Darbee vision darblet - Page 317 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 303Likes

post #9481 of 9705 Old 04-20-2017, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 202
I have the same issues and have had my darblet since it first went on sale.I think its just a poor design . I had all kinds of hopes for a 4K unit and preferably built into a new Oppo but both seem doubtful now.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9482 of 9705 Old 04-20-2017, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Interesting... https://twitter.com/darbeevision/sta...59838443061249

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rboster, mattg3 and wreckingball like this.
post #9483 of 9705 Old 04-21-2017, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrufftyguy View Post

That's great news. I'm a big fan of the Darblet, and looking forward to the 4k compatible version.
scrufftyguy likes this.

Last edited by cdnscg; 04-21-2017 at 08:51 AM.

post #9484 of 9705 Old 04-21-2017, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrufftyguy View Post

scrufftyguy and ziocomposite like this.
post #9485 of 9705 Old 04-21-2017, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Awesome News Indeed!
Wonder how long before it rolls out though...hmmm...
IIRC, early April for new stock of the 1080 product has come and gone, c'mon Darbee, some of us have been patiently waiting for you to:
rboster likes this.

Actually, I love tube amps..
I play guitars through them.
post #9486 of 9705 Old 04-22-2017, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryl View Post
I have a pair of the original Darblets in my system, I've had them several years. About six months ago I started having trouble, neither one will respond to either of their remote controls. I did the usual, new batteries and checked with a digital camera to see if they were outputting a signal. Finally I emailed Darbee support and a contact there named Austin sent me a pair of new remotes. This was over the last month so someone is still there. Anyway, the remotes did not solve the problem, the units still don't respond but they do function otherwise by using the manual buttons. I recently upgraded much of my system but this problem started before the new equipment and still persists. Every so often, when using my Harmony remote one of the units will reset itself to full-pop mode and I have to reset it manually.
The same thing happened to my Darblet. Neither its original remote nor my Harmony Elite will control it. Are you saying your Harmony works to control either Darblet? Because I infer it's the IR receivers on our Darblets that have failed.
post #9487 of 9705 Old 04-22-2017, 03:13 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7720 Post(s)
Liked: 4322
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
The same thing happened to my Darblet. Neither its original remote nor my Harmony Elite will control it. Are you saying your Harmony works to control either Darblet? Because I infer it's the IR receivers on our Darblets that have failed.
Do you guys frequently change the Darblet settings? On my two units, I set it and forget it. As long as the front panel controls still work, I could limp along until the new Darblet becomes available. If I were in the habit of changing settings frequently, I could see the IR failure as a big deal.
post #9488 of 9705 Old 04-22-2017, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Do you guys frequently change the Darblet settings?
Nah. In fact, mine is behind an opaque cabinet door. The only time I need to tweak it is when it forgets its settings.

It's an indication of how cheaply made the Darblet is. Lucky it doesn't need to be tweaked often. If it were a TV or AVR which stopped responding to IR, it would be a much bigger deal.
post #9489 of 9705 Old 04-22-2017, 05:13 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Nah. In fact, mine is behind an opaque cabinet door. The only time I need to tweak it is when it forgets its settings.

It's an indication of how cheaply made the Darblet is. Lucky it doesn't need to be tweaked often. If it were a TV or AVR which stopped responding to IR, it would be a much bigger deal.
I agree. My Darblet occasionally resets itself to factory defaults, which requires me to restore the desired settings. A PITA that I hope goes away with a new unit.
post #9490 of 9705 Old 04-24-2017, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Quoted: 7065 Post(s)
Liked: 4772
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
Awesome News Indeed!
Wonder how long before it rolls out though...hmmm...
IIRC, early April for new stock of the 1080 product has come and gone, c'mon Darbee, some of us have been patiently waiting for you to:
I am hearing, June before 1080P version is back available.

mjgarrett100@gmail.com

My Baffle wall LCR build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-tpl-150h.html
post #9491 of 9705 Old 04-25-2017, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Not sure what is happening. When I use the Harmony to change from one activity to another the Darbee will sometimes go into what I think are its default settings: Full Pop, Persistent Logo, LED level to bright. Don't know which activity is triggering this event, I've tried them all multiple times and it never happens when I am actively trying to make it occur. Only seems to happen when I'm not paying attention, I'll just notice that the Darbee has been toggled. The only common ground, this only occurs right after I use the Harmony. It never happens if I use different remotes. This problem also comes and goes. It might not happen for months then will happen several times. Been this way for a couple of years and in two different homes. Probably I'm just being amazingly stupid and missing something obvious but haven't caught it yet.
post #9492 of 9705 Old 04-25-2017, 02:43 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryl View Post
Not sure what is happening. When I use the Harmony to change from one activity to another the Darbee will sometimes go into what I think are its default settings: Full Pop, Persistent Logo, LED level to bright. Don't know which activity is triggering this event, I've tried them all multiple times and it never happens when I am actively trying to make it occur. Only seems to happen when I'm not paying attention, I'll just notice that the Darbee has been toggled. The only common ground, this only occurs right after I use the Harmony. It never happens if I use different remotes. This problem also comes and goes. It might not happen for months then will happen several times. Been this way for a couple of years and in two different homes. Probably I'm just being amazingly stupid and missing something obvious but haven't caught it yet.
My theory has been that some electronic "event" in the signal causes the Darblet to reset to factory defaults. By "event', I mean static or some other unusual electronic event that the Darblet has trouble handling. My reset events typically happen when I am changing inputs, which forces an HDMI handshake through the Darblet.

I reported earlier that when I contacted Darbee support, they said that they are aware of the problem but have no resolution. Maybe the next generation of Darblets will be problem-free.
sasmallen and Seryl like this.
post #9493 of 9705 Old 04-25-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Do you guys frequently change the Darblet settings? On my two units, I set it and forget it. As long as the front panel controls still work, I could limp along until the new Darblet becomes available. If I were in the habit of changing settings frequently, I could see the IR failure as a big deal.
No, I seldom touch the Darblets. I go months without even remembering they are there which is a good thing I guess. What happened was I bought some new 4K stuff, a TV, AVR and UHD player. I moved the Darblets over to my 1080P only sources and was trying to see how they affected the picture on the new TV with its upscaling features and all that. As you noted, in this testing situation having a working remote is essential. I ended up leaving the Darbees in place and on the settings I like, the picture looks great. I really miss that extra scintilla of clarity and detail they provide and can tell almost instantly when they are off.
post #9494 of 9705 Old 04-25-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
My theory has been that some electronic "event" in the signal causes the Darblet to reset to factory defaults. By "event', I mean static or some other unusual electronic event that the Darblet has trouble handling. My reset events typically happen when I am changing inputs, which forces an HDMI handshake through the Darblet.

I reported earlier that when I contacted Darbee support, they said that they are aware of the problem but have no resolution. Maybe the next generation of Darblets will be problem-free.
That does seem likely. Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to the next gen of Darblets.
post #9495 of 9705 Old 04-25-2017, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:

I have had my Darbee for several years now and when it has started to do it's own factory default reset thingy... I have simply replaced the wall wart power supply and in my case, it takes care of the problem.. The last time was about 3 months ago and this time I got the actual replacement power supply from the Darbeevision site. They have them on sale for $12.50 . Typical 3rd party replacement wall wart power supplies can be of very poor quality, with varying output currents, so I went with the official one from Darbee... I will see how it goes...so far, so good...
post #9496 of 9705 Old 04-25-2017, 03:45 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
I have had my Darbee for several years now and when it has started to do it's own factory default reset thingy... I have simply replaced the wall wart power supply and in my case, it takes care of the problem.. The last time was about 3 months ago and this time I got the actual replacement power supply from the Darbeevision site. They have them on sale for $12.50 . Typical 3rd party replacement wall wart power supplies can be of very poor quality, with varying output currents, so I went with the official one from Darbee... I will see how it goes...so far, so good...
For $12.50, this may well be worth a try.
post #9497 of 9705 Old 04-25-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Yeah, worth a look. I had one fail a few years ago but it was an outright failure as opposed to the reset thing. Thanks for the tip, Ill give it a try.
post #9498 of 9705 Old 04-26-2017, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have bad feeling thats i have bad luck, yesterday come from US my Darbee. When i connect it to power supply i saw only one green led blicking and nothink more. I try restart it 2x times... and after green was off. Does my Darbee is death or just thats power supply was damaged? I try check thats voltage and looks ok...
post #9499 of 9705 Old 05-03-2017, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, i check it and its dead.... :-(

So, i will return it and take thats 5100cie but does thats darbee have Visual Presence™ V 2.0 Processing like 5000s?

thanks
post #9500 of 9705 Old 05-11-2017, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddle View Post
Ok, i check it and its dead.... :-(

