee stopped working after several hours of usage. The red light on the power adapter just pulses constantly (it should be lit instead). What does it mean? Is this a faulty power adapter? I also noticed it is quite noisy, there are constant buzzing on high APL scenes.
It's a shame, I paid 320$ + shipping for this and waited for over a month and this is what I get...
I use a cheap plug to convert US to Euro, like this one: http://www.amazon.com/US-to-European-Plug-Adapter/dp/B0012S304W
post #6135 of 8055 Old 05-20-2013, 03:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 326
The US to EU adapter is not the problem. Maybe the power adapter is at fault. However I never experienced that problem so I can't say for sure whether the problem is with the power adapter or the Darblet itself.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #6136 of 8055 Old 05-20-2013, 03:44 AM
AVS Special Member

The LED on the power adapter pulses even without Darblet plugged in. If plugged in then a green LED on Darblet flashes also. When Darbee was operating both red and green LEDs were lit constantly.
post #6137 of 8055 Old 05-20-2013, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Guys: the Darblet should not be resetting itself. This device is by no means a mainstream device, so it is important to contact Darbee and let them know about these issues so they can rectify them.
It is great to compare notes about the device on threads such as this, but if you want this device to work better, you need to provide feedback directly to Darbee...
post #6138 of 8055 Old 05-20-2013, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post

Guys: the Darblet should not be resetting itself. This device is by no means a mainstream device, so it is important to contact Darbee and let them know about these issues so they can rectify them.
It is great to compare notes about the device on threads such as this, but if you want this device to work better, you need to provide feedback directly to Darbee...

Darbeevision is well aware of the issue and are working on a fix, but that has been awhile now.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #6139 of 8055 Old 05-20-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Darbeevision is well aware of the issue and are working on a fix, but that has been awhile now.

Lets hope you're right on this one

post #6140 of 8055 Old 05-20-2013, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

After thinking long and hard, I'm going to return mine ... I really do like the effect, but not with all this dirty baggage.

Pie, that may absolutely be the right choice for you, and you may have already sent your Darblet back. I had show-stopping EDID problems after I dropped the Darblet in place. It was a total nightmare. But those problems blew up only after I'd had a chance to see the Darbee effect, and start playing around with what it could do in various situations. Crap. Addicted already.

So I started by making all the Darbee-friendly component setting changes described elsewhere in this thread. There is no reason to think those changes alone will resolve your issue, but the cabling technology you're using may also be a contributing cause. I know your HTS was completely stable pre-Darblet. Mine was too. My devices only started to have trouble communicating with each other after the Darblet joined the party.

In addition to switching everything over to Darbee-friendly settings, I also had to (1) replace a matrix switch (which had always worked fine) with a simpler HDMI splitter, (2) update a couple of HDMI cables to the latest generation of HDMI build, (3) make sure every HDMI cable in the HTS was least 6 feet long, and (4) replace my longest HDMI run with a powered Redmere HDMI cable.

After doing all of that, and only after doing all of that, I now have a fully stable stream from all sources with the Darblet now sitting in place at the end of my chain, between the AVR and projector. I'm about a month post-fix now. It all works simply and consistently. I am so glad I screwed around with it, even though I wondered more than once along the way whether I'd completely lost my mind.

In your post where you describe how your equipment is connected, you do not mention how long your HDMI runs are, nor what versions of HDMI cables you are using. The Darbee has had multiple reported problems with any HDMI run of less than 6 feet involved. Reflection or something. Also, the powered cable on the longer run proved absolutely necessary in my case. None of that was needed until the Darblet was part of the chain.

I worked with a good guy at Darbee to help get my issues sorted. If you are interested in pursuing this, PM me and I will put you in touch with him. There is also a tech support / customer service email address on their website that will get the ball rolling.

Pass the Kool-Aid. biggrin.gif

Every once in a while, completely inexplicably, things actually go according to plan.
post #6141 of 8055 Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 AM

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckg1 View Post

Does anyone on the forum have one of these yet and if so, any impressions?

I found the Darbee quite by accident -- I fully expected it to be a farce, but several very hard nose users gave it good reviews. To find out I ordered one and after 2 hours I can say without reservation -- The Darbee Darblet is AMAZING. Especially on 3D. My Sony HW30 is very good on its own, and I am using an Oppo 103 as a source, but it's a whole new game with the Darbee in the circuit.

