Darbee vision darblet - Page 296 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 205Likes

Old 09-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf20 View Post
So you are using a stb and not your internal tv receiver, correct ?
Hey Surf,

The Darblet has to sit somewhere in the signal path in-between (a) whatever source you want to "Darbeeize" and (b) whatever display you want to watch.

So if you're taking a Cable TV feed directly into your Samsung via coaxial connection, there's no way to interpose the Darblet. Same when using your Samsung's internal Netflix app.

You're right, the best way to "Darbeeize" those two currently internal sources is to make them external -- by using a STB and a different Netflix viewer -- and then just run those external sources through the AVR as you already do for your others.

Most users report the improvement in their cable / satellite PQ makes that worth the effort, even if you'll lose access to features like the Samsung TV Guide.

Alternatively, you could try to loop externally from the TV back through the AVR and back to the TV again, but since you've already read through this "complete thread" :-O, you already know that's a bad idea.

Good luck!

Every once in a while, quite inexplicably, things actually go according to plan.

Last edited by mogrub; 09-10-2015 at 12:48 PM. Reason: typo as usual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank's for your help mogrub ! I really appreaciate it. Then i'll use my stb instead of getting the signal via ocb and my PS4 for Netflix.
Yeah, read about Looping back through the AVR and back to the TV is a bad idea ;-)
Old 09-15-2015, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Today I accidentally plugged in my darbee with a 12 volt adapter instead of the 5 volt one that came with the unit....and now it does not power up. No lights. Nada. Is there anything that can be done to save darbee?
Old 09-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Darbee and Redmere?

Interested in this technology as a possible future add between my pre/pro and projector.
I'm about to upgrade to a new Sony projector and would be dropping the Darbee between my pre/pro (Marantz AV7702) and the PJ (Sony HW55ES).
I've got a 30' HDMI run to the projector. I'm using a pretty nice high speed active cable with Redmere and the signal quality is great.

Question:
Would inserting the Darbee between the pre/pro and projector allow the redmere to function as designed, as it draws its power from the source.
Just wondering if anyone has experience with this or a POV on this application of the Darbee.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2015, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Atabea, you should email Darbee for suggestion. They will send you a mailing slip for shipping your Darbee for their repair if necessary. You pay the shipping charge, but usually they will pay the return.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Hi Paul, Just in case you did not receive my answer to your PM folder. Here is the answer to your questions.

It works fine with this connection I did:-
Samsung 3D player HDMI out to Darbee Darblet 5000 input, using 6 feet long Mono Price HDMI cable, then Darbee out directly to Sony HW40ES projector HDMI 1 input using 40 feet long Redmere active High speed HDMI Cable (also bought from Mono Price). Darbee setting is 75 to see distinctive contrast improvement, with Sony's Reality Creation turn ON. I found the picture jerks even the MotionFlow is off. It is not the problem of the Sony projector, nor the Darbee, but the Samsung player itself. When I used the Oppo 83 (non 3D) player, picture jerking disappeared. Therefore, I remove the Darbee from the linkage and use the Samsung 3d player just for 3D viewing.

Now I have the Darbee is linked between the HDMI 2 input of the Sony and a "HDMI selector" which has 4 HDMI in and 1 HDMI out.

This is the present connection. It works perfectly with ordinary HDMI cables for my other AV gears through the HDMI selector . Here is the present set up:-
Oppo 83 blue ray player, Laptop input, DVD player (DVI output to HDMI adaptor) and Analog to HDMI convertor (for VCR and LD Player) to the "HDMI Selector" 4 input ports with Mono price ordinary 6 feet HDMI Cables - then the Selector's output is linked to the Darbee with another 6 ft ordinary Mono price HDMI cable- btw the Darbee out to Sony HDMI 2 input port is a 35 ft long old hdmi cable which has been using with my former (non 3D) projector in past 8 years.

You see...........it is quite a lot of connections with the Darbee. But it works fine with ordinary HDMI cables for non-3D viewing. I keep this connection mainly because I use my Oppo 83 for non-3D blue ray disc viewing. The PQ of the Oppo 83 is much better than my new Samsung 3D player.

Hope you understand what I wrote. and feel comfortable to buy a Darbee Darblet 5000 which is a good video processor for both 2D and 3D. Happy viewing.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwok lau View Post
Atabea, you should email Darbee for suggestion. They will send you a mailing slip for shipping your Darbee for their repair if necessary. You pay the shipping charge, but usually they will pay the return.
Thanks kwok lau, I will shoot them an email.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Thank you, Kwok Lau! Really helpful!
Old 09-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Atabea and PaulG, you all are welcome.
Darbee Vision has great customer service. My Darbee Darble 5000 did not work about 2 months ago. After I emailed them the problem in details, Mr. Tom Faust, Operations manager asked me to ship it for his examination. Within 2 working days, he told me that most likely it was the power adaptor in trouble. I shipped the Darbee and the adaptor at my expense. He returned the Darbee with a New Adaptor even he did not find the problem I described to him. He said the adaptor which I bought with the darbletI was not quite reliable, so he did not charge me the new adaptor and ship them back at their expense.
Great after sale customer service. Mind me that my Darblet's warranty already expired months ago before I sent them for inspection.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Is a new Darblet on the way?

They're out of stock most places and CEDIAs a month away...

My basement media room and bar
Epson 2030, Onkyo TX-NR626, and Kodi based system

Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
Old 09-18-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Is a new Darblet on the way?

They're out of stock most places and CEDIAs a month away...

My basement media room and bar
Epson 2030, Onkyo TX-NR626, and Kodi based system

Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
Old 09-19-2015, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
FYI, I just read today Monoprice info on RedMere Active Tech that you should never run two active cables in the same signal path as it will prevent the signal from getting to the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
Interested in this technology as a possible future add between my pre/pro and projector.
I'm about to upgrade to a new Sony projector and would be dropping the Darbee between my pre/pro (Marantz AV7702) and the PJ (Sony HW55ES).
I've got a 30' HDMI run to the projector. I'm using a pretty nice high speed active cable with Redmere and the signal quality is great.

Question:
Would inserting the Darbee between the pre/pro and projector allow the redmere to function as designed, as it draws its power from the source.
Just wondering if anyone has experience with this or a POV on this application of the Darbee.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1ueleader View Post
FYI, I just read today Monoprice info on RedMere Active Tech that you should never run two active cables in the same signal path as it will prevent the signal from getting to the source.

True about two active HDMIs together, but I Talked with Darbee directly about Redmere on Thursday and they use Redmere cables in their shop. Confirmed they work just fine when connected to their Darblet. Key is to use a passive HDMI before the Darblet, Redmere after the Darblet and before your display. My Darblet is on its way. I will be testing this in my system in a few days.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
True about two active HDMIs together, but I Talked with Darbee directly about Redmere on Thursday and they use Redmere cables in their shop. Confirmed they work just fine when connected to their Darblet. Key is to use a passive HDMI before the Darblet, Redmere after the Darblet and before your display. My Darblet is on its way. I will be testing this in my system in a few days.
uhhhhh, I have been running a 6 foot redmere from my denon 5200 to my Darblet and a 15 foot redmere from my Darblet to my Panny 8000 and all is working flawlessly. And has been for quite awhile...

I should also add that I have used the exact same cabling with about four other projectors and 6 other receivers and all has worked as expected...
Old 09-20-2015, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Would you recommend buying Oppo 103D or go with Sony/Samsung BDP + DarbeeVision DVP-5000 ?
Old 09-21-2015, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor Pashin View Post
Would you recommend buying Oppo 103D or go with Sony/Samsung BDP + DarbeeVision DVP-5000 ?
My vote would be a 103D one machine to rule them all.
dsinger likes this.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecmec View Post
uhhhhh, I have been running a 6 foot redmere from my denon 5200 to my Darblet and a 15 foot redmere from my Darblet to my Panny 8000 and all is working flawlessly. And has been for quite awhile...

I should also add that I have used the exact same cabling with about four other projectors and 6 other receivers and all has worked as expected...
Great to know, thank you! I'm still learning!
Old 09-21-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
My vote would be a 103D one machine to rule them all.
Isn't it more logical to be able to have everything processed with darblet placed between AVR and TV, instead of it only sitting in BD player? or, is your AVR hdmi-out is feeding one of 103D's hdmi-ins?
Old 09-21-2015, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Isn't it more logical to be able to have everything processed with darblet placed between AVR and TV, instead of it only sitting in BD player? or, is your AVR hdmi-out is feeding one of 103D's hdmi-ins?
It would depend on your sources. You can use the HDMI in on the Oppo to route Directv into it and use the same input on the AVR. What sources do you have?

I personally don't see a big change with using the darbee on Directv. In my situation I am using an Oppo 93 and using the Darbee Darlet after the AVR. If I could do it over again or purchasing for the first time, I'd just get a 103D and call it good.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post
Is a new Darblet on the way? .
Yes! In fact, it is in transit at this very moment!
I got mine pre-owned last week from another great member here @ AVS.
Looking forward to the Darblet's arrival and trying it out in my rig.

FWIW, I called Darbee with a question last week before buying mine. The guy who helped me said they're having a parts/supplier issue at the moment and that's why they're in tight supply at the moment through their sellers. Again, FWIW.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Yes! In fact, it is in transit at this very moment!
I got mine pre-owned last week from another great member here @ AVS.
Looking forward to the Darblet's arrival and trying it out in my rig.

FWIW, I called Darbee with a question last week before buying mine. The guy who helped me said they're having a parts/supplier issue at the moment and that's why they're in tight supply at the moment through their sellers. Again, FWIW.
is this new dedicated darblet you got in any way better than the darbee processor in oppo 103D?
Old 09-21-2015, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
is this new dedicated darblet you got in any way better than the darbee processor in oppo 103D?
I have no idea.
I've already got an Oppo blue ray player (non-Darbee).
My Darblet will go between my AVP and projector, so all video sources will run through the Darblet.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 121
As someone who has had three Darbee devices at the same time and has played with them (and a combination of them) extensively, I will say that I can not tell a difference between the Darbee in the 103D and the stand alone. Also, the rack mount edition appeared to me to be the same as well.
Yes, you can run your AVR HDMI out to the 103D in but I ran into varying issues doing so, the least of which was directv saying channels i wanted to watch were not allowed (hdmi issues I am sure)
Old 09-24-2015, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Hi, quick question, how can u get the Darbee logo off the screen?

Thanks
Femi
Old 09-24-2015, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 125
There should be a setting in the menu to turn it off.

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

Old 09-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Does each mode (hi-def, gaming, etc.) have an independent effect on the picture beyond what setting the percentage strength is?
Old 09-26-2015, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Yes. You can hide the Logo from the menu.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
I have no idea.
I've already got an Oppo blue ray player (non-Darbee).
My Darblet will go between my AVP and projector, so all video sources will run through the Darblet.
do you have specs of this new darblet? 4k/hdmi 2.0a maybe?
Old 09-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey Gorodnov View Post
do you have specs of this new darblet? 4k/hdmi 2.0a maybe?
To be clear, the one I bought was the current model - bought used from another fine member here @ AVS Forum.
I know nothing about any new or future Darblet(s).
Old 10-03-2015, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3031
Has there been a problem with power supplies?
I believe mine is twitchy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor