Darbee vision darblet - Page 322 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 284Likes

post #9631 of 9650 Old 08-07-2017, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbyakko View Post
Thanks for posting your experience with the Marseille mCable + Darbee. After I read it I bought the previous generation mCable and it's definitely a noticeable improvement. The noise reduction that it applies is very effective while keeping the detail in the picture. It also allowed me to up the darbee effect a little bit now that some of source issues are cleared up and are much less distracting.

One weird thing that happened in my setup after adding the mCable is that the black level of the source was raised a hair. I just dropped the black level (brightness) on my tv from 45 to 44 and everything was back to normal.
Still trying to decide between the Cinema edition (current mcable) for $130 ($130 Marseille website) and the previous edition mcable $30 ($30 ebay). I would post in the new Mcable thread, but wanted to know specifically why you chose the "previous edition" after Jerry recommended the Cinema edition...The cost delta is almost 400%.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 9650 Old 08-07-2017, 12:54 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7441 Post(s)
Liked: 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Still trying to decide between the Cinema edition (current mcable) for $130 ($130 Marseille website) and the previous edition mcable $30 ($30 ebay). I would post in the new Mcable thread, but wanted to know specifically why you chose the "previous edition" after Jerry recommended the Cinema edition...The cost delta is almost 400%.
Guys, I never recommended anything. I don't use this cable, and don't plan on ever using it. And as I suggested earlier, can we get this thread back on topic, which is a discussion of the Darblet, not what other video processors may or may not work well with the Darblet (and there are many others)?
post #9633 of 9650 Old 08-07-2017, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Response is here...
MARSEILLE MCABLE (internal processor)

post #9634 of 9650 Old 08-07-2017, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Guys, I never recommended anything. I don't use this cable, and don't plan on ever using it. And as I suggested earlier, can we get this thread back on topic, which is a discussion of the Darblet, not what other video processors may or may not work well with the Darblet (and there are many others)?
Interesting. Are we getting scammed? What's the story here?
Jerry, you can respond in the mcable thread, if you wish. I understood that you thought the Darbee and mcable played well together. Perhaps I misunderstood (known to happen).
post #9635 of 9650 Old 08-07-2017, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Guys:

Let's take the conversation about the cable to the Mcable discussion thread. If you have a question for someone posting in this thread and want them to answer in the Mcable thread.....please post in the mcable thread and use the "mentions" feature... @the irmembername within the post and they should be notified that they've been mentioned in a thread....or send them a PM.

Jerry is correct that we should keep the Darbee thread for discussions of their products. Thanks for everyone's help and understanding

Ron

FS: HDBaseT HDMI Cable extender Kit (up to 100 ft) for $75 : http://www.avsforum.com/forum/210-vi...l#post52653465//
post #9636 of 9650 Old 08-07-2017, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I was going to ask if you guys were talking about Darbee products or not. I was getting really confused and was about to unsubscribe lol.

Living Room: Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Sony PS3 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 Darblet / Panamax M5400-PM / miniDSP UMIK‑1 USB
Bedroom: Samsung PN59D7000 PDP / Energy Power Bar Elite Soundbar & SW / Astro A50 / Sony PS4 / DirecTV C41W-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 Darblet / Hauppauge HD PVR 2
Classroom: SMART Board X800 / Yamaha RX-V667 / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS SB-2000
post #9637 of 9650 Old 08-08-2017, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post
I was going to ask if you guys were talking about Darbee products or not. I was getting really confused and was about to unsubscribe lol.
No, the last dozen or so posts are not about the Darbee. There is NO Darbee announcements/information at this time.

FS: HDBaseT HDMI Cable extender Kit (up to 100 ft) for $75 : http://www.avsforum.com/forum/210-vi...l#post52653465//
post #9638 of 9650 Old 08-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I recently purchased the 5000S and am pleased with that decision, but I'm having an annoying issue with it.

I feed all sources through my AVR (Denon X2200W), which then outputs the video to the TV. I'd prefer to put the Darbee after the AVR so everything can receive it's benefits. However, when I do that all I get is a green screen. I've turned off all processing/scaling/conversion in the AVR's video settings so it should not be outputting at 4K. If I instead put the Darbee in between a source and the AVR it works fine. So I currently have it hooked up between my Roku3 and one of the AVR's hdmi inputs. The AVR can then output that signal no problem. So then why if I move it to another spot in the chain does it not work? I've tried swapping HDMI cables and still no luck.

Any thoughts?
post #9639 of 9650 Old 08-08-2017, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Mine is connected from AVR to darbee abd then to screen and it works perfectly.I have an older yamaha receiver with no 4K options. Must be the 4K in receiver that has caused the issue.

Matt
post #9640 of 9650 Old 08-08-2017, 05:29 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 7441 Post(s)
Liked: 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoNYC View Post
I recently purchased the 5000S and am pleased with that decision, but I'm having an annoying issue with it.