'Good' sources are notably better, but excellent sources become incredible. While watching the Avengers in 3D, the screen disappears and becomes a window onto a vibrant 3D world. The scene in the control room -- the room is rendered in a remarkable 3D while the Directors being viewed on flat screens look entirely two dimensional, just like it would in, well, reality.

At first I was ready to be disappointed by the plastic chiclet case, but it makes so much sense now. The device is vanishingly small and easy to hide, and I'm happy to pay $320 for the plastic case rather than another $500 for a deluxe milled aluminum rackmount that looks cool but puts nothing more on the screen.

The Darbee Darblet is a winner. Buy it. Buy it now.

. . . Why are you still hanging around the forum -- go order it!!!!
post #6142 of 8055 Old 05-22-2013, 09:30 AM

post #6143 of 8055 Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Fire View Post

^ You appear to have a dodgy pixel biggrin.gif
post #6144 of 8055 Old 05-22-2013, 06:44 PM

Liked: 12
Been using my Darblet alot and it really is one of the best pieces of equipment i have ever bought. the increased picture quality and sharpness on my AE4000 is just night and day.
post #6145 of 8055 Old 05-22-2013, 07:51 PM

Liked: 10
So I've had my Darblet for a little less than a week and I love it. Tried it on a small LED and it was good. Moved it to my old RPTV and via the BDP it's great. It has done wonders via IPTV HD. The sweeping demo mode really shows this thing off. Still playing around with the settings but so far HD at 60% is what I've set it at. Best $300 i've spent. I can only imagine what the picture would look like displayed on a new TV. Damn thing is making me want to find out sooner than I had planned for.
post #6146 of 8055 Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigly1 View Post

So I've had my Darblet for a little less than a week and I love it. Tried it on a small LED and it was good. Moved it to my old RPTV and via the BDP it's great. It has done wonders via IPTV HD. The sweeping demo mode really shows this thing off. Still playing around with the settings but so far HD at 60% is what I've set it at. Best $300 i've spent. I can only imagine what the picture would look like displayed on a new TV. Damn thing is making me want to find out sooner than I had planned for.

Yes, this thing is so easy and so good it should be on every billboard and every flat surface everywhere.

They say doubt anything that is too good to be true. In my long life and having been burned many times, this is the exception. Wish I had invented it. Too cool for cool.

Buy it. Wear it out. Buy another.

I can't wait to see what it does for a pure native 4K rig. I will post my impression in 3-4 years when such things exist.

I know, 4K flat screens are here, 4K DVD players and software will ship this year. Projectors lag these things and I need to let the newness wear off for a season or so
so I don't feel exploited. After that, exploited or not I will buy. Then I will buy the new hot 4K Darbee unless they go Hollywood on us.
post #6147 of 8055 Old 05-22-2013, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Fire View Post

Projectors lag these things

Actually the Sony 4k projector beat all the 4k flat panels to market by quite a large margin. But it does cost a lot more.
post #6148 of 8055 Old 05-23-2013, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

Actually the Sony 4k projector beat all the 4k flat panels to market by quite a large margin. But it does cost a lot more.

Sure. I was referring to price point and models available. 4K flat screens are popping up from several OEMs -- to date
there is the one Sony projector with true 4K aimed at our market, and it is well above my budget. I would consider breaking the
bank and going for it, but the Sony doesn't support HDMI 2.0, the color depth standard for 4K is apparently still being discussed,
and in 3-4 years projectors will be $4-5000 with better specs.

JVC has their wobbulation 4K, but ironically when true 4K arrives, the JVCs will not play it.
post #6149 of 8055 Old 05-23-2013, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes, and all that is true too... all of it. I see your point.
post #6150 of 8055 Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elix View Post

My Darbee stopped working after several hours of usage. The red light on the power adapter just pulses constantly (it should be lit instead). What does it mean? Is this a faulty power adapter? I also noticed it is quite noisy, there are constant buzzing on high APL scenes.
It's a shame, I paid 320$ + shipping for this and waited for over a month and this is what I get...
I use a cheap plug to convert US to Euro, like this one: http://www.amazon.com/US-to-European-Plug-Adapter/dp/B0012S304W
Reporting. The culprit was the power adapter. In an electronic parts store that adapter was tested and it didn't give 5 VDC, it was outputting 3.5-4 VDC. A new power adapter fixed the issue and now my Darbee is working!
Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page