So, i will return it and take thats 5100cie but does thats darbee have Visual Presence™ V 2.0 Processing like 5000s?

thanks

The Darbee power supplies are know for going bad. I replaced mine with an ifi power supply and it cleared up a lot of problems.
a5ian300zx likes this.
post #9501 of 9705 Old 05-30-2017, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarbeeVision Inc.
Thank you for your interest in our technology for 4K/UHD video processing. 4K/UHD DARBEE Visual Presence (DVP) processing IP has been complete for a while, yet there are many other features that go into the commercial solution release. External features like HDMI 2.0, and HDCP 2.2 IPs, validation of a cost effective chip set, and the overall valid market size, must all align for a practical DVP solution to be brought to market. The 4K/UHD market is in its infancy, and we look forward to the progressive roll out, as it will include 4K/UHD DVP.
A post on the FB page from a couple weeks ago. Still cryptic and no hint of a time frame for release even though it seems the product is complete...
Paul H, mattg3 and ziocomposite like this.
post #9502 of 9705 Old 05-31-2017, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I am still using my 5000s (After a P/S replacement) and plan to continue using it for 1080 or less. My current TV is only 1080p and I am using my UDP 203 OppO thru it now.
On order (Not received yet) is a Samsung 75" Q9FA which will be cabled straight from the OppO for its video & a second cable for its sound. (My Integra is not 4K compatible)
4K from the OppO to one TV input & all other 1080 video from the Integra, as before, through the 5000s to another TV input for other video duty)

--Carl
post #9503 of 9705 Old 05-31-2017, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post
A post on the FB page from a couple weeks ago. Still cryptic and no hint of a time frame for release even though it seems the product is complete...
Likely waiting for HDMI 2.1 lol
post #9504 of 9705 Old 05-31-2017, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziocomposite View Post
Likely waiting for HDMI 2.1 lol
My sentiments, exactly. They probably want to make it as future proof as possible. Less costs of R&Ding another model later on. Though it does make you want to read into why they didn't state HDMI 2.1 in their FB post.

I suspect we'll see an announcement NLT CEDIA. The testing specs for 2.1 are expected next month. That gives roughly 3 months to finalize something. Somewhat short time frame, but doable when the core work has already been completed.
ziocomposite likes this.
post #9505 of 9705 Old 05-31-2017, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post
My sentiments, exactly. They probably want to make it as future proof as possible. Less costs of R&Ding another model later on. Though it does make you want to read into why they didn't state HDMI 2.1 in their FB post.

I suspect we'll see an announcement NLT CEDIA. The testing specs for 2.1 are expected next month. That gives roughly 3 months to finalize something. Somewhat short time frame, but doable when the core work has already been completed.
I'm a darbee fanatic as well my brother. It's amazing for the 1080p sources especially when it comes to gaming. Can't wait to see how it further enhances 4K material O__O
ellisr63 likes this.
post #9506 of 9705 Old 06-03-2017, 06:44 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
I am still using my 5000s (After a P/S replacement) and plan to continue using it for 1080 or less.
Can you share a link to where you ordered the new
PS? I can't find it on the Darbee support web page.
post #9507 of 9705 Old 06-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Can you share a link to where you ordered the new
PS? I can't find it on the Darbee support web page.
Since I live somewhat locally to Darbee Vision's office, I drove there and got the P/S from them. (This was perhaps a year or more ago)
I might suggest sending them an E-Mail.

The replacement P/S had more output wattage than my original P/S. (Same nameplate voltage)

--Carl

Last edited by calentz; 06-03-2017 at 11:36 PM. Reason: More Info
post #9508 of 9705 Old 06-04-2017, 05:32 AM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
Since I live somewhat locally to Darbee Vision's office, I drove there and got the P/S from them. (This was perhaps a year or more ago)
I might suggest sending them an E-Mail.

The replacement P/S had more output wattage than my original P/S. (Same nameplate voltage)
Thanks. I have already sent an email.
post #9509 of 9705 Old 06-04-2017, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 202
If I sent a 1080P signal from my Oppo 103 upconverted to 4K can i run it through my darbee to a 4K screen with no issues?The signal is not a 4K source.

Matt
post #9510 of 9705 Old 06-04-2017, 07:49 AM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
If I sent a 1080P signal from my Oppo 103 upconverted to 4K can i run it through my darbee to a 4K screen with no issues?The signal is not a 4K source.
No. The Darblet will not pass 1080p up-converted to 4K. Let the 1080p up-conversion happen at the display.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page