Darbee vision darblet - Page 293 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 122Likes
post #8761 of 8766 Unread Today, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwok lau View Post
Besides "Darbeeized" as you mentioned above, its longevity and automatic change to default settings are another issue. These are the common complaints. I have my Darbee Darblet a little over 1 year. Seldom use it. It is switched off when not in use. Last usage was a few months ago. Lately I tried to turned it on. Its green led light flashed once and death. Automatic change of default by itself happened a few times. Darbee Vision was asking me to return for testing. Refurbished unit is about $150 if my unit is not repairable. $300 price tag on new purchase that only serves 2 years is TOO expensive.
I would probably bite on a refurb. Where do you see them refurbished for $150?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8762 of 8766 Unread Today, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwok lau View Post
Besides "Darbeeized" as you mentioned above, its longevity and automatic change to default settings are another issue. These are the common complaints. I have my Darbee Darblet a little over 1 year. Seldom use it. It is switched off when not in use. Last usage was a few months ago. Lately I tried to turned it on. Its green led light flashed once and death. Automatic change of default by itself happened a few times. Darbee Vision was asking me to return for testing. Refurbished unit is about $150 if my unit is not repairable. $300 price tag on new purchase that only serves 2 years is TOO expensive.
I have owned the DVP5000 since Aug 2012. It has always been on for almost 3 years now. Never any handshake issues and 3 maybe 4 resets. Maybe turning it on and off is what caused you to have a death. Sorry it did not work out for you. I have mind set at 50-60% HD on a Sharp 70" LED LCD display.
kwok lau likes this.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #8763 of 8766 Unread Today, 01:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 503
My Darblet caused havoc once inserted into my system - HDMI handshake issues, including sound drop outs (like the center channel sound going missing). The issues always disappeared when I pulled the Darblet out of the chain, and re-appeared with it in the chain. Didn't matter where in the chain I put it, or whether I tried different HDMI cables. Finally getting rid of the Darblet, replacing it in the chain with the Lumagen 2041, finally rid me of those problems. Quite a number of folks have reported similar issues with the Darblet in their systems.
post #8764 of 8766 Unread Today, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
My Darblet caused havoc once inserted into my system - HDMI handshake issues, including sound drop outs (like the center channel sound going missing). The issues always disappeared when I pulled the Darblet out of the chain, and re-appeared with it in the chain. Didn't matter where in the chain I put it, or whether I tried different HDMI cables. Finally getting rid of the Darblet, replacing it in the chain with the Lumagen 2041, finally rid me of those problems. Quite a number of folks have reported similar issues with the Darblet in their systems.
And most of those reporting the issue were able to solve the handshake issues. Either by changing lengths of HDMI cables or adjust color space in the various components. On a few occasions like you it just didn't work out.
Kilgore likes this.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #8765 of 8766 Unread Today, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
I would probably bite on a refurb. Where do you see them refurbished for $150?
------------
Darbee Vision quoted me the price, if my unit could not be repaired by them. I don't think they can't repair it. Unless they just don't want to repair and exchange a refurbished one. You can email and ask for the price again. It should be $149 to be exact.
post #8766 of 8766 Unread Today, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
I have owned the DVP5000 since Aug 2012. It has always been on for almost 3 years now. Never any handshake issues and 3 maybe 4 resets. Maybe turning it on and off is what caused you to have a death. Sorry it did not work out for you. I have mind set at 50-60% HD on a Sharp 70" LED LCD display.
-------------------
Thank for your response. I did not turn it on and off frequently. In fact I only spent 1 hour or 2 every month at the most. I switched off all my AV gears when stop watching. Have no problem with other gears, but the Darbee Darblet 5000. It is not acceptable to me that it died at early.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page