Darbee vision darblet - Page 284 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 88Likes
post #8491 of 8492 Old Today, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm using a Seiki SU4KC1 U-Vision Upscaling HDMI Cable, and from the screen shots I've seen of the Darbee effects, I'm getting a great deal of the benefits of Darbee processing, but for much less cost currently, from the real-time processing chip in the cable end (a Marseilles VTV-1222, powered by a branch-off USB connector). I'd suppose that in no way is the Seiki cable equal to the Darbee, but the Seiki cable does seem to sharpen the image without objectionable artifacts, as well as reduce video noise, improve contrast, and color range and saturation; on-screen text looks much smoother too, with less jagged edges. I like the image I'm getting with the Seiki HDMI cable better than without a straight also high-quality, but non-processing HDMI cable. Has anyone directly compared a Darbee with a Seiki U-Vision cable? The two seem to have the same objectives in the output image. I'm using the Seiki HDMi cable from a Yamaha HDMI receiver's output to display screen, to process an HDTV tuner (a HomeWorx 150PVR), a Panasonic BDT-210 blu-ray player, and a WDTV media player to a Samsung 1080P LED TV, and a second Seiki SU4KC1 to an LG PA70G LED projector from another Yamaha receiver with the same components connected, in a home theater room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8492 of 8492 Unread Today, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Picked up a Darbee Cobalt from the manufacturer on sale. (no need for 3d). First impressions are that this is the best money I've spent recently on my media room.
Projecting with a JVC HD250 and it really sharpens the picture up. I was looking to possibly upgrade my projector but I think I can now wait a year or two and see what comes then. If you are sitting the fence, jump off and get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page