Darbee vision darblet - Page 292 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 115Likes
post #8731 of 8732 Unread Today, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post
Sorry. That is just wrong. The Darbee will accept any resolution 108p 60 and below. It actually works best if applied to a lower resolution and I feed it native 480i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p 24, 30 and go. It is not a scalar and will not upscale anything. It won't pass higher resolutions. However after application to you accepted resolution, you can use a down stream scalar such as a 4K out Lumagen or the one in your 4K projector or panel. No problem and it improves things, the more the lower the native signal is.
So the only thing I said that was "wrong" was the omission of "up to 1080" which I thought was pretty obvious.

I guess I never asked if he was sending his SNES through the Darbee, but we all know he's inputting/outputting 1080.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8732 of 8732 Unread Today, 08:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1189 Post(s)
Liked: 859
No big deal. It is important to note that all the darbee does to a signal is to bring up detail otherwise hidden because of a lack of definition between small contrast transitions. Very valuable what it does and nice that it doesn't change anything else. What ever resolution, number of bits, yada yada, tht goes in, comes out.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor