11Likes

post #6391 of 8050 Old 06-26-2013, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

I might be the one confused. I thought they only had a 90 day warranty. At least that was what I understood when I bought it last year. Anyway mine has been running great since I got one last August.

Edit: looks like they increased the warranty period.

That's what I was thinking. SOLD! Just bought one via Amazon on the Amex for an additional 1 year of coverage for a total of 2 years.

Hope I don't have handshake issues. I've got 6 foot runs to a switcher and then 16 feet from there to the projector. I'll add it just before the projector with a 5 foot HDMI. We'll see...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6392 of 8050 Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp06011999 View Post

That's what I was thinking. SOLD! Just bought one via Amazon on the Amex for an additional 1 year of coverage for a total of 2 years.

Hope I don't have handshake issues. I've got 6 foot runs to a switcher and then 16 feet from there to the projector. I'll add it just before the projector with a 5 foot HDMI. We'll see...

Good luck.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #6393 of 8050 Old 06-26-2013, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just setup my new darbee and did some comparisons on Daniel Craigs face in Skyfall with demo mode split screen and 60 percent on hi def. Wow every little detail on his face stands out and the look of the enhancement is amazing. Also makes u feel better about yourself when you see all the wrinkles on his face:) Anyway I am very happy with this product so far and ill give some more thoughts soon.
post #6394 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

I prefer to separate the audio and video and switch them separately. This way I can have the ability to display one source's sound and another source's video. I often have music playing while NFL is on. Therefore, I keep my video (HDMI) via a Belkin switcher and my audio (Toslink or coaxial) through the AVR.

Any decent modern receiver can display the video from one source while playing the audio from a different source.
post #6395 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp84 View Post

Just setup my new darbee and did some comparisons on Daniel Craigs face in Skyfall with demo mode split screen and 60 percent on hi def. Wow every little detail on his face stands out and the look of the enhancement is amazing. Also makes u feel better about yourself when you see all the wrinkles on his face:) Anyway I am very happy with this product so far and ill give some more thoughts soon.

Yeah, that's the first thing I noticed when I added the Darbee to my setup. It enhances everything, and that includes the flaws in people's skin. There are actresses that I always assumed had perfect skin, and I now realize that they are human too. I agree, there is something very comforting about this realization. Imagine when they start filming everything in 4K. It may become less about how good of an actor you are, and more about how your complexion looks on camera. smile.gif
post #6396 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by William L Carman View Post

I use a Darbee Darblet ... with an Epson 8700 UB projector ... does anyone know what video HDMI switch will work with the Darbee? I have both an HD DVD player from Toshiba, and an Oppo 95 Blu-ray player and would prefer to not keep manually changing cables...
Agreeing with the prior posts that have responded to your question, but adding an Epson-specific observation -- I now use a Monoprice Pro Series 1x2 HDMI Spliter (PID 7522). Zero drops or handshake problems. I had previously used a Monoprice 4x2 True Matrix HDMI Switch (PID 5312), but it didn't get along with the Epson 6020 very well, and I had recurring signal drops. (I have a second 5312 in an entirely different set-up, no Epson involved, and it works fine there.) A long HDMI run to the Epson was also part of the problem. Converting to the Pro Series Splitter and putting a Redmere on the long run solved the problem. Since you are running an Epson PJ, that experience with two different Monoprice switching solutions may be of interest to you. Each set-up is unique though. Good luck.
post #6397 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post

Imagine when they start filming everything in 4K ... it may become less about how good of an actor you are, and more about how your complexion looks on camera. smile.gif

I believe that ship has already sailed. biggrin.gif
post #6398 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post

Any decent modern receiver can display the video from one source while playing the audio from a different source.

Cool. So you can have the ability to choose a source for video and another source for audio right from the same receiver? Do you have to run audio cables to the receiver as well or does it actually separate the audio from the HDMI?

Thanks. Obviously I have not shopped receivers in a long time.
post #6399 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:

Cool. So you can have the ability to choose a source for video and another source for audio right from the same receiver? Do you have to run audio cables to the receiver as well or does it actually separate the audio from the HDMI?

Thanks. Obviously I have not shopped receivers in a long time.

It's very easy. I just play my video source (let's say HDTV) off the hdmi input on my AVR, go into the audio settings in AVR for that HDTV input, switch input sound from hdmi to optical, done. I'm watching the game while listening to music on TheSystem biggrin.gifcool.gif

Obviously you just need an optical cable running from your audio source (in my case airplay through apple tv3) to the optical in on the back of the AVR. When you're done listening to music, you just switch back the audio source in the AVR for that input to hdmi, now you're back to watching and listening to TV.