I feed all sources through my AVR (Denon X2200W), which then outputs the video to the TV. I'd prefer to put the Darbee after the AVR so everything can receive it's benefits. However, when I do that all I get is a green screen. I've turned off all processing/scaling/conversion in the AVR's video settings so it should not be outputting at 4K. If I instead put the Darbee in between a source and the AVR it works fine. So I currently have it hooked up between my Roku3 and one of the AVR's hdmi inputs. The AVR can then output that signal no problem. So then why if I move it to another spot in the chain does it not work? I've tried swapping HDMI cables and still no luck.

Any thoughts?
I have the Darblet between my Marantz 8802A and a Sony display. It works fine in this configuration. The 8802A upscales store 1080p, so upscaling should not be the issue. All I can think of is that the cables may be the issue. Otherwise, no reason it shouldn't work just fine.
post #9641 of 9650 Old 08-08-2017, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:

Any thoughts?
Well, it sounds like you've proven that the Darbee does indeed work properly. The issue could be the HDMI handshake between your TV and your Denon receiver... in what order do you power on your components? Typically you always want to power on your display first and then work backward to the source. What happens if you connect a source directly to your TV with the Darbee in between? Make sure you have any of those bogus HDMI CEC smart control settings shut off on your TV also.
post #9642 of 9650 Old 08-09-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Well, it sounds like you've proven that the Darbee does indeed work properly. The issue could be the HDMI handshake between your TV and your Denon receiver... in what order do you power on your components? Typically you always want to power on your display first and then work backward to the source. What happens if you connect a source directly to your TV with the Darbee in between? Make sure you have any of those bogus HDMI CEC smart control settings shut off on your TV also.
I've never thought about the order in which I power things on. It varies depending on which remote is closest to me at that moment. I'll give that a shot.

I've only used the Roku as my test source since it's the easiest for me to access and change cables. It works fine if I connect it directly to the TV and as mentioned it's fine if I connect it between the Roku and receiver. But whenever I put it after the receiver (directly before the TV) I get the green screen. I also have all CEC controls off since I don't use ARC for anything. I've tried a few different combinations of HDMI cables. Perhaps it's the power on order or maybe I just haven't found the right combinations of HDMI cables.
post #9643 of 9650 Old 08-09-2017, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1776 Post(s)
Liked: 1396
HDMI chains are very sensitive to order. That's one of the reasons those of us with several devices have a universal remote that takes care of all that (once programmed properly, that is).
As deano suggested, start from the TV and work backwards, waiting for each device to "boot up."
Michael

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
Don't guess, measure: Getting Started With REW: A Step-by-Step Guide
post #9644 of 9650 Old 08-09-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
HDMI chains are very sensitive to order. That's one of the reasons those of us with several devices have a universal remote that takes care of all that (once programmed properly, that is).
As deano suggested, start from the TV and work backwards, waiting for each device to "boot up."
Michael
I'll give this a shot. Although if that's the case I think I'll have to invest in a Harmony remote. Don't think the wife will like hearing that she now needs to turn everything on in a specific set order.
post #9645 of 9650 Old 08-09-2017, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2382 Post(s)
Liked: 1567
Quote:
I'll give this a shot. Although if that's the case I think I'll have to invest in a Harmony remote. Don't think the wife will like hearing that she now needs to turn everything on in a specific set order.
Even better, get a Harmony Hub and an Alexa device. Then you just need to tell Alexa to "Turn on Home Theater" and she'll take care of the rest for you. Very high WAF with that.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #9646 of 9650 Old 08-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Even better, get a Harmony Hub and an Alexa device. Then you just need to tell Alexa to "Turn on Home Theater" and she'll take care of the rest for you. Very high WAF with that.
Not a bad idea...already have the Alexa.
post #9647 of 9650 Old 08-11-2017, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Any thoughts?
I'm having the exact same problem with my darbee and my Denon X4200W. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work between the AVR and the projector but so far no luck. I'll be trying some of the things discussed here and if anything pans out I'll be sure to post back.
post #9648 of 9650 Old 08-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackattack51 View Post
I'm having the exact same problem with my darbee and my Denon X4200W. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work between the AVR and the projector but so far no luck. I'll be trying some of the things discussed here and if anything pans out I'll be sure to post back.
I had all sorts of issues placing a Darbee between my Denon 4520 and my JVC RS67. I would recommend trying to turn on your sources in an orderly fashion prior to turning on your projector. In the end, nothing really fully addressed the problem, until I bought an iScan mini and put it between the Darbee and my projector. That fixed the HDMI handshake problem and, as an added bonus, I get the iScan's additional processing which really compliments the Darbee. If nothing else works, give the iScan a try. I love mine.
post #9649 of 9650 Old 08-14-2017, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 151
I have used my Darbee between my Denon X5200W and Panasonic 8000 projector with no issues whatsover for a couple years now...
post #9650 of 9650 Old 08-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have/had some issues with a recently purchased Darbee, Denon X3300W and a Sony VPL-HW45ES. Some days it would work without issue, next time it would not (blank screen). Ended up putting a Integral into the mix that I had laying around and the issue has not returned

-pd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page