Darbee vision darblet - Page 298 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 182Likes

Old 10-18-2015, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3019
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwok lau View Post
You shall email or phone Darbee company. They could help.
I sent it in 6 months or so back for a probably related issue.
Unfortunately, it hasn't worked properly since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega509 View Post
have you checked your new power supply? I bought 2 that were DOA, luckily I found one that was for a cell phone, 5V 1.1a and it worked with the Darblet.
I'll see if I can find one lying around the house.
mmiles likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I have sent my Darbee 5000 for checking about 3 months ago. Even they could not find out the problem I encountered, they said the power adaptor which came with the Darbee when I bought it, had a common issue of "Unstable" supply of power to the unit. They returned the unit with a new power adaptor free of charge. The warranty had been expired though. Since its return, I do not have problem so far.
I still encourage you to get with them again. No harm to do so.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
You shall email or phone Darbee company. They could help.
+1 on Darbee CS. My remote failed out of warranty and they sent out a new one (they wanted the old one to check out).
Great CS.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member

What a co-instance, My Darbee remote is not working as well. I have put in a new battery, but no response. I am now using the buttons on the unit itself to do adjustment and testing. Not a big issue. I might get with Darbee later.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
. . . I have put in a new battery, but no response. I am now using the buttons on the unit itself to do adjustment and testing. . . .
Had this problem a while ago myself. Have you tried power cycling your Darblet? Unplug power connector for a few seconds then reinsert. That worked for me.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

JR Walker, My darbee power connection is parallel with my blue ray player. (i.e. my darbee is powered off when I turned off my player). It is similar to power cycling as you said?! Thank for your advice after all.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post
With your guys' help I got it to un-Blink.....'solving the world's problems, one blink at a time
What did the trick???

Every once in a while, quite inexplicably, things actually go according to plan.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post
What did the trick???
+1

--Carl
Old 10-20-2015, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post
What did the trick???
I went into the menu of the Darblet....Somewhere in logo properties, I turned 'Persistent' off...Then, for the final kicker of the LED's , I went into LED Display and turned it all the way off...problem solved...(for now)....Hats off to the late Dr. Darbee...The Guy was a F*&ckn genius.....(even with the invention of the measly universal remote control )....cheers!
humbland likes this.

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/92-community-news-polls/1601353-ht-month-duck-cover.html"]My HToTM: Duck and Cover
Old 10-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Chromecast + Darbee?

Has anyone tried this with a new Chromecast 2015 with the 4" extension yet? Does it even work with the Chromecast, and if so what is the best setup? Should I add a 3' cable between the Chromecast and Darbee, or a 6' cable? Then what length cable after the Darbee?

I am only concerned with Netflix and Plex playback, and maybe some Youtube here and there. Thanks
Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have noticed that the DVP5000 is sold out on the Darbee site and a lot of other sites. Is this there way of pushing the 5100 or are they looking to have a replacement model coming out soon for the 5000? I ask because I am thinking about getting one but I am willing to wait if they are coming out with a new model

Thanks
Old 10-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

I'm thinking with all the 4K products showing up now that they might be getting ready to launch their own 4K products as well.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2015, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
I will be starting a family room remodel that will place all my AV equip in closet about 50 ft away and will have several long HDMI runs - 65 ft, 75 ft, & 100 ft.

I will be using powered HDMI baluns over Cat 6 for these long runs.

Curious to know if Darbee works well in long runs. Should the Darbee be placed near the source (i.e. AV closet) or at the end near the projector and LCD TV?

Thanks...
Old 10-30-2015, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

I will be starting a family room remodel that will place all my AV equip in closet about 50 ft away and will have several long HDMI runs - 65 ft, 75 ft, & 100 ft.

Curious to know if Darbee works well in long runs. Should the Darbee be placed near the source (i.e. AV closet) or at the end near the projector and LCD TV?

Thanks...
ellisr63 likes this.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkOrPn View Post
I'm thinking with all the 4K products showing up now that they might be getting ready to launch their own 4K products as well.

I noticed the unit being sold out everwhere as well and thought a new product might be imminent. But CEDIA came and went without an announcement, and thats the kind of place I'd expect it to happen.

My basement media room and bar
Epson 2030, Onkyo TX-NR626, and Kodi based system

Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
Old 10-30-2015, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augmont View Post

Thanks...
I have a similar set up. I put the Darbee last in the chain, right before the front projector. I used a 6 foot HDMI cable from the Darbee to the PJ. Works great.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post
Quote:

I noticed the unit being sold out everwhere as well and thought a new product might be imminent. But CEDIA came and went without an announcement, and thats the kind of place I'd expect it to happen.
Maybe they cant figure out how to improve upon 4K, lol. 4k already looks really good haha.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

I was wondering, with the Darblet being HDMI 1.4 (I think) will it work with an HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 Sony FMP10 4k Media Player? I think it will work with the rest of my equipment although my receiver is also HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 208
You have to remember, Paul Darbee who engineered the device, passed away after the Darbee was just released. Don't know if his work was passed on to any one else who could expand upon his research... If they are not able to further work on the technology, Darbee products may be at end of life....

Hope not as I love the Darbee...

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
Old 10-30-2015, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

You have to remember, Paul Darbee who engineered the device, passed away after the Darbee was just released. Don't know if his work was passed on to any one else who could expand upon his research... If they are not able to further work on the technology, Darbee products may be at end of life....

Hope not as I love the Darbee...

Old 10-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Maybe they cant figure out how to improve upon 4K, lol. 4k already looks really good haha.
Evidence to the contrary: http://www.darbeevision.com/4k-samples/
Old 10-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
I have a similar set up. I put the Darbee last in the chain, right before the front projector. I used a 6 foot HDMI cable from the Darbee to the PJ. Works great.
Good to hear that it plays nice with long HDMI runs. Let's hope it plays nice with the HDMI baluns I purchased.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 858 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augmont View Post

Thanks...
I have mine hooked up to my Yamaha CX-A5100 with a 3' Redmere cable, and a 30' Redmere cable going to my AE8000 with zero problems. Your mileage may vary since it is so much longer.

Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, Xilica XP-4080 crossover, (2pr) JBL 8340As,  (2pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox360, (2) Intel NUCs, Monoprice12 gauge speaker wire and XLR cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 195" diagonal scope screen, Panamorph UH-480, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, Yamaha MX-A5000, MiniDSP DDRC-88A, and an Oppo 103.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
Old 11-02-2015, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I have a Pioneer SC-67 with a Audioquest 1 meter cable connected to a Darbee. The Darbee is connected to a second Darbie inline with another 1 meter cable. That Darbee is connected to my JVC RS-1 projector by a 35 ft Monster Black Platinum cable. I have no issues with the connections...

Old 11-02-2015, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
I have a Pioneer SC-67 with a Audioquest 1 meter cable connected to a Darbee. The Darbee is connected to a second Darbie inline with another 1 meter cable. That Darbee is connected to my JVC RS-1 projector by a 35 ft Monster Black Platinum cable. I have no issues with the connections...
Why 2 Darbees?
Old 11-02-2015, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

When the Darbees were first released, my dealer contacted Paul Darbee before he died. He said the Darbee worked best with two inline. If I remember correctly, the first Darbee was set as gaming and the second as HD. The gaming Darbee was set where the image was just slightly enhanced and then the HD Darbee was adjusted to finely adjust the image. Since I had two, I configured them that way... It did improve the image over using just one Darbee, but the difference could only be seen on a large screen, the differences was very subtle...

Old 11-02-2015, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
When the Darbees were first released, my dealer contacted Paul Darbee before he died. He said the Darbee worked best with two inline. If I remember correctly, the first Darbee was set as gaming and the second as HD. The gaming Darbee was set where the image was just slightly enhanced and then the HD Darbee was adjusted to finely adjust the image. Since I had two, I configured them that way... It did improve the image over using just one Darbee, but the difference could only be seen on a large screen, the differences was very subtle...
Interesting
Old 11-04-2015, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It appears that this device is going to continue to be sold as I received an email from Darbee stating that they were working on getting more in stock. I got some birthday money and I am thinking about getting one of these. I know the rack mounted 5100 is the same as this except it can be upgraded at home instead of sending it in. Do you think it is worth spending the extra money on that unit? Do you think it would be wise to wait until the first of the year after CES to see if anything else will be announced.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 409
How often are updates for it released?

My basement media room and bar
Epson 2030, Onkyo TX-NR626, and Kodi based system

Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
Old 11-04-2015, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3019
I sent my Darblet in last week and it is already in transit back to me (their Service Dept. is very quick).
Hopefully, it will work now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor
taboola here