There might be other ways to do it but that's how I have mine setup - only need to change that one setting so for me it's simple and works well smile.gif

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #6400 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post

It's very easy. I just play my video source (let's say HDTV) off the hdmi input on my AVR, go into the audio settings in AVR for that HDTV input, switch input sound from hdmi to optical, done. I'm watching the game while listening to music on TheSystem biggrin.gifcool.gif

Obviously you just need an optical cable running from your audio source (in my case airplay through apple tv3) to the optical in on the back of the AVR. When you're done listening to music, you just switch back the audio source in the AVR for that input to hdmi, now you're back to watching and listening to TV.

There might be other ways to do it but that's how I have mine setup - only need to change that one setting so for me it's simple and works well smile.gif

I see, but that doesn't seem to allow you to pick from a multitude of other audio sources. It just seems to allow you to pick a different input for the sound (say optical) on that same AVR source/channel, correct?

What I was saying I liked was the ability to pick from a multitude of different audio sources, be it AUX, CD, Xbox, DVR, etc, with "Multitude" being the key. Your description sounds like a workaround that will allow you to pick one, maybe 2 audio sources separately from the video source you have on...if I understand you correctly.

I don't mean to hijack the thread so I'll go investigate this. Thanx
post #6401 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

I see, but that doesn't seem to allow you to pick from a multitude of other audio sources. It just seems to allow you to pick a different input for the sound (say optical) on that same AVR source/channel, correct?

What I was saying I liked was the ability to pick from a multitude of different audio sources, be it AUX, CD, Xbox, DVR, etc, with "Multitude" being the key. Your description sounds like a workaround that will allow you to pick one, maybe 2 audio sources separately from the video source you have on...if I understand you correctly.

You are absolutely correct from my experience with later HDMI recievers... much more of a workaround. I used to own a pre-HDMI Sony ES receiver that did allow you to select any other audio input and match it with any video source...
post #6402 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:

Yeah the number of inputs (for optical in..) on your AVR would be the limit of how many different options you have obviously..

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #6403 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post

You are absolutely correct from my experience with later HDMI recievers... much more of a workaround. I used to own a pre-HDMI Sony ES receiver that did allow you to select any other audio input and match it with any video source...

That would be me. I'm still kicking it with my pre-HDMI Sony STR-DE595.

I purchased and hooked up an HDMI AVR Sony about a year ago for a buddy and while I liked the simplicity of "one source, one cable", I took notice of what I would lose if I went that route.

I know, manufacturers continually create technology that "does it for you" but that's almost always at the expense of options. Like I always say, I don't know anything about computers, that's why I bought an Apple so I don't have to. lol
Hey, a better example for those of us over 40, remember "pump your breaks" to avoid locking them up. No ABS for us baby. We had the option to wreck. tongue.gif
post #6404 of 8050 Old 06-27-2013, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, it definitely get s a little complicated when HDMI is involved. I've never really understand why you can't watch one HDMI source while listening to the audio from another HDMI source. I'm pretty sure some high-end receivers will let you watch two HDMI sources at once on two different TV's, so it seems like it should technically be possible. I'm gonna go ahead and take a wild guess that it has something to do with HDCP copy protection. rolleyes.gif
post #6405 of 8050 Old 06-28-2013, 12:45 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by William L Carman

I use a Darbee Darblet ... with an Epson 8700 UB projector ... does anyone know what video HDMI switch will work with the Darbee? I have both an HD DVD player from Toshiba, and an Oppo 95 Blu-ray player and would prefer to not keep manually changing cables...

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-301BN-Premium-wireless-adapter/dp/B0049S6ZUS
post #6406 of 8050 Old 06-28-2013, 05:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just a word of caution that under Product Description it states: - Supports 3D, HDCP and all other HDMI 1.3 features, it doesn't mention HDMI 1.4.frown.gif
post #6407 of 8050 Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post

Just a word of caution that under Product Description it states: - Supports 3D, HDCP and all other HDMI 1.3 features, it doesn't mention HDMI 1.4.frown.gif

If he's not using or needs any 1.4 features, ARC, or 3d flagging, etc., then version 1.3 should be fine, but I did have problems with my Kinivo with my Epson and the 20' run, where my monoprice 3x1 enhanced unit worked ok. But I seem to recall another poster used it, (Kinivo) without any issues. I don't recall his display device or the run length?
post #6408 of 8050 Old 06-28-2013, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've been off this thread for a while, so apologies in advance if this issue has been covered over the past few weeks.

Every time I turn off my Integra pre/pro my Darbee keeps resetting itself to factory default i.e. Full Pop 100%, LED Intensity High etc. etc. This has only just started happening over the past couple of days after owning the Darbee for 5 months. Is there a fw update to fix this or is there something in the settings menu I'm missing?
post #6409 of 8050 Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalfox View Post

I've been off this thread for a while, so apologies in advance if this issue has been covered over the past few weeks.

Every time I turn off my Integra pre/pro my Darbee keeps resetting itself to factory default i.e. Full Pop 100%, LED Intensity High etc. etc. This has only just started happening over the past couple of days after owning the Darbee for 5 months. Is there a fw update to fix this or is there something in the settings menu I'm missing?

No fix, no update, no menu option... but yours is the first I've heard of that does this consistently. I would think Darbee would be interested in your specific case if they want to resolve this issue.
post #6410 of 8050 Old 06-29-2013, 06:15 AM

Liked: 37
If you want one of these and log into smarthome.com during this July 4th period, you are in for a VERY pleasant surprise.
post #6411 of 8050 Old 06-29-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

No fix, no update, no menu option... but yours is the first I've heard of that does this consistently. I would think Darbee would be interested in your specific case if they want to resolve this issue.

On Darbee's website it is mentioned in the FAQs: Why does my Darblet spontaneously reset to factory defaults? How do I fix it?
This is a bug that DarbeeVision is looking into and will release a patch for, if the cause can be determined.
rolleyes.gif
post #6412 of 8050 Old 06-29-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

If you want one of these and log into smarthome.com during this July 4th period, you are in for a VERY pleasant surprise.

He is correct. Just checked. Kinda bummed me out at first since I just paid $250 for the Cobalt on Amazon. However, the 20% off sale at Smarthome does NOT apply to the Cobalt.
It does apply to the 3D version Darblet, however. Makes it within $6 of the Cobalt.
post #6413 of 8050 Old 06-29-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:

He is correct. Just checked. Kinda bummed me out at first since I just paid $250 for the Cobalt on Amazon. However, the 20% off sale at Smarthome does NOT apply to the Cobalt.
It does apply to the 3D version Darblet, however. Makes it within $6 of the Cobalt.

That's why I posted this in the Darblet thread and not the Cobalt's. If you link out to SmartHome.com from Fatwallet or a similar website you get a 2% rebate saving another $5.
post #6414 of 8050 Old 06-29-2013, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:

On Darbee's website it is mentioned in the FAQs: Why does my Darblet spontaneously reset to factory defaults? How do I fix it?
This is a bug that DarbeeVision is looking into and will release a patch for, if the cause can be determined.
rolleyes.gif

This is exactly why I would think Darbee would be interested in a reproducible example of the problem. If I were a product manager with a problem as sporadic as this I'd be all over that example!
post #6415 of 8050 Old 06-29-2013, 11:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:

Thank for the tip, I've been waffling on pulling the trigger on the Darbee but that sale price made the decision easy! smile.gif
post #6416 of 8050 Old 06-29-2013, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 202
post #6417 of 8050 Old 06-29-2013, 04:22 PM

The brand new one on Smarthome is cheaper with the current coupon (BEFORE the rebate).
post #6418 of 8050 Old 06-29-2013, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

This is exactly why I would think Darbee would be interested in a reproducible example of the problem. If I were a product manager with a problem as sporadic as this I'd be all over that example!

Thanks for the feedback, mp and erkq. I sent a note to Larry, but from the website it looks like there is no immediate solution. Strange that this anomaly has only just kicked in after 4 months of normal operation.
post #6419 of 8050 Old 06-29-2013, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:

The brand new one on Smarthome is cheaper with the current coupon (BEFORE the rebate).

The new Premium is $320. The Cobalt is $270. There's now an open box Cobalt for $230.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #6420 of 8050 Old 06-30-2013, 01:00 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Thanks for the feedback, mp and erkq. I sent a note to Larry, but from the website it looks like there is no immediate solution. Strange that this anomaly has only just kicked in after 4 months of normal operation.

At times isolating issues is challenging. Examples of consistent Darblet mal-behavior are very helpful.

Since we are having trouble duplicating the issue in our lab, any additional information, such as cable lengths, equipment models, and the like, would be greatly appreciated when reporting on the "reset to factory defaults" issue.

Our Trouble Ticket Form on the website is the best way to make reports.

Thank you,
-DD
Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page