Darbee vision darblet - Page 315 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 241Likes

post #9421 of 9440 Old 01-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 71
JohnMacIII - please be reminded that the Darbee 500 is not for 4K blue ray disc.
It works for 1080p or lower resolution. It also depends on how good the pq of the movie from the Blue ray disc as well. Yap...........add in a Darbee 500 with your 1080 p blue ray player and projector directly...........you will not be disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9422 of 9440 Old 01-23-2017, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Mine continues to spontaneously reset to factory defaults, perhaps as often as once a week. I have learned to live with it. Oppo support cannot provide any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening.
Are you saying the darbee built into oppos also resets itself?

Matt
post #9423 of 9440 Old 01-23-2017, 07:57 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6557 Post(s)
Liked: 3630
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Are you saying the darbee built into oppos also resets itself?
No, that was a typo. I have been working on an Oppo issue, and should have type Darbee Support, not Oppo support.
mattg3 likes this.

post #9424 of 9440 Old 01-30-2017, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymacIII View Post
Anyone using Darbee with a Sony projector? How does it compare to reality creation and can it work hand-in-hand?
I tried the Darblet on my Sony 600ES PJ and eventually decided it wasn't needed. To my eyes, the 600 presents a beautiful picture without outside help.

I put the Darblet on an older Sharp LCD TV and it improved that picture quite a bit. There it remains.

So, the answer is, try it with your own gear and your own eyes.
post #9425 of 9440 Old 01-30-2017, 11:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Mine continues to spontaneously reset to factory defaults, perhaps as often as once a week. I have learned to live with it. Darbee support cannot provide any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening.
I have mine plugged into a UPS and when the battery on the UPS started to go, the UPS would sometimes shut itself off---I would have to manually push the UPS power button to get juice going again. This of course resets the Darbee back to factory defaults.

Did you rule out AC power issues? Or, maybe Darbee's own pwr supply might be starting to fail?
post #9426 of 9440 Old 01-31-2017, 07:28 AM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
I have mine plugged into a UPS and when the battery on the UPS started to go, the UPS would sometimes shut itself off---I would have to manually push the UPS power button to get juice going again. This of course resets the Darbee back to factory defaults.

Did you rule out AC power issues? Or, maybe Darbee's own pwr supply might be starting to fail?
I have pretty robust power to my equipment rack, so I don't think that is the root cause. And I have two Darblet, so one troubleshooting step was to swap out the power supplies, which did not help. TBH, the problem is not that big a deal. I have a complex setup and have to deal with minor annoyances with other pieces of equipment as well. It's the price we pay.
post #9427 of 9440 Old 02-02-2017, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 53
My Darblet stopped outputting a signal. I still get the lights to come on the unit which seems to indicate the power supply is working, however it will not output a picture. I tried switching HDMI cables and still no picture, if I take the Darblet out of the chain, I get a picture. Anything I can do to revive it or am I out of luck?

LG OLED65E6P | Oppo UDP-203 | Denon X5200W 7.2.4 | Darbee DVP-5000 | Emotiva XPA-3 | Sony PS4 | Xfinity X1
post #9428 of 9440 Old 02-02-2017, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post
My Darblet stopped outputting a signal. I still get the lights to come on the unit which seems to indicate the power supply is working, however it will not output a picture. I tried switching HDMI cables and still no picture, if I take the Darblet out of the chain, I get a picture. Anything I can do to revive it or am I out of luck?

Silly question, but did you unplug the unit?
post #9429 of 9440 Old 02-02-2017, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnscg View Post
Silly question, but did you unplug the unit?
Only to move it to try on another TV, but it didn't work there either. Everything does light up as it should, just does not pass a video signal to the TV. Nothing but a black screen.

LG OLED65E6P | Oppo UDP-203 | Denon X5200W 7.2.4 | Darbee DVP-5000 | Emotiva XPA-3 | Sony PS4 | Xfinity X1
post #9430 of 9440 Old 02-02-2017, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post
I think I remember reading in this thread others have had different issues with their Darblet and it turned out to be a faulty power supply. Even if the lights still work.

