shortspark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8102 of 8121 Old 08-18-2014, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For those on the fence about the Darblet, I just want to share my experience. I've been using the Darblet with my HD33 since September 2012, and just recently starting have issues with the device (no video was being displayed). I worked with the DarbeeVision team to triage the issue, but unfortunately we couldn't resolve the issue with our troubleshooting. Although my device was well out of warranty, the team had me ship them the unit for replacement. I'm back up and running again and couldn't be happier with the service they provided without any obligation. It's a great little device, and you can be assured the team at DarbeeVision will stand behind their products.
|Tch0rT| and old corps like this.
post #8103 of 8121 Old 08-18-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpepper007 View Post
TThen I watch Rush Hour 2 standard dvd' here it did not help much' This is a 3 pack $10 dvd with all 3 Rush Hour on it. The quality is not great and while the darbee made it cleaner it could only do so much.
Darbee works by enhancing the visibility of detail present in the source. It cannot add detail that wasn't already there. The better and more detailed the source, the more the Darbee can do. A low-quality source like DVD doesn't have a lot of detail to start, so the Darbee has less to work with.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Curator,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #8104 of 8121 Old 08-18-2014, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by drangel1 View Post
For those on the fence about the Darblet, I just want to share my experience. I've been using the Darblet with my HD33 since September 2012, and just recently starting have issues with the device (no video was being displayed). I worked with the DarbeeVision team to triage the issue, but unfortunately we couldn't resolve the issue with our troubleshooting. Although my device was well out of warranty, the team had me ship them the unit for replacement. I'm back up and running again and couldn't be happier with the service they provided without any obligation. It's a great little device, and you can be assured the team at DarbeeVision will stand behind their products.

VERY good to hear! I'm on the fence right now and this might help push me off. Thanks for posting.

Ed
post #8105 of 8121 Old 08-24-2014, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 211
It's been a while since I posted here.
My Darbee darblet gave new life to my Sony VW60 two years ago, so much that I'm just sitting on the fence till this 4k stuff (and other improvements) becomes under $5k, like 2016-late.

If you are like me with a pretty decent PJ, but want some more image "PQ", get one.

Mike R,P.E. clickable DIY hot links:

post #8106 of 8121 Old 08-24-2014, 03:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpepper007 View Post
Do you guys just leave the darbee on all time are turn it off when not using. Or is it like a subwoofer where it rest when no signal. Thanks
Both of my Darblets have been on for close to two years now. They have both been working great.
Ray77085 likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #8107 of 8121 Old 08-25-2014, 03:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Both of my Darblets have been on for close to two years now. They have both been working great.
I have my Darbee device powered on from September 2012 since now, zero problems.
dsinger likes this.

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #8108 of 8121 Old 08-31-2014, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Going to purchase the LG 65 4K Oled when it comes out.I plan on using set to mostly view upconverted DVD and Blu Ray movies.Will I be able to use my Darbee with this set since i love what it does to my upconverted dvds on my Samsung 8500 LED?

Matt
post #8109 of 8121 Old 08-31-2014, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 87
^Shouldn't be a problem.
mattg3 likes this.
post #8110 of 8121 Old 09-01-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger View Post
^Shouldn't be a problem.
So should I assume upconverted content to a 4K screen will work with a Darbee but native 4K content will not?

Matt
post #8111 of 8121 Old 09-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
So should I assume upconverted content to a 4K screen will work with a Darbee but native 4K content will not?
Darblet won't handle 4K. If the upconversion occurs downstream of the Darblet, e.g., in the display itself, it will be fine.

That said, the Darblet added nothing to my Sony VPL-VW600ES projector's gorgeous 4K upconversion. I removed the Darblet from that system and put it on a secondary TV (an older Sharp LCD) which needed more help.
post #8112 of 8121 Old 09-02-2014, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

So if I were using an oppo 83 to send dvds to a 4K screen where Darbee was connected after my signal from oppo traveled through my Yamaha receiver (without receiver upconversion) to my Darbee and then to my screen what changes should I make in my Oppo or receiver settings to be able to get my darbee to work?Perhaps I dont need a darbee with 4K screen upconversion?
I just have a huge collection of dvd concerts and most will never see a 4K release(Most never got a Blu-ray release)Last thing I want to do is degrade my PQ on these using a 4K screen.My darbee positioned in manner I stated gave a large boost to pq on my Samsung 55 inch 8500 LED but its time to move toward new technology with a larger screen but only if pq at least stays same on my dvd collection.

Matt
post #8113 of 8121 Old 09-02-2014, 04:47 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
So if I were using an oppo 83 to send dvds to a 4K screen where Darbee was connected after my signal from oppo traveled through my Yamaha receiver (without receiver upconversion) to my Darbee and then to my screen what changes should I make in my Oppo or receiver settings to be able to get my darbee to work?Perhaps I dont need a darbee with 4K screen upconversion?
I just have a huge collection of dvd concerts and most will never see a 4K release(Most never got a Blu-ray release)Last thing I want to do is degrade my PQ on these using a 4K screen.My darbee positioned in manner I stated gave a large boost to pq on my Samsung 55 inch 8500 LED but its time to move toward new technology with a larger screen but only if pq at least stays same on my dvd collection.
As you describe it you need no changes: you have 1080p from the OPPO and the receiver is just passing that through, right? Image looks good as is.

The Darbee does its work and the 4k display will scale the incoming 1080p to its native resolution. We would hope it does a good job at that, since it is the most common case in this era when 4k input is rare, but definitely read reviews and test reports.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #8114 of 8121 Old 09-02-2014, 04:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Bill.Cant wait to read some user reports on this 4K Oled when it comes out connected to a darbee.Wonder if darbee will release a dedicated 4K unit and if it is even needed?

Matt
post #8115 of 8121 Old 09-10-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Press release for the Darbee DVP-5100CIE makes a big stink about something called "phaseHD," which supposedly "removes pesky HDMI handshake issues."

Anyone know more about what that is?

Josh Z
)
Curator,

post #8116 of 8121 Old 09-10-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Press release for the Darbee DVP-5100CIE makes a big stink about something called "phaseHD," which supposedly "removes pesky HDMI handshake issues."

Josh Z
)
Curator,

post #8117 of 8121 Old 09-10-2014, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

phaseHD’s technology makes interoperability issues with HDMI a thing of the past. phaseHD acts as a repeater device, improving interoperability with a clean signal, and more than doubling the throw distance provided by other cables.

What sets phaseHD's technology apart from the competition is that it uses a dedicated transmitter and receiver module to control the low and high speed signals on both ends of the cable. The receiver leverages phaseHD's adaptive restoration circuit which takes into account the source signal, data rate and cable length (up to a maximum of 50m 26AWG for 1080p60) and applies the correct amount of gain to maximize overall performance. This ensures compliance with native HDMI cables of any type and length.

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #8118 of 8121 Old 09-11-2014, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by drangel1 View Post
I hope they can do the same for me.

My almost two year old Darbee stopped passing video. Has worked great, no handshake issues but a month ago it reset, and then a few days ago, pffht. No video. Take the Darbee out of the chain and video is back. Funny, when the incoming hdmi cable is removed from the darbee the audio is breifly interrupted, and then comes back. When the outgoing cable is removed there is no affect on audio. Somewhere between the in HDMI and the out, it is toast...

post #8119 of 8121 Old 09-11-2014, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Moks007 

Hi, I just got one and I'm really enjoying it. I recently encountered a problem where it cannot play any 3d movies.

Did you buy the Darblet (DVP-5000) or the Cobalt (DVP-4000)? The Darblet can process both 2D and 3D, but the lower-end Cobalt can only process 2D.

My Darblet died due to my dumb*ss hooking the wrong power adapter back to it when I moved stuff around. I am looking to buy another one and I can't see 3D so is the only differences between the Cobalt(DVP-4000) and the DVP-5000 the latters ability to process 3D and it also has 1% increments vs. 5% increments for the Cobalt? If so, I will just get a Cobalt.

Thanks,
Mike

The Mayans were full of sh*t!!!
post #8120 of 8121 Old 09-13-2014, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post
My Darblet died due to my dumb*ss hooking the wrong power adapter back to it when I moved stuff around. I am looking to buy another one and I can't see 3D so is the only differences between the Cobalt(DVP-4000) and the DVP-5000 the latters ability to process 3D and it also has 1% increments vs. 5% increments for the Cobalt? If so, I will just get a Cobalt.
Right, the Darbee processing is otherwise the same.

Every once in a while, completely inexplicably, things actually go according to plan.
post #8121 of 8121 Old 09-13-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post
Right, the Darbee processing is otherwise the same.
Thanks! I'll just get a Cobalt if I can't find a used DVP-5000 for a good price.

Thanks again,
Mike

The Mayans were full of sh*t!!!
Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page