Darbee vision darblet - Page 294 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 131Likes

post #8791 of 8804 Old 07-29-2015, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Yes, I bought online from SolidSignal.com in Year 2013 Dec. My setting is 70 with Sony VPL-HW40ES. Improvement is not extremely obvious, but you can see the difference from "on" and "off" comparison. I had my Darbee tested by Darbee Vision, as mentioned in my earlier emails. They did not charge me for the replacement of the AC power adaptor, nor the return shipping charge. Solidsignal is Darbee authorized dealer,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8792 of 8804 Old 07-29-2015, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 19
@kwok lau ; @BumForALiving ; @|Tch0rT|

Thank you all.

I saw in some post either in amazon reviews or here that someone noticed a lot of difference when using this and were gaming... does anyone of you had any experience with gaming console and using darbee and not using darbee to compare ?

I do a lot of gaming and this is one of the reasons I am thinking to get it..

TIA
post #8793 of 8804 Old 07-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 90
This will probably sound odd to those who don't have a Darbee but it's more of a device you notice when it's not on than when it's on. It does the same thing it does for movies with games. I can run a PS3, Wii U, and PC through mine.

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #8794 of 8804 Old 07-30-2015, 06:15 AM

In my opinion, adding the Darbee 5000 to Sony 40ES is just adding sugar powder on top of a cream cake. The performance of the Sony is good enough. I have to boom up the Darbee to 70 setting to see the difference.
For gaming, the action is so fast to respond and to follow. You are too busy with your joy stick and don't have time to enjoy the contrast/color enhancement. If you have the money to spare, why not. It is good for movie viewing though.

Last edited by kwok lau; Yesterday at 10:38 AM.
post #8795 of 8804 Old 07-30-2015, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwok lau View Post
In my opinion, adding the Darbee 5000 to Sony 40ES is just adding sugar powder on top of a cream cake. The performance of the Sony is good enough. I have to boom up the Darbee to 70 setting to see the difference.
70? Wow. That's pretty high. On my Epson 5030UB, even with its Super Resolution set to 1, I have the Darbee at 50. Any higher and I start getting artifacts. Most people in this thread set theirs between 30 and 55, generally. If you have to crank the Darbee to 70 to see any difference, then that suggests to me that the Sony 40ES isn't that sharp to begin with.
kwok lau likes this.
post #8796 of 8804 Old 07-30-2015, 04:07 PM

Again, it is just personal preference. 70 setting give me more details on wide scene and artifice on close up. Give or take. I am still testing and might go back btw 40 to 50 range later.
post #8797 of 8804 Old 07-31-2015, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg_Optoma View Post
@kwok lau ; @BumForALiving ; @|Tch0rT|

Thank you all.

I saw in some post either in amazon reviews or here that someone noticed a lot of difference when using this and were gaming... does anyone of you had any experience with gaming console and using darbee and not using darbee to compare ?

I do a lot of gaming and this is one of the reasons I am thinking to get it..

TIA
Arrived today, quick shipping. Have an Xbox one + Epson 3020 fine tuned for color and focus. Picture looks amazing on it's own but the Darby makes a nice difference. I've used the 3020's built in Supper Resolution which has some of the same effect but very minor in comparison. I can see textures with MUCH more detail and pop in game (tested with Destiny) that were barely noticeable before. Other biggest difference to me is it looks like the Claritin commercial where a "haze" is removed from the display when on.
fredxr2d2 likes this.
post #8798 of 8804 Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Again, it is just personal preference. 70 setting give me more details on wide scene and artifice on close up. Give or take. I am still testing and might go back btw 40 to 50 range later.
The bolded above! As with audio, this ALL boils down to personal preference. I just bought a another Darbee to play with with my other Darbee AND my Darbee enabled Oppo. I have great satisfaction with my current double darbee set up for blu ray and vudu. The 103D is set at 40 HD and the 5000 is set at 50(ish) HD. If you think this would be like having one darbee set at 90%, you would be dead wrong. At 90% on one Darbee I see all sorts of crazy distracting things, but with my set up I love it. I bought Mark's rackmount one to clean up my rack, but will definitely be having a threesome to start!
kwok lau likes this.
post #8799 of 8804 Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecmec View Post
The bolded above! As with audio, this ALL boils down to personal preference. I just bought a another Darbee to play with with my other Darbee AND my Darbee enabled Oppo. I have great satisfaction with my current double darbee set up for blu ray and vudu. The 103D is set at 40 HD and the 5000 is set at 50(ish) HD. If you think this would be like having one darbee set at 90%, you would be dead wrong. At 90% on one Darbee I see all sorts of crazy distracting things, but with my set up I love it. I bought Mark's rackmount one to clean up my rack, but will definitely be having a threesome to start!
Hey, you can turn your color controls to max, and put all your speakers in another room if that's your personal preference.
post #8800 of 8804 Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Yeah, appears to me that 50 setting on Darbee produces more life looking on screen but not obvious. Have to switch "on"and "off" to confirm the Darbee 5000 is working. 70 is a bit high setting but gives you a pop when start viewing and then the eye will get use to it.
I might stay on 60 setting for a while. Again, my linkage is Samsung BD-J7500ZA 3d blue ray player to Darbee 5000 to Sony VPL-HW40ES 3d projector. Direct video path connection. I use my AV processor and power amp for the audio.
Obviously, the Contract and black level of the Samsung player and the Sony projector are super and leave very little gap for the Darbee 5000 to improve these area. Wonder if add one more Darbee in series could further improve, as Mecmec did. Happy testing.

Kwok

Last edited by kwok lau; Yesterday at 10:32 AM. Reason: wrong typo correction
post #8801 of 8804 Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM

I had the Darbee 5000 linked with Oppo 85 directly to my former Panasonic 2000. The 45 setting was used and noticed the improvement. Did not need to "on" and "off" the darbee to confirm whether it was working or not. This proves a higher setting is necessary if your source and display devices have super performance on contrast and black level.
Direct connection, without routing through AV processor or AV receiver also make the picture sharper and clearer. This is my experience.
post #8802 of 8804 Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
70? Wow. That's pretty high. On my Epson 5030UB, even with its Super Resolution set to 1, I have the Darbee at 50. Any higher and I start getting artifacts. Most people in this thread set theirs between 30 and 55, generally. If you have to crank the Darbee to 70 to see any difference, then that suggests to me that the Sony 40ES isn't that sharp to begin with.
-------
Kilgore, the Sony 40ES is sharp. That's why need higher setting to see the different. I had my darbee 5000 linked between Oppo 85 blue ray player and the Panasonic PTA-2000U, at 45 setting. Un-natural looking of close up scene shows up if go higher setting.
post #8803 of 8804 Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
-------
Kilgore, the Sony 40ES is sharp. That's why need higher setting to see the different. I had my darbee 5000 linked between Oppo 85 blue ray player and the Panasonic PTA-2000U, at 45 setting. Un-natural looking of close up scene shows up if go higher setting.
I think you have that backwards. The sharper your display, the less Darbee effect you would need before you start seeing too many artifacts. BTW, do you have your Sony's Reality Creation on as well?
post #8804 of 8804 Old Today, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
semi OT: has anyone compared Darbee VS Splash Pro in terms of PQ ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page