post #8041 of 8055 Old 06-26-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
That's very similar to my setup. Oppo 103 -> Denon 3313CI -> Darbee -> Sharp 70" Elite.
i have weird problem, darbee connected to jvc RS10 projector screen blanks every few seconds, removed darbee and no sync issues. this is first time i tried it with the jvc. maybe unit is defective, i'll try with another darbee to see if its a bad one or if something with the jvc setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8042 of 8055 Old 06-26-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasim Pathan View Post
i have weird problem, darbee connected to jvc RS10 projector screen blanks every few seconds, removed darbee and no sync issues. this is first time i tried it with the jvc. maybe unit is defective, i'll try with another darbee to see if its a bad one or if something with the jvc setup.
Where is the Darbee in the chain, and how long are the HDMI runs?
post #8043 of 8055 Old 06-26-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Where is the Darbee in the chain, and how long are the HDMI runs?
2 10ft cables. darbee in the middle.
post #8044 of 8055 Old 06-27-2014, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
It's been a few years since I've messed with a projector set up, but this may still apply. I recall the temperamental world of HDMI. You could try turning the cables around, switching them between each other and using different HDMI inputs if you have them. For anyone ready to naysay, this has been my personal experience with the world of HDMI. If it hasn't for you or doesn't make sense to you, awesome. But it has worked for me more than a few times with long runs. And just trying to help.
post #8045 of 8055 Old 06-27-2014, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I too use the Darblet between my Sony BDP-S590 and my Mitsubishi WD-73742 and have no problem with 3D movies. They look fantastic. Much better than in the theaters.
post #8046 of 8055 Old 06-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp06011999 View Post
It's been a few years since I've messed with a projector set up, but this may still apply. I recall the temperamental world of HDMI. You could try turning the cables around, switching them between each other and using different HDMI inputs if you have them. For anyone ready to naysay, this has been my personal experience with the world of HDMI. If it hasn't for you or doesn't make sense to you, awesome. But it has worked for me more than a few times with long runs. And just trying to help.
I agree, and so does DarbeeVision. I mentioned this issue as a comment when I recently registered my Darblet. Tom from DarbeeVision responded very quickly. He suggested it's a cable issue which seems most likely to occur when an HDMI cable is too short. He suggested ensuring all HDMI cables are between 6 and 20 feet long. I took his suggestion and it worked for me.
post #8047 of 8055 Old 06-27-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
I agree, and so does DarbeeVision. I mentioned this issue as a comment when I recently registered my Darblet. Tom from DarbeeVision responded very quickly. He suggested it's a cable issue which seems most likely to occur when an HDMI cable is too short. He suggested ensuring all HDMI cables are between 6 and 20 feet long. I took his suggestion and it worked for me.
Thanks for the tip. I will try that
post #8048 of 8055 Old 06-28-2014, 07:10 AM

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
Yea, I've had people look at me like I'm making crap up when I tell them to never buy HDMI cables shorter than 6 feet (9 being perfect) or try switching which input you have your HDMI cables in or try flipping the cable around or try another cable - not to be read as MORE expensive, just a different cable. BUT, that IS the world of HDMI that you will never find mentioned in all the sales pitches for the "One Cable" solution. lol And so I hesitate to mention it because I agree it sounds like made up crap..... but it isn't.

I've done three theater rooms where such issues are likely to come up and when I asked a professional installer on avsforum how do guys deal with this when you have to get in and get out, you can't be spending time on tracking it down. His answer, "We carry alot of cables on the truck - trial and error. And we have experience in what devices communicate well and which don't so that helps alot".

Btw, I think I read that the newest Darbee (5100) has some sort of feature to try and combat the HDMI issues that can happen to ANY electronic. http://www.phasehd.com/technology

Last edited by mp06011999; 06-28-2014 at 11:33 AM.
post #8049 of 8055 Old 07-05-2014, 03:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 421
DARBEE Visual Presence UltraHD Resolution Images Now Available for Download/View.

4K Samples Link

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 07-05-2014 at 03:16 AM.
post #8050 of 8055 Old 07-10-2014, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
Am I the only person who doesn't care about the remote? I set it to my favourite setting and leave it there. For about 2 years I never need to use the remote at all!
You should count your blessings. I have had my Darbee for at least that period of time and it has reset itself twice, recently.
post #8051 of 8055 Old 07-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
updating firmware

hey guys just wondering if you can upgrade the firmware yourself on this? i heard there was a color space issue , is this true? i have mine set at 48% right now , using some older mono price cables and swear i had some sparkling when switching to some inputs soon after getting the Darbee, but thats the only issue i have found , guessing its the cables or my old Onkyo (2007)
post #8052 of 8055 Old 07-14-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroblocker View Post
hey guys just wondering if you can upgrade the firmware yourself on this? i heard there was a color space issue , is this true? i have mine set at 48% right now , using some older mono price cables and swear i had some sparkling when switching to some inputs soon after getting the Darbee, but thats the only issue i have found , guessing its the cables or my old Onkyo (2007)
The Darblet's firmware cannot be updated on the user end. It has to be sent back to the manufacturer.

If you're able to set the strength for 48%, you should have the latest firmware. The original firmware only allowed settings at steps of 5% each.

Sparkling is likely an HDMI issue. If your cables are shorter than 6 feet, try longer cables. If that's not it, try moving the Darblet to a different position in your signal chain. Put it after your receiver as the last device before your TV.
|Tch0rT| and ConnecTEDDD like this.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #8053 of 8055 Old 07-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
The Darblet's firmware cannot be updated on the user end. It has to be sent back to the manufacturer.

If you're able to set the strength for 48%, you should have the latest firmware. The original firmware only allowed settings at steps of 5% each.

Sparkling is likely an HDMI issue. If your cables are shorter than 6 feet, try longer cables. If that's not it, try moving the Darblet to a different position in your signal chain. Put it after your receiver as the last device before your TV.
thanks so much!
post #8054 of 8055 Old 07-21-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
If your cables are shorter than 6 feet, try longer cables.
Thank you for the reminder. Over time, I had forgotten that, and couldn't figure out why my Darblet stopped working. In an effort to "clean things up," I had switched to shorter cables. After putting the long cables back in the chain, I'm up and running again.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #8055 of 8055 Old 07-21-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
Thank you for the reminder. Over time, I had forgotten that, and couldn't figure out why my Darblet stopped working. In an effort to "clean things up," I had switched to shorter cables. After putting the long cables back in the chain, I'm up and running again.
Hi, to my setup, I'm using 3 generally short cables and I had no problem.

Blu-Ray Player -> Kimber Kable HD-29 0.75m HDMI Cable -> eeColor 3D LUT Box -> Kimber Kable HD-29 0.5m HDMI Cable -> Darbee DVP-5000 -> Kimber Kable HD-29 1.0m HDMI Cable ->Display.

And I'm using Darbee from September 2012 in daily basis.

Probably I was an EDID error to your video chain connection that solved after you changed cables.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page