It may be worth it to contact Darbee to get a new power supply and try that.

Living Room: Denon X4000, XPA-5, Polk RTiA9, CSiA6, RTiA3-wides, FXiA4, OWM3, SVS PC12+, 4 Shakers, Epson 5030, VApex 92”, Sony XBR9 52”, PS3, Xbox 360, Darbee, Harmony 1.
Bedroom: Denon X2000, Polk: RTiA3, CSiA4, RTiA1, SVS SB12-NSD, Sony XBR-55X850B, Sony BPD-S590, Xbox 360, RPi2-RasPlex, Darbee, Harmony 510.
Home Office: Onkyo 707, Polk: LSiM 703, LSiM 704, Monitor 70, Yamaha SW315 x 2, Turntable, Triple Monitors, Harmony 610.
post #9431 of 9440 Old 02-04-2017, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwok lau View Post
---------------------
I link my DARBEE 500 between my Samsung blue ray player and the Sony 40es projector directly with Redmere HDMI cable. With reality creation also turn on at same time, the PQ further enhanced than only using one of these 2 functions. My daughter in law confirmed the same PQ improvement, when she watched a blue ray cartoon movie with her 5 years old daughter. She asked " Pa, is this a newly bought projector I firstly see? The picture PQ is so clearly sharp and colorful than what I saw formerly." I told her that the Sony 40es was bought a year ago. The Darbee 500 was bought when it came to sale initially. I highly recommend to match Darbee 500 directly btw your blue ray player and projector, WITH both functions are turned ON.

Haha, cute!

post #9432 of 9440 Old 02-06-2017, 01:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I've had my Darbee for a while now and yesterday I was playing my PS4 Pro and I kept getting random blank screens. I thought the PS4 was dying but I took the Darbee out and it stopped. My Darbee power cycles with my AVR on a switch. Anyone have any ideas?

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #9433 of 9440 Old 02-13-2017, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
SO anyone want to catch me up on this product?

I don't feel like reading 315 pages.

I get the Jist of what it does...

I am using a 4K TV.. but obviously I am going to use a ton of 1080P content still.

Use one of these?? or Use the 4K upscaler on my receiver?
post #9434 of 9440 Old 02-13-2017, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp1demon View Post
SO anyone want to catch me up on this product?

I don't feel like reading 315 pages.

I get the Jist of what it does...

I am using a 4K TV.. but obviously I am going to use a ton of 1080P content still.

Use one of these?? or Use the 4K upscaler on my receiver?
If you're wondering if you should get a Darbee or use the 4k upscaling instead, you really don't get the jist of what the Darbee does. It's very complex and I don't fully "get" it myself. But it's not about resolution. It enhances localized contrast by creating a 3D representation of the signal and using that to determine how to modify/enhance the contrast. It does not have the usual side-effects like ringing. It's a pretty amazing process. Maybe someone else can chime in.
post #9435 of 9440 Old 02-13-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
If you're wondering if you should get a Darbee or use the 4k upscaling instead, you really don't get the jist of what the Darbee does. It's very complex and I don't fully "get" it myself. But it's not about resolution. It enhances localized contrast by creating a 3D representation of the signal and using that to determine how to modify/enhance the contrast. It does not have the usual side-effects like ringing. It's a pretty amazing process. Maybe someone else can chime in.
I went to the site, watched the demo video and such. Read about the 3 models.
Seems to give better PQ. Makes object POP and seem more crisp.
I guess a 4K upscaler would not do that... SO my bad.
But Still curious exactly what this does and if I need one.
WIll this make the 4K tv even better with 1080P60/30FPS content better?
post #9436 of 9440 Old 02-13-2017, 05:44 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2697 Post(s)
Liked: 1924
Quote:
I went to the site, watched the demo video and such. Read about the 3 models.
Seems to give better PQ. Makes object POP and seem more crisp.
I guess a 4K upscaler would not do that... SO my bad.
But Still curious exactly what this does and if I need one.
WIll this make the 4K tv even better with 1080P60/30FPS content better?
It increases perceived contrast without destroying fine details as happens with traditional sharpening techniques. It does this by making pixel-by-pixel adjustments to the luma channel.

It is a subtle effect when used properly, but even skeptics have usually judged it to be a benefit. It is most valued by projector owners, but you can see the effect on other displays.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #9437 of 9440 Old 02-13-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
It increases perceived contrast without destroying fine details as happens with traditional sharpening techniques. It does this by making pixel-by-pixel adjustments to the luma channel.

It is a subtle effect when used properly, but even skeptics have usually judged it to be a benefit. It is most valued by projector owners, but you can see the effect on other displays.

-Bill
Thanks for that explanation.

So this thing is useless on a 4K panel when using 4K content.
I would assume for DVD and 1080P BLuray this would come in handy even for a 4K screen.
The High end one is on sale for $299 on the site (instead of $499). Perhaps I should grab one? I have a ton of 1080P content I watch still.
Would this help with 720p and 1080P TV captures? Enhance them on screen when playing through KODI or a WD LIVE?
post #9438 of 9440 Old 02-13-2017, 06:13 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Thanks for that explanation.

So this thing is useless on a 4K panel when using 4K content.
I would assume for DVD and 1080P BLuray this would come in handy even for a 4K screen.
The High end one is on sale for $299 on the site (instead of $499). Perhaps I should grab one? I have a ton of 1080P content I watch still.
Would this help with 720p and 1080P TV captures? Enhance them on screen when playing through KODI or a WD LIVE?
Not quite right. Darbee Vision enhancement has nothing to do with resolution. For example, I have a 4K display, so any content sent to the TV gets up-scaled to 4K--that's the way a 4K display works.

The Darblet currently only works on signals up to 10180p. A 4K Darblet has not been released yet. So, for your 1080p sources (standard Blu-ray, cable, satellite, etc.), the Darblet works fine, and provides a subtle but pleasing PQ enhancement. When I view 1080p content that has been upscaled to 4K by the TV, I can toggle the Darblet off and on, and it is obvious that Darbee Vision is working on the 4K image as well.

HST, the current generation Darblet seem to be in short supply, which many of us believe is a harbinger of a 4K Darblet announcement on the horizon. At least I hope so. You are better off waiting for a new product.
ziocomposite likes this.
post #9439 of 9440 Old 02-13-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Not quite right. Darbee Vision enhancement has nothing to do with resolution. For example, I have a 4K display, so any content sent to the TV gets up-scaled to 4K--that's the way a 4K display works.

The Darblet currently only works on signals up to 10180p. A 4K Darblet has not been released yet. So, for your 1080p sources (standard Blu-ray, cable, satellite, etc.), the Darblet works fine, and provides a subtle but pleasing PQ enhancement. When I view 1080p content that has been upscaled to 4K by the TV, I can toggle the Darblet off and on, and it is obvious that Darbee Vision is working on the 4K image as well.

HST, the current generation Darblet seem to be in short supply, which many of us believe is a harbinger of a 4K Darblet announcement on the horizon. At least I hope so. You are better off waiting for a new product.
thanks for the advice...

Perhaps I will wait, perhaps I will just play around if I can grab one.

This is what happens when you get a new TV.. Everything else needs to fall in line with the newest tech.

So now that I got the new 940D and I can do 4K and HDR and such. I want everything to work the best.
I need to get my AVR either up to date or working properly with my 4K sources.
Every little tip or trick / enhancement for current sources needs to tweaked or pushed to the limits.
That is just the nature of my curiosity for technology.
post #9440 of 9440 Old Today, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
This is really what I'm hoping for, the 4K/HDR capable version and hopefully coming out soon.

Originally used the 5000s for my F8500 Plasma and worked wonderfully within the chain for movies/gaming.

It still looks amazing with the 4K OLED with 1080p content =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor